GDT: Game #15| Feb. 15, 2013|Flyers at Devils |7:00 p.m. ET

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
We're 15 games in and can anyone think of more than 1 good 60 minute performance? How pathetic is that?

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
To not at least get a point tonight shows us what kind of team we have, mentally weak.

Anyone else think Talbot needs to be benched ? Tommorow I play Tostitto and Harry Z and bench any 2 forwards not names Jacob, Brayden, or Ty. Messages need To be sent.

AaronTrieu

Mar 6, 2008
This is lavys attack all the time style. Teams that capitalize on your mistakes will kill you every time like the 4th goal.

kimmofan44

Jul 20, 2011
thorndale pa
I still can't believe lavy pulled bryz with 140 and shakey possession. everyone in the post game is saying we gave it to Marty to much we need to learn from this.... when the hell are you going to learn from it?? its the same everytime you play him but you continually hand him the Puck?? if you guys and the coach see the problem then why did you keep playing it right to him???

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
This is lavys attack all the time style. Teams that capitalize on your mistakes will kill you every time like the 4th goal.

Attack all the time? I'd like us to attack for at least a few minutes every period. We're lucky if we get 5 minutes of good hockey a game. Sick and tired of it, I barely even felt disappointed tonight. It's certainly no surprise.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
To not at least get a point tonight shows us what kind of team we have, mentally weak.

Anyone else think Talbot needs to be benched ? Tommorow I play Tostitto and Harry Z and bench any 2 forwards not names Jacob, Brayden, or Ty. Messages need To be sent.

Talbot has sucked all season. Can't win board battles. Hasn't been defensively aware. I knew he wasn't going to produce offensively like last season but i didn't expect him to completely suck in all other facets of the game.

drownedsailors

Sep 25, 2010
Earth
hmmm this place is no fun when the Flyers are losing, but I guess that's with every fanbase.

Anyways, it's a shame we lost after being up 3-1 but oh well. Hopefully they crush the Habs next game.

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
Well coached teams win this game after the first period. The Devils play a team game and that is why they won. Lacy needs to do some thinking.

El Emperor

Apr 2, 2010
Woodstown, NJ
I'm leaning towards this. Even if hes a leader and a good mentor to the younger players that's not worth a 6mil cap hit. He is completely useless if he isn't putting up points.

Completely agree. And to the ppl saying he steps up in the playoffs.. need to make the playoffs first. 6.5 mil can be used for many other important needs.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004

Doing it against a team who has an extra D man in net is plain stupidity. Dump in, 2 Fwds chase puck, odd man rush other way. Combine that with 2 devil goals on awful turnovers, equals hot mess.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012

Doesn't help when an attacking style can't score either. Rare for us to get 3 in a game this season. I love lavi, but he won't adapt and I think he's about worn out his usefulness

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Timonen will likely be back very soon. It's what he does. Unfortunately, he'll be worse due to injured playing when he returns.

It's been a while since I visited this Board, but it's nice to see that you're as level-headed as you were. :cheers: (but with a good Barolo rather than the beer)

kimmofan44

Jul 20, 2011
thorndale pa
la devils penguins all fired coaches and turned it around recently.... hell that's the situation lavy came into when he took us to the finals his first year..... please Homer give this team a chance... abandon the "system" forget about the jam, buy a new coke machine and get a new coach. it might be just what this team needs.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
hmmm this place is no fun when the Flyers are losing, but I guess that's with every fanbase.

Anyways, it's a shame we lost after being up 3-1 but oh well. Hopefully they crush the Habs next game.

There is losing hard fought games, then there is pissing away points on **** efforts and coaching making a difference.

Twice this week we were awful, and we could of lost that Jets game.

GM17*

Briere is and always has been terrible defensively and losing defensively responsible forwards hurt him.

You guys are lucky though, Schenn is a pretty solid defenceman and there's some young talent up front. Lot of damage done though by forwards struggling to pick up the trailers. Maybe it's a coaching issue?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad