GDT: Game 16| Detroit Red Wings at Winnipeg Jets | November 4, 2013, 8:00 PM. | FSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
:wings at :jets
November 4, 2013 - 8:00 PM
MTS Center
Winnipeg, MB

Red Wings: 9-4-2, 20 points. Tied 1st in Atlantic, Tied 2nd in Eastern Conference.
Jets: 5-8-2, 12 points. Last in Central, Tied 12th in Western Conference.

Wings lines:

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi
Cleary - Weiss - Alfredsson
Tatar - Andersson - Abdelkader
Miller - Helm - Tootoo

Kronwall - Dekeyser
Quincey - Kindl
Lashoff - Almqvist

Howard

Jets lines:

Ladd - Little - Setoguchi
Kane - Jokinen - Wheeler
Halischuk - Scheifele - Frolik
Thorburn - Wright - Peluso

Enstrom - Bogosian
Clitsome - Byfuglien
Pardy - Ellerby

Montoya

Lines, defense pairings and goalies to be updated.

Last edited:

SoupNazi

Feb 6, 2010
That's my hope. I would love to see a sweep here tomorrow night.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Over under on byfatass breaking his dry spell against us? Oh boy setoguchi too well there is two goals against right there just starting out. I'll go with winnipeg 4-3. Gotta stay consistant with this road trip and all you know.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
MTS has probably the best atmosphere in the league. Winnipeg are another team desperate for a win. I hope the same Wings team that played yesterday shows up.

Phil18

Jul 13, 2013
Montréal
If Almqvist score a goal or 2 what do you think the wings will do send him back to the griffins or keep him in the nhl and trade someone ??

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I don't know what to think. We actually scored a few goals this trip so far. It's a little confusing. Is Franzen supposed to come back? I think if we keep this lineup we'll put up a hell of a fight. It's a little sad that I feel less comfortable with Franzen in the lineup than out.

SoupNazi

Feb 6, 2010
I don't know what to think. We actually scored a few goals this trip so far. It's a little confusing. Is Franzen supposed to come back? I think if we keep this lineup we'll put up a hell of a fight. It's a little sad that I feel less comfortable with Franzen in the lineup than out.

I think Mule is supposed to be back, but who knows. It personally wouldn't bother me to keep this lineup together until Thursday, when we get back home.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I think Mule is supposed to be back, but who knows. It personally wouldn't bother me to keep this lineup together until Thursday, when we get back home.

Disagree.

I'd rather have Franzen at 10% playing on the 2nd line, than Cleary playing at 100% playing on line 2.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Disagree.

I'd rather have Franzen at 10% playing on the 2nd line, than Cleary playing at 100% playing on line 2.

I guess?

He's been pretty impactless so far. About as impactless as Cleary.

Anchor Town*

If Almqvist score a goal or 2 what do you think the wings will do send him back to the griffins or keep him in the nhl and trade someone ??

5'11" 180 lb average skating defensemen don't have much staying power in the NHL

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Don't disagree there. But Franzen can score goals, Cleary can't.

Normally. Franzen has 6 goals over his last 26 games. That's this season and playoffs last year. Cleary has 5 goals over 29 games in that time. In fairness, though, Franzen was going wild to end the season last year.

But since the playoffs last year, it's a two horse race. I'm just hoping Franzen is starting slow, because his 2 goals this season came in 1 game.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Normally. Franzen has 6 goals over his last 26 games. That's this season and playoffs last year. Cleary has 5 goals over 29 games in that time. In fairness, though, Franzen was going wild to end the season last year.

But since the playoffs last year, it's a two horse race. I'm just hoping Franzen is starting slow, because his 2 goals this season came in 1 game.

That's some pretty serious cherry-picking.

Cleary has really done nothing this year. He has a phantom assist, an empty net assist, which accounts for 2/3 of his points.

He has the worst shooting % of any forward that's scored a goal. We see him get set up with quality chances every game, and he never converts.

Franzen needs to be a lot better though, no doubt, I do agree there. But a lazy skilled forward, is still a skilled forward. And let's be honest, Cleary has been bad too.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
5'11" 180 lb average skating defensemen don't have much staying power in the NHL

Lidstrom wasn't huge nor was he the fastest skater. I'm not comparing Almqvist to Lidstrom. I'm just saying that smart players are able to use their hockey IQ to overcome their shortcomings. And Almqvist is definitely a smart player. Offensively, at least.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Lidstrom wasn't huge nor was he the fastest skater. I'm not comparing Almqvist to Lidstrom. I'm just saying that smart players are able to use their hockey IQ to overcome their shortcomings. And Almqvist is definitely a smart player. Offensively, at least.

If Almqvist was 6'1 and 190 lbs like Lidstrom it wouldn't be an issue. He's far from that though.

Brandel*

Why are people acting like it's a Franzen/Cleary swap; it's not. Cleary isn't getting scratched, I hope Franzen doesn't play but he likely will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad