GDT: Game 15 - CBJ at CHI - 11 Feb, 8pm

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Oh yeah, hockey games. We play those around here, don't we? And they're in primetime rather than during daytime TV soap opera slots...

Notes and projected lineup per bluejackets.com:
Of Note
Bjorkstrand has a 4-7-11 line in the past 12 games and leads the squad on the season with those 11 points. … Laine has scored three goals in four games since arriving from Winnipeg, while fellow former Jet Roslovic has a career-long five-game point streak (2-5-7). … Jones has a three-game point streak (1-5-6). … Atkinson notched his 14th career shorthanded goal Monday, tying Rick Nash's franchise record. … Defenseman Scott Harrington (1-1-2, 2 GP) and center Kevin Stenlund (1-2-3, 3 GP) have registered points in each of their games played this season. … Columbus has scored first in 10 of 14 games, and 16 of the Jackets' 38 goals have been scored in the first period. … Columbus is 3-9-2 in its last 14 games in the United Center.
Projected Lineup
(Subject to change)

Patrik Laine - Jack Roslovic - Cam Atkinson
Max Domi - Kevin Stenlund - Oliver Bjorkstrand
Eric Robinson - Riley Nash - Nick Foligno
Mikhail Grigorenko - Boone Jenner - Alexandre Texier

Vladislav Gavrikov - Seth Jones
Scott Harrington - David Savard
Michael Del Zotto - Andrew Peeke

Joonas Korpisalo
Cam Johnson

Scratches: Dean Kukan, Gabriel Carlsson, Matiss Kivlenieks (lower body, day to day)
Injured reserve: Zach Werenski (lower body, day to day), Elvis Merzlikins (upper body, day to day), Gus Nyquist (shoulder, out 5-6 months as of November), Brandon Dubinsky (wrist, LTIR)

Roster Report: Tortorella said Wednesday that Stenlund will move up in the lineup while Peeke will make his season debut in place of Kukan, who didn't play in the last 34 minutes of Monday's game because of his struggles. Either Johnson (taxi squad) or Merzlikins will have to be recalled to the active roster to join Korpisalo.

blackhawks.nhl.com has their own preview article up.

Scoresheet links (they'll work later tonight):
Game Summary - overall game info
Event Summary - player-specific info

Highlights of the Blackhawks' last game:

Reactions: hn777

Bookker

Sep 17, 2010
I bet that 4th line is gonna play - again - less than 10 mins. :sarcasm:

Sure Texier deserves - yeah, the "merit" - this with his 14-4-4-8 record (2nd CBJ player behind Bjorky)
And also to be put at RW, a new position he never played, it will help for sure :laugh:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Appears Torts is using the line-o-matic before games now. Yikes. Luckily the lines will change many times throughout the game.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Well lineup roulette is spinning. Have to wake up and watch how this one Ford. If Lankinen in the net its going to be hard one

Reactions: wahsnairb

m0rkoli

Jan 3, 2019
GAAAAME NIGHT!!!!!!!!!

Excited to see Stenlund play, never saw him playing that I remember.

Laine might be good today, or maybe average or maybe even poor.

Maybe a goal incoming, or maybe not..

The End

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Tell us more about this "merit," Torts (last three games at 5v5):
upload_2021-2-11_11-22-57.png

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
Well lineup roulette is spinning. Have to wake up and watch how this one Ford. If Lankinen in the net its going to be hard one

Lankinen should be back for us. He wasn’t even dressed last game so he could rest.

These are obviously my favorite games as a Hawks fan in Columbus. Hoping for a fast game with no drama.

60ntheville

Feb 2, 2021
Granville Oh
I for one am excited to see how we come out tonight after that drama and two days of hopefully good practices! Well that’s my positive spin at least! Oh and peekes in! Nice!

Last edited:

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Tell us more about this "merit," Torts (last three games at 5v5):
View attachment 395118

To this I would say again that lineup decisions in this compressed season are likely to be impacted much more by "keeping fresh legs" than is typical. He has a taxi squad, why not use it.

Is the difference between Harrington and Kukan really as dramatic as those corsi numbers suggest? I dunno.

Reactions: Viqsi

WeAreSoPucked

Jan 15, 2021
Hawk fan in peace ...
Yeah ... scoping out yer GDT. ;-)
Hey's it's only a game right?
Just thankful even have one these, "interesting times" ...
Here's to a good tilt, lots of highlight reel plays, & everybody gets on the bus same shape he got off it.

PS: Long time Torts guy fwiw ... ;-)

Last edited:

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010

So they join Toews and Dach out (obviously).

Hawks have Debrincat back and now Boqvist and Wallmark have been removed from COVID protocol and should slot in.

Reactions: hn777

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Chi has been better what expected. Last 2games against them was maybe the most boring games i have seen lately. Hopefully this one has more electricity. Prediction 2-2
Goals Roslovic and Jones. Laine 0+2

Bookker

Sep 17, 2010
I guess Tex will be a healthy scratch next game...
Merit and developing young talent, they said :nod:

PLD is gone, Bemström is scratched, Foudy now... Texier is next :naughty:
We haven't seen Peeke neither (we'll see if he can stays here)

Reactions: tchigo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad