GDT: Game 14: Coyotes @ Predators | 2-14-13 | 6PM

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Dave Tippett is swooning over Boedker. He is on pace for 24 minutes of ice time. :laugh:

Should have given OEL - Rundblad more than two shifts IMO.

Last I looked Boeds is leading the team forwards in TOI so far this short season.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
The wi-fi at my work is terrible. Havent even been able to watch this game :rant:

and preds score....

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Where'd the offense go? They went from 3.5 goals a game to now struggling.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
As much as the lack of top end scoring hurts, also our lack of any offensive threat at all from the bottom 2 lines is killing us right now.

Moss has cooled off significantly.
Chip and Gordon are never going to contribute reliably.
The fact that Bissonette is playing in 50% of the games is awful.
Bolduc contributed no points in his 7 games.
Torres hasn't found a rhythm or a good line combination yet.

That's way too many guys in the forward lines that are not a threat at all right now.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
Where'd the offense go? They went from 3.5 goals a game to now struggling.

My guess is the first 10 games were no indication of actual performance, more like pre-season. Now that everyone's up to speed, we're seeing what we're actually worth. Hanzal, Boedker, Vrbata are our only talented, NHL-level, top-6 forwards. We've got a decent checking lines. But our top line is nonexistent.

The good news is our goaltending and D are well oiled and looking pretty good. But we need some changes up front. A trade would be welcome.

Vip

Jul 25, 2010
I think i'm going to change my avatar until Vermette wants to start scoring or something.

az archer

Feb 11, 2013
Florence
I don't know if you're being serious, but he did not impress me one bit.

What happened to Johnson?

Hardly, lol

I'd just as soon as sacrifice a chicken to some voodoo gods to solve our offensive woes. Nothing else seems to be working.

Vip

Jul 25, 2010
Damn. Sully has been playing like a superstar tonight.

So has Rinne

Redcoyote

Hungry
Mar 21, 2009
This was not our night.

If nothing else Lombo played well enough to let us keep Gordon on the 4th line. That in itself improves the offense.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Early in the season we were just shooting on net whenever we had a chance and if you look at SOG, we were averaging over 35 SOG, now I believe that we've fallen below 30 SOG per game. We're just not shooting when we've got an opportunity, we're trying to make that one extra pass or extra maneuver before we shoot.

Like we tell the kids, a shot is never a bad thing...I was praising Vermette early in the season, but his offense has dried up and we've got absolutely nothing from the 3rd and 4th lines.

Lombardi does offer a dynamic that other teams have to contend with because of his speed and therefore he creates space for teammates who can then take advantage. Can't wait for his return and put him on the wing with Boedker and Vermette. Move Hanzal up with Doan and Sullivan.

az archer

Feb 11, 2013
Florence
Gosh, looks like there might be more to my bad joke than I thought. Does this mean I should start shopping around for live chickens too?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad