GDT: Game #15| Feb. 15, 2013|Flyers at Devils |7:00 p.m. ET

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Can't win on the road because of match-ups and ****** coaching.

Scariest part is there were a few shifts that Devils had 4th line vs Giroux with Krys ****ing Barch on it, and still out played them.

Line up with Briere, Gervais, Foster,in them is a road nightmare for match ups.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Briere is and always has been terrible defensively and losing defensively responsible forwards hurt him.

You guys are lucky though, Schenn is a pretty solid defenceman and there's some young talent up front. Lot of damage done though by forwards struggling to pick up the trailers. Maybe it's a coaching issue?

Briere actually hasn't been bad defensively this year. He's just been a total nonfactor on even strength offense, which is bad.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I kinda want to just ride this out and have a proper coach search in offseason. Trade anyone at deadline if it makes sense, and quick re build. We have enough quality players, but this set up aint gonna work.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I kinda want to just ride this out and have a proper coach search in offseason. Trade anyone at deadline if it makes sense, and quick re build. We have enough quality players, but this set up aint gonna work.

I agree. No rash moves or firings. Not until a good replacement is lined up.

kimmofan44

Jul 20, 2011
thorndale pa

I can live with this Benny. but I really would like to hear Homer make some comment about the coaching, even if they are sugar coated round about comments I just would like to hear from him that he doesn't feel like the team is being properly coached.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I can live with this Benny. but I really would like to hear Homer make some comment about the coaching, even if they are sugar coated round about comments I just would like to hear from him that he doesn't feel like the team is being properly coached.

Yup, or Lavy calling the team out. W hen gm doesn't call coach out and coach doesn't call players out, frustrates the heck out of us fans.

kimmofan44

Jul 20, 2011
thorndale pa
does anyone think Snider and Homer are thinking about a coaching change or are they giving him a Mulligan because we lost jagr jvr and carle whilst waiting on the Weber deal?

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
Either can him or trade someone to shake **** up. I bet thy go after ROR , just not sure what they offer ?

Ehh, do we really need another center? Giroux, Schenn, Coots, Briere, Talbot, Cousins, Laughton, Holmstrom already. Read used to play C too. If we could get Perry without trading G, Coots or Schenn I'd do that but I don't see Anaheim looking to trade the way they're playing.

35NW8ING

#LaviPondHockeyFail
Apr 6, 2011
Last year I felt Lavy's system wasn't going to win anytime soon and all I heard was rookies and injuries. Now the rookie excuse has expired so injuries are the only thing left. I guess we could throw Lappy and Pronger in there for good measure.

How much longer do we have to put up watching a team with very little to no emphasis on defense? I know it's a different sport but how did all that scoring work out for Tom Brady and company? Until this team hires a coach with a solid defensive system we're going nowhere. 2010 is looking more and more like the aberration it was with each passing game.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Maybe? Dunno...

tumblr_l097nmqfep1qz4vm7

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Ehh, do we really need another center? Giroux, Schenn, Coots, Briere, Talbot, Cousins, Laughton, Holmstrom already. Read used to play C too. If we could get Perry without trading G, Coots or Schenn I'd do that but I don't see Anaheim looking to trade the way they're playing.

Don't need a CEnter, but he is the shiny piece available that is defensively responsible. Type of player we need and they will try and get IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad