GDT: Game 14: Coyotes @ Predators | 2-14-13 | 6PM

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009

valentines-day.jpg

It's more than just a holiday.

It's about showing how much you truly love someone.

marriage-proposing-2011-9-13-6-55-31.jpg

Because buying gifts for him/her on their birthday or Christmas is never enough.

Oh who am I kidding? Valentines Day is really more of a day where couples go above and beyond to say how much they really love each other.

Romantic-Dinner-Date.jpg

In order to............

Not having their lover end up leaving them for someone else.

extralarge.png
[size=+2]@[/size]
extralarge.png

PHOENIX COYOTES (6-5-2) vs NASHVILLE ****IES (6-3-4)

Game 14 at the Bridgestone Arena, Nashville TN

Arena1.jpg

TV Coverage (Fox Sports Arizona)
Radio Coverage(XTRA SPORTS 910AM)

[fieldset=Head-to-Head Stats]

STATS | PREDATORS | COYOTES
POWER PLAY | 14.6% | 19.2%
PENALTY KILL | 84% | 84.3%
GOALS/GAME | 1.77 | 2.62
GOALS AGAINST/GAME | 1.77 | 2.62
FACE OFF WIN PERCENTAGE | 52 | 51.3
SHOTS/GAME | 21.4 | 31.5
SHOTS AGAINST/GAME | 28.2 | 27.9

NOTE: All lines are subject to change.

255_240x240_Front_Color-Galaxy.jpg

Left Wing
|
Center​
|
Right Wing​
Wilson​
|
Fisher​
|
Erat​
Borque​
|
Legwand​
|
TBD​
Clune​
|
Gaustad​
|
Yip​
Kostitsyn​
|
Spaling​
|
Smith​

Left Defenseman
|
Right Defenseman
Josi​
|
Weber​
Gill​
|
Klein​
Hanna​
|
Ellis​

Goalie​
Rinne​

az_feed_coyotes_012013_275x203_2327468388.jpg

Left Wing
|
Center​
|
Right Wing​
Steve Sullivan​
|
Antonie Vermette​
|
Shane Doan (C)
Mikkel Boedker​
|
Martin Hanzal(A)
|
Radim Vrbata​
Lauri Korpikoski​
|
Boyd Gordon​
|
David Moss​
Raffi Torres​
|
Kyle Chipchura​
|
Nick Johnson​

Left Defenseman
|
Right Defenseman
Oliver Ekman-Larsson​
|
Zbynek Michalek​
Keith Yandle (A)
|
Derek Morris​
Rostislav Klesla​
|
Michael Stone​

Goalie​
Mike Smith​

TODAYS GAME DAY THREAD IS:

coyotes-paw-patrol-_PS_0086.jpg

PAW PATROL APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY, EVERYONE!

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I love the Paw Patrol. Valentine's Day sucks! Hell, I did something amazing for my girl, and it's never returned with something amazing for you at some point. Girls are crazy, and I hate the society norm where guys are expected to do something for the ladies, etc. Give me a break. Cue the "single forever" crap, but I'm a romantic, and I don't get the same kind of effort in return, ever. It's BS.

Besides that, let's continue our dominance against the Preds! This is a stretch of schedule where we should roll some victories together, and hopefully gain some points in the standings! Couple days rest, I like our chances tomorrow.

MP

Feb 8, 2008
First V-day as a bachelor in several years. I'm not saying there's no upside to long-term relationships, but then again I couldn't rightly say that there's no upside to totalitarianism. Freedom has its virtues.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Many, many men have told me not to get married haha. So I am in no rush at all. Career first, ladies later. One thing i do like doing on valentines day though is surprising one girl that would really not expect it. Like give her roses anonymously. Anyways, I just totally contradicted myself.

Let's get a W boys.

Rutkowski

Jul 13, 2012
Uppsala, Sweden
I don't celebrate valentine's day(or practically any holiday) but it's our ten-year anniversary so I celebrated that by...

...drilling in two teeths without anesthesia. Yay?

zz

Nov 1, 2006
I love the Paw Patrol. Valentine's Day sucks! Hell, I did something amazing for my girl, and it's never returned with something amazing for you at some point. Girls are crazy, and I hate the society norm where guys are expected to do something for the ladies, etc. Give me a break. Cue the "single forever" crap, but I'm a romantic, and I don't get the same kind of effort in return, ever. It's BS.

Doesn't have to be that way. Maybe it's time for a change??

Alright, very curious to see whether the past 3 games were an indicator of our true value as a team, or just a bad stretch.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

Besides that, let's continue our dominance against the Preds! This is a stretch of schedule where we should roll some victories together, and hopefully gain some points in the standings! Couple days rest, I like our chances tomorrow.

Do NOT go all out for the next one. That's your problem. Set the CORRECT expectations.

I'm calling a Keith Yandle hattrick tonight.

1. Terrible, awful, Pejorative Slured turn over where he passes straight into the shins of Martin Erat in the offensive zone, who rushes it the other way for a Radim Vrbata special that beats Smith high.

2. Makes a miraculous toe save for Mike Smith who is totally out of position and completely saves a goal against, single-handedly. Calls it "even".

3. Scores a breathtaking highlight reel end to end goal. Comes out a net "plus", after all is said and done. Tippett doesn't know whether to kiss him or slap him.

Keith Yandle hat trick.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
First V-day as a bachelor in several years. I'm not saying there's no upside to long-term relationships, but then again I couldn't rightly say that there's no upside to totalitarianism. Freedom has its virtues.

I prefer the single life over losing any freedom unless she is rich and no prenup.:naughty:

What can I say? I have discriminating tastes.

knowsthegame

Mar 18, 2008
Tale of 2 NHL cities
Do NOT go all out for the next one. That's your problem. Set the CORRECT expectations.

I'm calling a Keith Yandle hattrick tonight.

1. Terrible, awful, Pejorative Slured turn over where he passes straight into the shins of Martin Erat in the offensive zone, who rushes it the other way for a Radim Vrbata special that beats Smith high.

2. Makes a miraculous toe save for Mike Smith who is totally out of position and completely saves a goal against, single-handedly. Calls it "even".

3. Scores a breathtaking highlight reel end to end goal. Comes out a net "plus", after all is said and done. Tippett doesn't know whether to kiss him or slap him.

Keith Yandle hat trick.
How many Keith Yandle hat tricks before Tippet decides to slap him silly. What is Yandle's hockey I.Q? Does the same crap over and over again. Trade him for O'Reilly already.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City

I was in an Olive Garden yesterday and noticed a man with a big ol' ash mark on his forehead... and I thought "great week for single people - your annual reminder that you'll die someday (Ash Wednesday) immediately followed by the annual reminder that you'll probably be dying alone"

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
awfulwaffle, I think it is time you remedy that situation of yours. My lady and I both realise how useless V-day is. You don't need a specific day to be able to show you care. Honestly, the GF hates this "holiday" more than I do.

I feel like we will lose tonight. Yes, we will lose for sure tonight.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
How many Keith Yandle hat tricks before Tippet decides to slap him silly. What is Yandle's hockey I.Q? Does the same crap over and over again. Trade him for O'Reilly already.

I believe Yandle had a hard time keeping up in Community College, so... yeah.

az archer

Feb 11, 2013
Florence
How about instead of Valentines, celebrating Arizona's 101st birthday?

A W would be a great b-day present, Yotes. Just saying.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
This is a stretch of schedule where we should roll some victories together

It always boggles my mind when a Coyote fan on this site thinks the Coyotes should beat specific teams.

I'm assuming your comment wasn't targeting the Preds because saying a team should beat the Preds is akin to any team thinking they 'should' beat the Coyotes.

Have you forgotten their record against the Blue Jackets last season? Coyotes 'should' have beat them every game last season....however.

It's easy to tell when the players themselves buy into their own hype, or the sob story of another team (like the poor Avalanche and their injuries just a few days ago).

The only 'should' which applies to the Coyotes, is they should listen to Tippett, especially when he warns of 'trap' games

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
It always boggles my mind when a Coyote fan on this site thinks the Coyotes should beat specific teams.

I'm assuming your comment wasn't targeting the Preds because saying a team should beat the Preds is akin to any team thinking they 'should' beat the Coyotes.

Have you forgotten their record against the Blue Jackets last season? Coyotes 'should' have beat them every game last season....however.

It's easy to tell when the players themselves buy into their own hype, or the sob story of another team (like the poor Avalanche and their injuries just a few days ago).

The only 'should' which applies to the Coyotes, is they should listen to Tippett, especially when he warns of 'trap' games

That's not true about the BJs. Everyone knows that Maloney and Howson had an agreement that the BJs would trade with the Coyotes if they cut them some slack on the ice. C'mon how else were the Coyotes going to get players like Klesla and Vermette for cheap

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX

If we play our style of hockey, we should get quite a few points out of this stretch. We handled the Preds in the playoffs quite well, and we also took them to town earlier this season. I know that no team is a given victory, but we have shown we can beat them, and I expect that team that can to show up every night.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Doesn't have to be that way. Maybe it's time for a change??

Alright, very curious to see whether the past 3 games were an indicator of our true value as a team, or just a bad stretch.

Past 3 games? you mean the 4 out of a possible 6 points?

I'm not gonna say they played great, it was for the most part the opposite. But that's been the hallmark of the Dave Tippet Coyotes for the last 14 months or so. Look like crap, win anyway.

Coyotes have been steadily increasing in the points % standings since the rough start; while not playing very well at all. If they can even manage to play halfway decently this is a playoff team, probably a 6-7-8.

Mike Smith getting on track alone is probably enough to do that.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
Yes, it's nice to see Smith playing at the level he's capable of, but we didn't deserve the past 2 wins. Blackhawks, Sharks and Avs played better; our offense has been horrible.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
That's not true about the BJs. Everyone knows that Maloney and Howson had an agreement that the BJs would trade with the Coyotes if they cut them some slack on the ice. C'mon how else were the Coyotes going to get players like Klesla and Vermette for cheap

I don't know how I could have possibly not realized that;)

If we play our style of hockey, we should get quite a few points out of this stretch.

I like that much better, however that's a big IF, and one I hope the Coyotes remember.

The coach across the ice tonight should be considered one of the best coaches in the last 20 years. It's too bad over the years their GM has failed to recognize that marquee names are of little value to a Barry Trotz team. Imagine what kind of team the Preds would have if they had not mortgaged so much to acquire Forsberg, Tkachuk, Zhitnik...etc...Their GM would have benefitted from salary restraints, much like GMDM has.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad