GDT: Game 16| Detroit Red Wings at Winnipeg Jets | November 4, 2013, 8:00 PM. | FSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Jets are terrible right now. No reason to lose this game.

I actually watched the game they had against the Hawks. They played a really good first period...

Then completely fell apart. The Hawks keep busting seams with speed and the Jets D looked like an entire unit in quicksand 2 steps behind the play.

The point is the Jets show flashes of being a respectable team. Crawford kept the Hawks even until they pulled ahead. As long as Detroit gets some timely saves and keep pressuring, they should come out with the win.

Brandel*

Why are people acting like it's a Franzen/Cleary swap; it's not. Cleary isn't getting scratched, I hope Franzen doesn't play but he likely will.

I wouldn't mind Franzen to replace Cleary and have Cleary replace Sammy, actually.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Why are people acting like it's a Franzen/Cleary swap; it's not. Cleary isn't getting scratched, I hope Franzen doesn't play but he likely will.

Well Franzen got hurt and Cleary took his spot, so yes it was literally a Franzen/Cleary swap. Now that Franzen is healthy he needs to go back to the 2nd line.

Brandel*

Well Franzen got hurt and Cleary took his spot, so yes it was literally a Franzen/Cleary swap. Now that Franzen is healthy he needs to go back to the 2nd line.

Yeah, but like I literally just said, Cleary won't be scratched... So no, it's not a 1 for 1 swap.

petesrw

Apr 6, 2009
I would be surprised to see the Tatar-Andersson-Abby line switched up as they've had some recent success, so when Franzen gets back in the lineup, we might just see Cleary straight to line 4.

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012
I would be surprised to see the Tatar-Andersson-Abby line switched up as they've had some recent success, so when Franzen gets back in the lineup, we might just see Cleary straight to line 4.

Yeah, but Babcock.

I'm pretty excited to see AA get his chance tonight, I hope this means Sammy is out and Almqvist takes his spot on the PP. Would be such a wasted opportunity if they didn't. Of course, Babcock loves his righties and Smith hasn't been given a chance either so who knows.

Still, looking forward to it. Always fun to see late picks succeed, best of luck to him.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Quincey-Almquist pairing.. ouff.. They're gonna have a rough time if matched against Wheeler, Kane..

TouringReg

Sep 27, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Wings fan here from Winnipeg. Detroit is the only team that hasn't played here since the Jets came back in 2011. Looking forward to seeing how good Z, Pavel and Tatar are in person, and how bad Cleary and Quincey are.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Our November schedule is easy, we have a chance to get ourself into a really comfortable position in the standings if we just beat the teams we 'should' beat. This is one of them.

I hope Almqvist does well and proves size isn't everything. We have a pretty big defense, I think we have room for one small guy that can move the puck.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Wings fan here from Winnipeg. Detroit is the only team that hasn't played here since the Jets came back in 2011. Looking forward to seeing how good Z, Pavel and Tatar are in person, and how bad Cleary and Quincey are.

I disagree with everyone here about Cleary At the end of the season he will have more points than Weiss , didn't I mention about penalty killing

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
He’s heavy on the puck, he’s smart,’’ Babcock said. “He’s not a big man (5-10, 186), but he seems to play heavy on it. He’s a puck-hound and he’s got skill in tight.

“As a team we feel we got to play way heavier in the offensive zone. We don’t spend enough time down there. Anytime you don’t spend there, the other team spends too much time in your zone. So a guy like Tats, that’s what he has to continue to do if he wants to play.’’

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/11/given_the_chance_tomas_tatar_p.html

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Good luck tonight, guys. I'm jealous of your organization. They were strong when the Jets 1.0 left and, 17 years later, they're still strong and have remained strong throughout Winnipeg's absence from the NHL.

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Oh, and I forgot to mention, the Jets have a waiver pick up and an AHL call-up playing together on the 3rd D line, so your forwards better WATCH OUT!

Zetterbergs Beard

Red Wins fan
May 20, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Oh, and I forgot to mention, the Jets have a waiver pick up and an AHL call-up playing together on the 3rd D line, so your forwards better WATCH OUT!

Watch them get 3 points and +3 each.

Other than that, I have no strong opinion on this game. I will be able to watch the third. Hoping for a good game and a Wings win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad