Post-Game Talk: Game #15 November 12th - Canucks lose to Leafs - 2-3 - Horvat & Miller

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
your eyes.

The problem is that this is the EA NHL conundrum. You assemble a number of pieces together and on paper, everything looks great. Like going GM mode and just building a team however you like.

It actually is not good on paper. It is poorly assembled with redundant pieces and serious deficiencies.

Reactions: timw33

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
That's weird. He looked just fine went he went down.

Kalynuk who looked horrible in the preseason has been the better of the two in recent games to my eye.

Brisebois has continued his strong play since being sent back down and has been the most effective defender down there and hands-down the best defensively.

Reactions: Grantham

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Team needs a coach like Brindamour that will skate circles around them and challenge them every time they practice.

A hard ass that can back up his words.

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
This team as its built could be a contender. Will they get the coaching or the support from management to make it? I doubt it.
Lol. Seriously?
I don't recall ever being this disenchanted with the team before. I've been around for the entre ride. Over 50 years of disappointment is just about enough.
It really is. I’m there with you. 1970-
And how many years as a legitimate threat to win the Stanley Cup? Five? Six?

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Really the most frustrating thing so far is that the abysmal player development program hat was such a disaster under benning has apparently not been improved thus far. Guys like Hoglander, Podkolzin and Rathbone do not seem to be on a great track, continuing the long established Canuck tradition of skaters looking great as rookies and then somehow not taking another step forward.

I believe our last right shot defense prospect (woo) was moved to winger last I heard

That epitomizes our player development

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
This team went 32-15-10 under Bordeau. That's not a mirage, this team is the real deal. You don't give on a team that can go 32-15-10.
This team went 32-15-10 under Bordeau. That's not a mirage, this team is the real deal. You don't give on a team that can go 32-15-10.
Aqualini is already paying millions to an ex coach and GM..He’s not paying to have 3 guys sit on their ass…

That was pretty amazing what Boudreau did last season..I don’t see that happening this season..They’re not getting the goaltending and they don’t have the roster..

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
This isn’t just a bad team. It’s a bad organization, and it starts with the owner. Until people stop buying hats and reverse retro jerseys and keychains and seasons ticket and $15 hot dogs, NOTHING will change. Chairs will be shuffled, names will change, the band will play on, and the iceberg will continue to tear the shit out of the hull.

2009-2012

1992-1994

Five years by my count
Out of 52. We’re spoiled.

Jet91

Mar 18, 2009
Vernon
Team is constructed so poorly. Defense is hot garbage. The fact that Rutherford continues to blame Bruce for this mess when it's the roster he neglected to improve is disgusting. Orginization is a mess from top to bottom. Another lost season...

Go Lions go!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad