Post-Game Talk: Game #15 November 12th - Canucks lose to Leafs - 2-3 - Horvat & Miller

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
This isn’t just a bad team. It’s a bad organization, and it starts with the owner. Until people stop buying hats and reverse retro jerseys and keychains and seasons ticket and $15 hot dogs, NOTHING will change. Chairs will be shuffled, names will change, the band will play on, and the iceberg will continue to tear the shit out of the hull.

Unless the power posse of Ryan Reynolds, Joshua Jackson, Seth Rogan and Michael Buble buys the Canucks from the slumlords of the Aquilini’s….this team is toast until new ownership comes in.

Reactions: Kevinsane

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
It actually is not good on paper. It is poorly assembled with redundant pieces and serious deficiencies.
Yeah, sorry, that was sorta what I was getting at.

Like, we have X, Y and Z, this should be a functional NHL team! Only, no. No.....

Reactions: m9

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Excuse me?
It's a comment hearkening back to the previous era of people claiming ownership of what constitutes being a "real" Canuck fan. By accepting incompetence, we're not "real/true" fans VS only full support of the team ="real/true" fans. I figured you'd recall some of those conversations.

Reactions: BimJenning

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
At least they kept their streak of 3+ goals against in every game (except for one) this season.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007

Maybe Joel Quenneville?​

1668314593932.png

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I agree that JR's been a little aggressive with his comments considering how they did almost nothing to address the main issues with this team from a roster perspective, but Bruce is putting the nails in his own coffin:

- Keeps dressing Stillman (and somehow thought Stillman - Bear is a good idea)
- Keeps Miller at center when he's bleeding goals against
- Scratches Garland but lets a slug like Pearson do whatever he wants including terrible penalty after terrible penalty (accountability in general is sorely lacking)
- Won't dress Burroughs despite him being a consistent and hard-working performer, which is hard to find on this team

His stubbornness is directly costing him games. The roster is obviously flawed but he's not helping himself.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
They won’t splurge ($$$$) on a name coach until after the season.

This season is cooked.

Well they are paying 3 coaches currently lol. So the coach is not the issue.

I keep forgetting that Allvin is our GM. Have we even heard from him this season? Does he even exist?!

Maybe he's just a figment of our imagination after suffering through a decade with Benning.

Allvin is a mere puppet. He can’t fart without clearing it with JR.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
It actually is not good on paper. It is poorly assembled with redundant pieces and serious deficiencies.

Wait. You don’t think a defense that has John Rathbone, Gill Brisbois , Chris wolanin, Alex Burroughs and Luke schenn in the top pairing is not good???

This team went 32-15-10 under Bordeau. That's not a mirage, this team is the real deal. You don't give on a team that can go 32-15-10.

This team needs to go like 45-20 the rest of the way to even squeak in lol. Impossible. What a disaster.

I believe our last right shot defense prospect (woo) was moved to winger last I heard

That epitomizes our player development

I said 3 years ago he was a bust and people called me “racist” for saying he likely won’t have an NHL career. Lol.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
This isn’t just a bad team. It’s a bad organization, and it starts with the owner. Until people stop buying hats and reverse retro jerseys and keychains and seasons ticket and $15 hot dogs, NOTHING will change. Chairs will be shuffled, names will change, the band will play on, and the iceberg will continue to tear the shit out of the hull.

Out of 52. We’re spoiled.

Agreed. NeverMind the on ice shit product but it’s a laughing stock off ice too. Sell the team, change the seats, get rid of the whale, change the colors , the slogan , the coach, players , banners , Everything. Tear it down to the studs.

Reactions: Kevinsane

drax0s

Mar 18, 2014
Vancouver, BC.
They were engrained in a losing culture with no standards or accountability while simultaneously being told they were the most super special Calder finalists ever. And turned into a cliquey boy band with loser attitudes and bad habits on and off the ice.
Ah, so we're going the Hall / Nuge era Oilers. Excellent. :|

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Agreed something is off about the chemistry
Perhaps the fact that the players literally hate each other and 2 different groups don’t talk to each other off the ice ?

Ah, so we're going the Hall / Nuge era Oilers. Excellent. :|

Except no Mcdavid / Drai at the end of the tunnel.

Trade miller boeser and garland for late 1sts. Have a great draft.

Millers contract has negative value. You would literally have to add a pick + to move him. Nobody wants him for 8 years at that price.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Another goal for Horvat, who trails only McDavid in goals through the entire NHL. Enjoy him while you can, Canuck fans. Like Gaudreau and Tkachuk before him in Calgary, he's as good as gone this off-season if not sooner.

You think the Leafs wouldn't love to have him in the lineup to join former London Knights teammate Mitch Marner?

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
The last defenseman that we drafted that could actually defend well was Mattias Ohlund. Think about that.

Another goal for Horvat, who trails only McDavid in goals through the entire NHL. Enjoy him while you can, Canuck fans. Like Gaudreau and Tkachuk before him in Calgary, he's as good as gone this off-season if not sooner.

You think the Leafs wouldn't love to have him in the lineup to join former London Knights teammate Mitch Marner?

See ya.

How can you get emotionally attached to any player on this roster ? There’s 0% chance we win f*** all with any of these players. So who really cares.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00