GDT: Game 16| Detroit Red Wings at Winnipeg Jets | November 4, 2013, 8:00 PM. | FSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

crashman

Height is probably the most overvalued trait in players today.

This is a league where a 5'8 player just won the Art Ross, and the last 2 Norris winners were 6'0. It really isn't a be-all/end-all.

Towards any knocks on Almqvist. He should be fine. (Not Norris standards clearly, but you get the point.)

I really don't think it matters much for forwards, but unless a small defenseman has great speed, he's at a disadvantage.

opivy

Sauce King
Sep 14, 2011
Columbus, OH
Height is probably the most overvalued trait in players today.

This is a league where a 5'8 player just won the Art Ross, and the last 2 Norris winners were 6'0. It really isn't a be-all/end-all.

Towards any knocks on Almqvist. He should be fine. (Not Norris standards clearly, but you get the point.)

The Art Ross is most certainly not a barometer for team success. Look at Tampas Corsi and Fenwick #'s - then look at our "low" scoring guys and our stats, look at playoff appearances etc.

Chicks dig the long ball but that's about it.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Helm and Tootoo on the same line

fist-pump-baby-jpg.36092

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I don't know why , but I like to see Datsyuk going to 3 line : Tatar-Datsyuk- Abby

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
I don't know why , but I like to see Datsyuk going to 3 line : Tatar-Datsyuk- Abby

MOD

But seriously, we've already seen the Abdelkader with Datsyuk combo enough so let's enjoy it while it's gone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sadekuuro

Aug 23, 2005
Cascadia
Almqvist finally gets a look (shrimp, but he can really move the puck) and he's immediately stuck with Quincey? :shakehead

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
If Kane is still out that is a good thing, but Winnipeg is one of the bigger forechecking teams in the league, so this is a good test for a lot of questions about Almqvist being able to cope with that.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Turning 2 Manitoba boys that play the style of Helm and Tootoo loose on the jets should be very fun to watch.

I think the nick name atom bombquist is something we should consider as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad