Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
Schmidt is a good to great 3rd pairing defenseman. The problem is that he's getting paid $6M, which makes him overpaid by $4M.

Pionk, on the other hand, doesn't belong in the NHL. Which means that not only are we overpaying him $6M to be in a league he doesn't belong in, but our team is incredibly worse because of it.
Pionk should be on the Moose, bought out or traded with 50% retention.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Schmidt is a good to great 3rd pairing defenseman. The problem is that he's getting paid $6M, which makes him overpaid by $4M.

Pionk, on the other hand, doesn't belong in the NHL. Which means that not only are we overpaying him $6M to be in a league he doesn't belong in, but our team is incredibly worse because of it.
Pionk should be on the Moose, bought out or traded with 50% retention.

the problem is Pionk is still leagues better than quite a few of the D that will be available this offseason. It's a bad offseason to go Dman hunting.

Reactions: Channelcat

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
the problem is Pionk is still leagues better than quite a few of the D that will be available this offseason. It's a bad offseason to go Dman hunting.
I don't rank Pionk above replacement level defenseman. He can't skate or defend or create offense.

I'm not saying we swing for the UFA fences, but then again, maybe we should. It would be impossible to find a better team than the Jets with a bigger need than the Jets - in the NHL or prospect pool. So either we target an older UFA (Tanev, Shattenkirk), overpay Sean Walker long-term or do everything we can to keep Miller or and sign another Miller.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I don't rank Pionk above replacement level defenseman. He can't skate or defend or create offense.

I'm not saying we swing for the UFA fences, but then again, maybe we should. It would be impossible to find a better team than the Jets with a bigger need than the Jets - in the NHL or prospect pool. So either we target an older UFA (Tanev, Shattenkirk), overpay Sean Walker long-term or do everything we can to keep Miller or and sign another Miller.

The problem with going after older UFA guys is they have one foot in regression. You might get one season out of them if your lucky and many times playing on tighter teams makes them look a lot better than they are. Shatty has been a whipping boy pretty much everywhere he has gone. He'd be no different than Pionk here and likely honestly worse. I think the Bruins solid defensive play and goaltending masks a lot of his issues. When the Ducks don't even want you, you likely aren't good.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
One of the most intriguing rumors involves the New York Rangers and the Winnipeg Jets…

Sources close to both teams have indicated that the Rangers are interested in acquiring Ehlers. In exchange for Ehlers, the Jets are reportedly seeking a package that includes center Filip Chytil and winger Kaapo Kakko.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
One of the most intriguing rumors involves the New York Rangers and the Winnipeg Jets…

Sources close to both teams have indicated that the Rangers are interested in acquiring Ehlers. In exchange for Ehlers, the Jets are reportedly seeking a package that includes center Filip Chytil and winger Kaapo Kakko.
doubt the jets have much interest in chytil with his health concerns

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont

Isn’t Chytil pretty well done because of concussions?

Reactions: wraithsonwings

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Where did you here this?

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016

Like trading with rangers has worked out well for us in the past.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Chytil had a pretty good start this year then he had a head injury that kept him out until he played in game 3 of the series with the Canes but has not played since that game saying he doesn't feel well. Kappo has really not done anything to date, I would stay away from both. If they do decide to move Nik there should be better deals out there.

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Chytil had a pretty good start this year then he had a head injury that kept him out until he played in game 3 of the series with the Canes but has not played since that game saying he doesn't feel well. Kappo has really not done anything to date, I would stay away from both. If they do decide to move Nik there should be better deals out there.
Kakko + Trouba or Schneider would be an A+ deal for me. Maybe Trouba's wife is done med school now

• Haha
Reactions: hn777

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Pretty big risk with Chytil. Kakko is just meh.

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
doubt the jets have much interest in chytil with his health concerns
I agree. I feel like they really wanted to draft him and he got sniped right before our pick.

Kakko would interest me as I’ve noticed to be a cup contender you need a player drafted first or second overall, even if they aren’t a major contributor.

Schneider would be the other obvious ask as he’s trapped behind Fox and captain Trouba and is now an RFA. We could slot him into our top 4, maybe even beside Josh.

Then I’d want their 1st because they owe us. Even if we added someone else going back.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

Rangers aren’t trading Kakko and Chytil for Ehlers, who’ll be on the last year in his contract.

Schneider would be the other obvious ask as he’s trapped behind Fox and captain Trouba and is now an RFA. We could slot him into our top 4, maybe even beside Josh.

Trouba’s contract changes from a NMC to a 15 team NTC after the season. They’re not moving Schneider. They’ll move Trouba if they need the cap space.

• Haha

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I haven't followed him for a number of years: but saw Brett Pesce is a UFA. What are thoughts on his recent play?

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Ehlers for Chytil and Kakko seems pretty lopsided for the Rangers. I know Chytil is back right now, but his long-term health is a big question mark and Kakko doesn’t move the needle and probably doesn’t have a ton of value as he heads towards bust territory.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Ehlers for Chytil and Kakko seems pretty lopsided for the Rangers. I know Chytil is back right now, but his long-term health is a big question mark and Kakko doesn’t move the needle and probably doesn’t have a ton of value as he heads towards bust territory.

Chytil is not back. He came back for one game and is out again after not feeling well after playing. I feel for the guy but I wouldn't touch him right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad