GDT: Game 16: Avs @ Jets | 6 PM MT | November 9, 2018 | Oh No, We Suck Again

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
We know what Dano brings to the NHL. We don't yet know what Greer brings to the NHL.

We've sen him play more games than Dano in an Avs jersey.

I'm not saying that he won't be good enough in the future, but as of right now he is not an NHL level player. To my eye, his skating still isn't good enough.

Reactions: Pomee

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
We've sen him play more games than Dano in an Avs jersey.

I'm not saying that he won't be good enough in the future, but as of right now he is not an NHL level player. To my eye, his skating still isn't good enough.

That first part is irrelevant. Dano's played 136 NHL games, Greer has played 23, and I'm willing to bet his TOI in a majority of those games was pretty scant. What does it matter if Greer played more in Colorado? There simply isn't a big enough sample size to make a determination, where there pretty much is one for Dano.

Maybe he's not good enough for the NHL, I don't know, but what I do know is that they should at least give him a chance to fail before moving on. Just shuttling him around back and forth like he's just another AHL scrub is a waste of everyone's time. At the very least quit making waiver claims on any other useless scrubs and use the guy FFS.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Fundamentally I agree with getting some time to Greer over Dano, but I wouldn't be expecting Greer to light it up either.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
The Leafs beat the Jets twice in back to back games with Mathews out. Our offence is better than theirs without Matthews, our D is much better, and our goaltending has been better (except the last few games). So when you take all of that into consideration, it's going to suck a lot when we lose.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
The Leafs beat the Jets twice in back to back games with Mathews out. Our offence is better than theirs without Matthews, our D is much better, and our goaltending has been better (except the last few games). So when you take all of that into consideration, it's going to suck a lot when we lose.

Their offensive depth is much better. And D led by Reilly is pretty good.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Their offensive depth is much better. And D led by Reilly is pretty good.
They've had a lot of trouble scoring lately. Their D isn't nearly as good as ours. They have better forward depth, but I'd say we are better offensively right now.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
We could use a Greer for a game like this. Jets always try to bully us.

What are you talking about man...

djfyn.gif

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Wait, people think AJ Greer is going to intimidate the freaking Jets? NHL grown men aren’t worried about AJ Greer. The 3 or 4 hits he lays in 5 minutes of ice time isn’t going to matter.

It’s a race of two guys who don’t belong in the league. You’re in trouble either way. Bednar would probably rather play his boy against his favorite team so Dano gets the spot over Greer.

Arguing over which misfit draws into the lineup seems pretty dumb. Sheldon Dries is on our freaking second line.

Reactions: Foppberg

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Wait, people think AJ Greer is going to intimidate the freaking Jets? NHL grown men aren’t worried about AJ Greer. The 3 or 4 hits he lays in 5 minutes of ice time isn’t going to matter.

It’s a race of two guys who don’t belong in the league. You’re in trouble either way. Bednar would probably rather play his boy against his favorite team so Dano gets the spot over Greer.

Arguing over which misfit draws into the lineup seems pretty dumb. Sheldon Dries is on our freaking second line.

If they put Greer on waivers would a team claim him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad