GDT: Game 16: Avs @ Jets | 6 PM MT | November 9, 2018 | Oh No, We Suck Again

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Have to agree here. The East-Cost-Trip looked pretty damn good. The Calgary loss at home changed things, the Tampa loss made it worst.
Yeah, and the Calgary loss came after that long break and the team forgot how to play hockey, and I put that on the coaches. I dont know what they do during those breaks or don't do, but it's the coaches job to make sure they don't come out flat like that.

Good teams adjust and win games in any situations, like the Jets beating the Avs after they had a long break. Avs remind me of a car running on a dead battery, as long as you keep the engine running it's fine, once you shut the engine off, it wont start again.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Yeah, and the Calgary loss came after that long break and the team forgot how to play hockey, and I put that on the coaches. I dont know what they do during those breaks or don't do, but it's the coaches job to make sure they don't come out flat like that.

Good teams adjust and win games in any situations, like the Jets beating the Avs after they had a long break. Avs remind me of a car running on a dead battery, as long as you keep the engine running it's fine, once you shut the engine off, it wont start again.
Actually the Calgary home loss was between the first 2 game trip and the second 4 game trip to the East. So we are both wrong here :help:

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I don't think we're playing worse than we were earlier. We were just getting unsustainable defence/goaltending earlier. We won games we shouldn't have like that Canes game, it's just balancing out now.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Big fan of an NHL where noted fat man Dustin Byfuglien does a full bodycheck along the boards of noted actual child Sam Girard a full second after the whistle is blown and isn't immediately jumped by three guys.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Big fan of an NHL where noted fat man Dustin Byfuglien does a full bodycheck along the boards of noted actual child Sam Girard a full second after the whistle is blown and isn't immediately jumped by three guys.
That was something that irritated me. I understand Byfuglien is very big and strong, but you don't just let that happen.

This team seems to be shrivelling, though. First against the Flames blowing that lead, then against the Canucks looking lousy, then against the Predators when Landeskog tried to hit Forsberg and not only was stood up, but laughed at by Forsberg after, and then Byfuglien hammering Girard after the whistle and nobody doing a damn thing about it.

The turtling nature of this team is back.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
That was something that irritated me. I understand Byfuglien is very big and strong, but you don't just let that happen.

This team seems to be shrivelling, though. First against the Flames blowing that lead, then against the Canucks looking lousy, then against the Predators when Landeskog tried to hit Forsberg and not only was stood up, but laughed at by Forsberg after, and then Byfuglien hammering Girard after the whistle and nobody doing a damn thing about it.

I remember seeing that but I had the opposite reaction. More like what is that little punk laughing about? It was the end of the period, he makes a hit and then heads for the locker room. Seemed like from his reaction Forsberg was wanting to get into it or something but clearly Landy wasn't concerned with him.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I remember seeing that but I had the opposite reaction. More like what is that little punk laughing about? It was the end of the period, he makes a hit and then heads for the locker room. Seemed like from his reaction Forsberg was wanting to get into it or something but clearly Landy wasn't concerned with him.
There were a couple of seconds left and Landeskog went to make a big hit. Not only did Forsberg see him coming and brace himself, but he got the better of Landeskog and sent him down. Then laughed in Landeskog's face before Landy skated away. That's a pretty embarrassing feeling.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
There were a couple of seconds left and Landeskog went to make a big hit. Not only did Forsberg see him coming and brace himself, but he got the better of Landeskog and sent him down. Then laughed in Landeskog's face before Landy skated away. That's a pretty embarrassing feeling.
Eh, he was already skating away when Forsberg started smirking to himself. I doubt Landeskog even realized it happened unless he watched a replay.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

No one can do anything against him. Greer and Zadorov have tried in the past...it never ends well. If you go after him it doubles the humiliation.

Reactions: McMetal

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

What are they gonna do? Nobody can go with Buff and not risk life and limb. The only thing Landy could have done was go low and double leg him to take him down. If he tries to fight him, he's putting the team at risk of losing one of their best players to injury.

This is the downside of losing the tough guys in the NHL. When the biggest guys are some of the dirtiest guys, nobody except the league can hold them accountable. Which like we saw with Lucic recently, they don't do often enough.

Filip Forsberg's always smirking. He likes to act tough but nobody is scared of him. The only fight he's ever had in the NHL was against Virtanen and he got smoked.

His smirk would disappear pretty quick if Landy decided to make him back up his fake tough guy routine.

I'm torn on Landy fighting. I wish he'd do it a little more, but I can understand why Bednar doesn't want him to. He's just so important to this team's success. They need him on the ice, not sitting in the box for five minutes. There's a time and place though.

Last edited:

Postanin CB Ting

Apr 6, 2012
Off topic, didnt know where to post but I'm watching the boys for the first time live tmr! Stoked... slump ends in ot I bet. Anyone know what time they'll skate or practice in Edmonton? Thanks

Reactions: 5280

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Just came back from a trip and we're 0-4-1 in that period. Suddenly we suck. What the hell happened?

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
What are they gonna do? Nobody can go with Buff and not risk life and limb. The only thing Landy could have done was go low and double leg him to take him down. If he tries to fight him, he's putting the team at risk of losing one of their best players to injury.
Hence why I said he should have been triple-teamed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad