GDT: Game 16| Detroit Red Wings at Winnipeg Jets | November 4, 2013, 8:00 PM. | FSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
Babcock said heavy or some variation of it 3 times in 2 sentences. :shakehead

Really, Tatar doesn't need to be the Blob to stay in the lineup, he just needs to make plays. Is there a +/- heavy stat I am missing?

It's like when broadcasters make a comment about hits like it means anything at all.

Any word on the lines? Hoping for Franzen on the 2nd line, Cleary on the 4th, Sammy sitting. That's probably too much to ask for.

crashman

Really, Tatar doesn't need to be the Blob to stay in the lineup, he just needs to make plays. Is there a +/- heavy stat I am missing?

It's like when broadcasters make a comment about hits like it means anything at all.

Any word on the lines? Hoping for Franzen on the 2nd line, Cleary on the 4th, Sammy sitting. That's probably too much to ask for.

Babcock knows Tatar should be in the lineup every night, he's just saying this nonsense to make it seem like there was a legit reason why he wasn't playing since the start of the season.

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan

It's the following

40-13-44
71-90-11
21-18-8
20-43-22

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
So with Kane possibly out and Montoya in net there's no reason not to get a win.

A point will even suffice for me.

opivy

Sauce King
Sep 14, 2011
Columbus, OH
It's the following

40-13-44
71-90-11
21-18-8
20-43-22

Lines look intriguing.

2nd and 4th lines just don't look heavy enough.

Jokes aside, I wish 21 and 71 were swapped. This just looks like two 4th lines, a 3rd line and a really good 1st line. Swap out Tats and Cleary and it looks like two legitimate scoring lines, and two 4th lines.

probertrules24

Jul 10, 2007
Canada
Lines look intriguing.

Jokes aside, I wish 21 and 71 were swapped. This just looks like two 4th lines, a 3rd line and a really good 1st line. Swap out Tats and Cleary and it looks like two legitimate scoring lines, and two 4th lines.

Opivy keep calm and ***** ** you know the rest.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Height is probably the most overvalued trait in players today.

This is a league where a 5'8 player just won the Art Ross, and the last 2 Norris winners were 6'0. It really isn't a be-all/end-all.

Towards any knocks on Almqvist. He should be fine. (Not Norris standards clearly, but you get the point.)

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Khan:

Wings lines at skate: 40-13-44, 71-90-11, 8-18-21, 20-43-22. On D, Almquist paired with Quincey, Kronwall-DeKeyser, Lashoff-Kindl.

Almquist playing the right point on second power play unit, Kindl at other point. Weiss, Cleary and Tatar up front.

Franzen is skating but won't play tonight.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Lines look intriguing.

Normally I would agree, but I feel this gives us 3 solid scoring lines instead of 2.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Khan:

Wings lines at skate: 40-13-44, 71-90-11, 8-18-21, 20-43-22. On D, Almquist paired with Quincey, Kronwall-DeKeyser, Lashoff-Kindl.

Almquist playing the right point on second power play unit, Kindl at other point. Weiss, Cleary and Tatar up front.

Franzen is skating but won't play tonight.

Why the hell is Dan Cleary on the 2nd PP unit? Can't Gator do that job?

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009

Sad life when you're trying to argue for Abby on a powerplay unit as opposed to Cleary. But I agree. Neither are great offensive weapons, but as always, Cleary is just way too slow to do anything.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Look I have put up the stats wayyy too many times. But out of 137 players forwards in NHL who played top 2 lines toi in last three years cleary is dead last in toi per ppg and dead last in shooting percentage.

He got Mike to buy into he has worth by that luck in the playoffs. To debate Franzen over him is just crazy.

Abby has not been much better but will take a guy who is shooting percentage of 7.9 over the guy below 4 the only guy with a job under 4.0 in nhl by the way who is 121st overall of the 137 for shooting percentage and is 117 out of 137 for ppg per toi over cleary who no longer belongs in NHL and should not be playing ANY TOP TWO LINE MINUTES EVER.

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012

Cleary's got, what? 2 points? That needs to be fixed, Babcock's not taking any chances when it comes to getting Cleary another contract. Not even with Holland as his GM.

Edit: didn't see your post, CoC. You can now officially consider your mind awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad