GDT: Game 15 - CBJ at CHI - 11 Feb, 8pm

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Had to work until about halfway through the second. Tuned in at 1-2 and watched the Jackets carry play for 10-15 minutes (real time) and be down by two. Bailed for a bit but tuned back in at intermission to see it was 2-3 and decided to stay with it. At 4-2 I bailed, headed to the bedroom to read. Got the notifications on my phone of the next two goals and was tempted, but decided maybe I was the jinx tonight since they were doing well when I wasn’t watching. Then for the 4-5 notification and figured nope it’s just Jackets being Jackets. Turned my phone off.

Turned it on this morning and I’m going to have to go back and watch!
I one went half a season without watching games (just listening to Bobby Mac) because every time I watched they lost and every time I listened they won. You know...and...turning games on they were winning and they would fall behind or games I was watching where they were losing I would turn off and they would comeback. That was such a hard season!

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I one went half a season without watching games (just listening to Bobby Mac) because every time I watched they lost and every time I listened they won. You know...and...turning games on they were winning and they would fall behind or games I was watching where they were losing I would turn off and they would comeback. That was such a hard season!
Something similar to that was how I used to reignite my passion for the team during times of depression, only it was when George Matthews was still calling games on the radio.

...g-d I miss him so much. :(

HHel

Feb 26, 2018
That line doesn't klik yet. There are some good signs (Rosie 2nd goal), but they are hanging on the puck too long and not find each other. But it will come. Torts has to keep them together. It would be nice if Cam could bury those chances, what he gets. He's been playing better.

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
It's nice to be the team that comes back from behind and scores the late goal to win, rather than the team that blows it late.

Reactions: Ippenator

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Nice win. Good to see the offense keep getting goals back to stay in the game and keep the chance for a win alive. Hopefully they can fix the defense. It seems too many times they get caught with everyone on one side of the ice leaving the backside completely open. Just need to execute better defensively. While 6-5 games are entertaining, would rather see better defense played. First time this year winning two straight in regulation, let's make it three.

This is it.. you get a view of the ice and all the jackets are on one side or they are all down low which leads to a breakaway or a cross ice back door goal. Really has puzzled me this season - we have always been an "extra man in" on the board battles or trying to get possession - I can't recall it working, and it really goes bad when it leads to easy goals against. It reminds me of watching a squirt game where the coach's are constantly yelling to keep shape, hold your possession, stay on side. Keystone cops at times.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Contrary to popular belief, Roslovic is not from Columbus. He is from Wapakoneta, which in the Shawnee language means "Home of Great Ice Warrior".

I didn't know Roslovic was from Wapak. Some of you may recognize that as the home of Neil Armstrong - 1st man to walk on the moon. I would buy a Roslo jersey but my jersey experience is not good.. will stick to my Duby Cannon for the remainder of my Jacket Seasons.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Something similar to that was how I used to reignite my passion for the team during times of depression, only it was when George Matthews was still calling games on the radio.

...g-d I miss him so much. :(
George Matthews was old school hockey.. he could really paint the picture. Loved listening to "the voice" and view him as one of the few things that Doug MacLean got right, besides the beautiful building and ice haus. The building still has a roof, but I am patiently waiting for the game where Laine gets to unleash his full talents. Maybe he shoots the cannon 4 or 5 times soon?

Reactions: Viqsi

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Ohh, a great book

Funny story. I was looking up something about "Zen" and noticed that there was a thread about Pirsig's death in 2017 on HFBoards. So I clicked it, only to find I had started it. And that there were only two replies.

Celebrity Death: - Robert Pirsig, author, "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance"

Also, my post there includes some of the info I was looking for, and which I was going to post here, so I'll just do the link instead, since it's pretty significantly off-topic.

Reactions: Monk

puckie

Jan 19, 2020
Atkinson has been looking like a different player. Our D for a defensive minded coach is not good. Dump and chase sucks and is so old school.

Several times Domi was open across the ice and several players just pushed it up and resulted in a turnover.

tchigo

Dec 13, 2019

What a game!

Cam should maybe wait a few good games before talking like this. This was a great game from him, but most of his games were poor before that one. All his assists tonight were involuntary, even if his shots were great today and offered rebounds. What a game today but consistence matters too. He has clearly a big ego, maybe this explains why Torts likes him so much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad