Post-Game Talk: Game #15 November 12th - Canucks lose to Leafs - 2-3 - Horvat & Miller

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hi my Canucks friends,

I had this song stuck in my head all day and decided to try a parody for the GDT.

I dedicate this GDT to one of the Mentors /Older Best friends from my childhood, who recently passed and convinced me to learn to not only enjoy Rush, but also deeply appreciate their musicianship when I was a teenager. He had a good, long life , so please celebrate with me, rather than mourn.

On a very related note, thank you all for helping me to learn how to appreciate online relationships and their value. You folks have helped me more than you can ever know.

Please note that Lineups are very premature. I’ll update Saturday morning once information is available

(amazing intro for 5:00 minutes)

To seek the sacred Stanley Cup
To win it on Home ice
To break the drought for me & you
and drink bubbles of paradise.

I have heard the whispered tales
Of winning this trophy
For us a mystery
From the winners book, we need a clue

We topped the frozen salary cap
At JR’s hands we know
Running Allvin’s show
Searching for our first, Stanley Cup
Stanley Cup

Withstanding all the hurt we’ve known
Years one to Fifty one
To taste just once the winners life
The long suffering Canucks fan
To seek the sacred Stanley Cup
To win it on Home ice
and drink bubbles of paradise,..oh paradise

(Another amazing instrumental bridge)

Fifty Two years have come and gone
And time is passing by
Our patience you can’t deny
Frozen in an everlasting fugue

Waiting for the losing to end
Weary of our plight
Wanting the Team to fight

Another Season lost?, no Stanley Cup
Stanley Cup

Withstanding all the hurt we’ve known
Years one to Fifty one
To taste just once the winners life
The long suffering Canucks fan

But each year we shall return
On Home and Away ice
and drink bubbles of paradise,..oh paradise

(amazing outro)

Game notes as per NHL.com

Lineups as per daily face off
8838A9CD-E553-4668-8AD6-D27E3433DDB5.png

ED2F44F0-A1BC-483F-960B-D6853BAD2D44.png

0AAEC631-09DA-4E37-B9CA-FF04219F66F0.png

Last edited:

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
99% chance we win. Team has scored like 18 with martin in net as they hate demko. I expect that number to balloon to 25. Plus toronto always plays down to us. Without out fail.

• Love
Reactions: Peen and Indiana

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
A small victory of the game would be, if as per usual the Canucks make a rookie goalie in his first game look like the second coming of Patrick Roy, and it inflates leafs fans hopes and dreams, only to have it severely crushed the very next time he plays.

(Man... is there something wrong with me that I'd take joy in that?)

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
A small victory of the game would be, if as per usual the Canucks make a rookie goalie in his first game look like the second coming of Patrick Roy, and it inflates leafs fans hopes and dreams, only to have it severely crushed the very next time he plays.

Happy birthday!

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
I don't ask for much from this hockey team. But I'll be at the game. I would love nothing more for the Canucks to win so I can unapologetically insult all my co-workers and so called friends that are Leafs fans.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
I like the forwards, but wtf the defence... like why split what has been working? Keep Stillman out, and if you don't want Rathbone in, put Burroughs who I am not going to call dman Burrows. Hell I might try taking out Myers and putting Burrows with Rathbone.

• Love
Reactions: Peen and mossey3535

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I absolutely cannot comprehend why Burroughs isn't playing. It's mind-boggling. The difference in his play vs that of Rathbone and Stillman to date this year has been severely evident.
For a handful of the first few games he was the team's best defenseman. That isn't debatable. It's not like his game fell off or anything to deserve a scratch. Bizarre.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
If the Canucks have any hope of winning a game, its tomorrow night in TO....The Leafs are playing tonight in Pittsburgh.

Realistically though, I'd say its probable the Canucks drop all 3 of their remaining games on the road..There's absolutely nothing to suggest that they can beat these 3 good teams right now...The goaltending isnt good enough, Demko has lost his franchise level goaltending (for the time being), and Martin is ok...This team needs stellar goaltending to win, and they're not getting it.

Also,they haven't shown up for their last two games..They only 'really' played in the 3rd period against OTT and MON, and thats it...Playing one period a game wont cut it.

Rutherford publicly called out the players and the coach..The team still failed to respond…They’ve run out of bullets in the chamber to get the team motivated.

They have a 2 day break in the b2b..The Buffalo game is their 3rd game in 4 nights (thats a team that embarrassed them 2 weeks ago)...I think that Bruce is out of ideas...(the likeable, funny wise cracking coach isn't there this season..his demeanour is downcast)

For the third consecutive year..we will get buried in an insurmountable pit.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Peen

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
The Hughes -Myers pairing doesnt really work from past history...The OEL-Bear pairing does..

Rathbone had a bit of a tough night in Montreal..As a young player its to be expected..It was the veteran players who were taking poor penalties, and making atrocious turnovers in our own end.

• Love
Reactions: Peen

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland

Happy bday!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad