GDT: Game 15 - CBJ at CHI - 11 Feb, 8pm

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Funny that Laine is getting roasted here , has 5G and 2a in 6 games ... PLD 7games played 1g and 0 assist for 1 point

Roslovic 8games 4g 5a..9 points
Torts wants from Patrik not only attacking play/ shots from his position, but on theall ice, and not only simulate the game in defense. This is a completely different system than in Winnipeg, more defensive, not Roslovic neither Atkinson are playmakers. And inspite of it he has very good stats, 3+1in 5 gams in Columbus. Well, it's important to me that Torts released it in the last seconds, there were two pairs, Atkinson-Foligno and Laine-Jenner. So, he trusted him precisely in defensive actions.
Jack is excelent.
So I im interested as PLD, Winnipeg plays more offensive hockey.

Last edited:
Reactions: mattihp

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
With Dallas losing in regulation today, they are barely ahead of us percentage wise, so let’s root for Dallas opponents. Carolina, Florida and Tampa look untouchable right now

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
I don’t think Nash or Grigorenko have looked good, or deserve to be playing.

Change my mind.

Also maybe Atkinson read my posts here bitching about him, he’s looked much better.
Much rather see Bemstrom and see if we can get him going. Foudy too but the kid has almost no finish

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I don’t think Nash or Grigorenko have looked good, or deserve to be playing.

Change my mind.

Also maybe Atkinson read my posts here bitching about him, he’s looked much better.
Grigorenko played 9 minutes, didn’t register any minus, got a couple hits. He was fine for the amount of ice time given

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Texier hasn’t scored in 8 games. Played 9 and 11 minutes in the last two games. Looks like Torts moved on from him being in the top 6.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Texier hasn’t scored in 8 games. Played 9 and 11 minutes in the last two games. Looks like Torts moved on from him being in the top 6.

Texier almost scored a solo goal and had a couple of other moments. Not much though.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
I thought he looked good at times tonight, being put on the 4th line woke him up but he also had some strange gaffes in the middle of the ice. He actually almost scored on a wrap around attempt early in the game that just missed. Torts went with him, Foligno and Jenner late and they had that great shift to tie the game as well.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Cam Atkinson to HFBoards: "STFU!"

Yeah.

Though Cam should really start capitalizing on those grade A chances he gets from Laine.

Obviously no real complaints after 1+3 or what ever he had.

Well, that suicide over commitment to forecheck as the 3rd man was not very brilliant and did lead to counter attack that did lead to goal against even though in the end Atkinson was able to make the situation 2 vs 3. All the 3 jackets went to Keith(?) and the young guy was all alone scoring his first NHL goal.

Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
Still need to understand who is doing what but that was a cool game and Roslo seems to have something to prove, really like his game. Atkinson the same. I thought this team had issues scoring? Korpi seems like a good goalie.

Laine had a decent game, but you can just feel the moments when he is holding the puck for too long trying to make the maximum difficulty play causing a turnover. Hands and head don't seem to be there yet completely but need to keep in mind that he is not yet a finished product plus it just takes time to get acclimated. You will get crisp passing-plays every game and usually Laine buries that grade-A chance he got. On the PP you can just prop his corpse up with a stick and he will create space for others. This time however he wasn't even needed.

I like where this team is headed (Jarmo is a genius). Good stuff.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Nice win. Good to see the offense keep getting goals back to stay in the game and keep the chance for a win alive. Hopefully they can fix the defense. It seems too many times they get caught with everyone on one side of the ice leaving the backside completely open. Just need to execute better defensively. While 6-5 games are entertaining, would rather see better defense played. First time this year winning two straight in regulation, let's make it three.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Had to work until about halfway through the second. Tuned in at 1-2 and watched the Jackets carry play for 10-15 minutes (real time) and be down by two. Bailed for a bit but tuned back in at intermission to see it was 2-3 and decided to stay with it. At 4-2 I bailed, headed to the bedroom to read. Got the notifications on my phone of the next two goals and was tempted, but decided maybe I was the jinx tonight since they were doing well when I wasn’t watching. Then for the 4-5 notification and figured nope it’s just Jackets being Jackets. Turned my phone off.

Turned it on this morning and I’m going to have to go back and watch!

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

Hes a potential healthy scratch candidate. He’s done nothing for a while. I hope he isn’t scratched, because I’d rather him play out of it, but you know torts

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Missed last two periods...obvious to me Torts is now an offensive system genius and needs to work on the D.

Reactions: ReggieRed

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Had to work until about halfway through the second. Tuned in at 1-2 and watched the Jackets carry play for 10-15 minutes (real time) and be down by two. Bailed for a bit but tuned back in at intermission to see it was 2-3 and decided to stay with it. At 4-2 I bailed, headed to the bedroom to read. Got the notifications on my phone of the next two goals and was tempted, but decided maybe I was the jinx tonight since they were doing well when I wasn’t watching. Then for the 4-5 notification and figured nope it’s just Jackets being Jackets. Turned my phone off.

Turned it on this morning and I’m going to have to go back and watch!

Whatcha reading?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad