Post-Game Talk: Game #15 November 12th - Canucks lose to Leafs - 2-3 - Horvat & Miller

AD16

Aug 6, 2020
Just dumbfounded at this point. I’ve been a fan for almost 30 years now but this might be the most disheartened I’ve ever been with this team and franchise. I mean where do we even go from here? How long will it take? We just spent the better part of a decade being complete crap at both tanking and competing. Just sucks right now. You start to question why anyone would devote their time and energy in following this team. There’s not a single redeeming quality about this franchise at this point.

Reactions: Tonystretcher

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Just dumbfounded at this point. I’ve been a fan for almost 30 years now but this might be the most disheartened I’ve ever been with this team and franchise. I mean where do we even go from here? How long will it take? We just spent the better part of a decade being complete crap at both tanking and competing. Just sucks right now. You start to question why anyone would devote their time and energy in following this team. There’s not a single redeeming quality about this franchise at this point.

Our owners suck, bleeding us fans from our hard earn money. Haven’t bought anything Canucks related on 7-8 years, it’s a trying time my friend.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
lol i finally ignored rr. my first ever here. he got me infracted for saying he was doing something that starts with a g when he was in fact doing that thing that starts with a g. so i am peacing out on that. when you cannot politely call someone out for something they are doing then i cannot have interactions with that person.
Pom for me. Reading his drek triggers me so badly. Thanks mute function.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Kalynuk who looked horrible in the preseason has been the better of the two in recent games to my eye.

Brisebois has continued his strong play since being sent back down and has been the most effective defender down there and hands-down the best defensively.

Kalynuk look utterly hopeless though, through the entire preseason. How much weight do you put behind him suddenly being a better player?

How much do you want to frame around a small sample AHL estimate?

Diogenes92

Dec 13, 2014
North Vancouver
JR isn't being aggressive. He is being unprofessional.

Say what you want about Benning and many of you do. He would never pull the stunts in public that JR has. Its shameful and unprofessional. We are under poor leadership at the GM position.

Heck I think even famous liked by nobody road on coat tails of everyone Mike Gillis wouldn't even pull this garbage.

Fire JR.
Benning is an all-time bad GM in NHL history. I'll take JRs brutal honesty over Benning's utter incompetence.

Not to mention be backstabbed Linden and was about as arrogant as you can be for being so poor at his job.

Just stop.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I agree that JR's been a little aggressive with his comments considering how they did almost nothing to address the main issues with this team from a roster perspective, but Bruce is putting the nails in his own coffin:

- Keeps dressing Stillman (and somehow thought Stillman - Bear is a good idea)
- Keeps Miller at center when he's bleeding goals against
- Scratches Garland but lets a slug like Pearson do whatever he wants including terrible penalty after terrible penalty (accountability in general is sorely lacking)
- Won't dress Burroughs despite him being a consistent and hard-working performer, which is hard to find on this team

His stubbornness is directly costing him games. The roster is obviously flawed but he's not helping himself.

Miller at centre and the PK, also Myers on the PK is a tire fire.

Benning is an all-time bad GM in NHL history. I'll take JRs brutal honesty over Benning's utter incompetence.

Not to mention be backstabbed Linden and was about as arrogant as you can be for being so poor at his job.

Just stop.

JR is being honest, gotta take accountability

Reactions: David71

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Let me guess they blew a multi goal lead again..... :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Yep....the team single season record for blowing two goal leads and losing stands at 13....I believe Buffalo and Jersey are the culprits.

But the Canucks are almost half-way there and they're only at the 15-game mark! Another dubious NHL record to go along with their 32nd ranked PK. Are we having fun yet?

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Kalynuk look utterly hopeless though, through the entire preseason. How much weight do you put behind him suddenly being a better player?

How much do you want to frame around a small sample AHL estimate?

I’m at like 15 games for each now and they’re the same sort of #2-3 skill AHL defender with defensive issues. I don’t think either is an NHL player.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Yep....the team single season record for blowing two goal leads and losing stands at 13....I believe Buffalo and Jersey are the culprits.

But the Canucks are almost half-way there and they're only at the 15-game mark! Another dubious NHL record to go along with their 32nd ranked PK. Are we having fun yet?
tumblr_lmabiomO4q1qingovo1_500.gif

Reactions: geebaan

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Tomorrow will be Boudreau's last game as a coach of the Vancouver Canucks. It's bullshit really as the issues really stem deeper than him and I don't think he was given a fair shake, but that man is as good as gone once they lose to the Bruins tomorrow.

Reactions: Dala and Jet91

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I’m at like 15 games for each now and they’re the same sort of #2-3 skill AHL defender with defensive issues. I don’t think either is an NHL player.
That's really weird, considering how they looked preseason. One looked comfortably NHL depth caliber, and the other looked like he clearly did not belong.

Jet91

Mar 18, 2009
Vernon
Tomorrow will be Boudreau's last game as a coach of the Vancouver Canucks. It's bullshit really as the issues really stem deeper than him and I don't think he was given a fair shake, but that man is as good as gone once they lose to the Bruins tomorrow.
As much as it pains and angers me I do agree with you. It will most likely be a complete beat-down and that will be it for Bruce. As unfair as it is I will almost be happy for him tbh. He's too good of a coach and human to be dragged down in this mess of an organization. He seems so defeated these days. He deserves so much better than to be the incompetent management staff's scapegoat.

He's taken all the B.S and undeserved backlash with complete class. I have nothing but respect for him and all he has done for this team. This roster is not construed properly end of story. Bring in all the 5-6 defensemen you want it won't change a thing. I hope Alvin, JR and Aqua are prepared for the backlash this firing will bring them. They deserve ALL of it.

You think it's bad right now under Bruce, just wait till Yeo is promoted to "interim" head coach till the end of the season. Mother of god...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad