GDT: Game #15| Feb. 15, 2013|Flyers at Devils |7:00 p.m. ET

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
The Flyers often can't touch other players without getting whistled, so using that strategy would be bad coaching for us. Hell, Rinaldo gets penalized for getting hit.

It depends on how you do it.

Devils play more structured taking away time and space so it kind of puts the opposing players in a position to be interfered more.

Flyers like a more open style so I guess the interference they do is more obvious.

Bruins and Rangers are both heavy with their interference and pick plays, Bruins especially. They are even worse then the Devils.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Meh...I'm not sure how much of a call out that is. He's just saying go ask the boss to comment ..what is wrong with that?

Yeah, the initial comments were very misleading. They made it sound like Bryz was blaming Lavi, when in reality he was saying "don't ask me." Which is in line with his overall media embargo this year.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
Damn, this was really disappointing. But there were both positives and negatives to this game, and I'm not really worried yet, since we're not as offensively challenged as I thought we'd be. In the third period it was amazing what a job Larsson, Zidlicky and all the other defensemen did on Simmonds and Read, though. They completely neutralized them. So that was definitely painful to watch, but at least it was good seeing Giroux pick it up a bit. Hopefully he keeps up this level of play. Voracek is also playing quite well at the moment, at least as far as creative passing is concerned, but I was hoping for Schenn to be able to bury more chances than he has so far. I think if there's one thing we're woefully lacking, it's a guy that can really finish off plays. At the moment, Read seems to be the closest to it, but even with him it's far from being a sure thing.

rtr1105

1995 • 2000 • 2003
Jan 26, 2013
New Jersey, USA
Damn, this was really disappointing. But there were both positives and negatives to this game, and I'm not really worried yet, since we're not as offensively challenged as I thought we'd be. In the third period it was amazing what a job Larsson, Zidlicky and all the other defensemen did on Simmonds and Read, though. They completely neutralized them. So that was definitely painful to watch, but at least it was good seeing Giroux pick it up a bit. Hopefully he keeps up this level of play. Voracek is also playing quite well at the moment, at least as far as creative passing is concerned, but I was hoping for Schenn to be able to bury more chances than he has so far. I think if there's one thing we're woefully lacking, it's a guy that can really finish off plays. At the moment, Read seems to be the closest to it, but even with him it's far from being a sure thing.

I'm sure you don't watch the Devils everyday, but that Zidlicky performance may be one of the only good ones you will ever see. :)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Last year I felt Lavy's system wasn't going to win anytime soon and all I heard was rookies and injuries. Now the rookie excuse has expired so injuries are the only thing left. I guess we could throw Lappy and Pronger in there for good measure.

How much longer do we have to put up watching a team with very little to no emphasis on defense? I know it's a different sport but how did all that scoring work out for Tom Brady and company? Until this team hires a coach with a solid defensive system we're going nowhere. 2010 is looking more and more like the aberration it was with each passing game.

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_team..._s&c=0+1+2+3+4+13+14+15+16+17+18+19+20+21+22#

Of course 2010 was an aberration. Especially since half the 2010 team isn't even here.

The Flyers are one of 5 teams who give up less than 2 goals per 60 at 5v5. However, they are in the upper third in the league in shorts on goal against per 60 5v5. However, your criticisms are made invalid by the evidence.

Being that you seem to have the answer, let's hear who your replacement coach is.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
It's not the fact that they lost to the best team in the East again but the way how they gave away the lead and played brutal especially in the third again.

They are not only lacking experience but also smartness and grit right now and they give away games that they could win.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_team..._s&c=0+1+2+3+4+13+14+15+16+17+18+19+20+21+22#

Of course 2010 was an aberration. Especially since half the 2010 team isn't even here.

The Flyers are one of 5 teams who give up less than 2 goals per 60 at 5v5. However, they are in the upper third in the league in shorts on goal against per 60 5v5. However, your criticisms are made invalid by the evidence.

Being that you seem to have the answer, let's hear who your replacement coach is.

I'd like to hear, too, who the Flyers would bring in as an improvement over Laviolette. And what type of system would maximize this line-up's talents.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad