Post-Game Talk: GAME # 14 - Blues def. Canucks: 4-3 (SO) (Kesler, Henrik, Raymond)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankiedarling

Jan 27, 2012
Seattle, Washington
I'm honestly a little surprised at the reaction here. We lost in a freaking shootout. So the **** what?

We dominated the first period. Got put on our heels a bit in the second, but the Blues never actually *did* anything. They just chipped and dumped and chased the whole damn time. I never saw a grade-A scoring chance from them that whole time (save the single goal, obviously). We kept them to the perimeter. Then we dominated them in the third, completely. Ran them over, extended zone time with chance after chance after chance, and finally tied it up in the last five minutes.

THEN we dominated them in overtime, generated a ton of shots and some really nice opportunities.

I came out of this game pumped. If we played like this every night, we'd be legitimate cup contenders. I could care less about the ****ing shootout.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
We seem to lose the ''playoff like'' games. That's not a good sign. Feasting on our terrible division isn't enough for me. I want to see us win the gritty, physical, tight checking games but I won't hold my breath.

They didn't lose. They tied. And dominated tghe 3rd period and overtime against one of the best teams in the league.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
what happen to sbet1998 post it disappear......seem like trolling and attacking this board when the Blues also dives too......

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I love sbet1998 post when roberto gets run over, and no call.

Kesler gets headshotted and im sure that was more diving.

Honestly i thought that shot on kesler should be reviewable by the league. Elbow and forearm hit right to the head.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011

Honestly i thought that shot on kesler should be reviewable by the league. Elbow and forearm hit right to the head.

I also agree with this. Kesler was pretty low down as he was coming in, but it looked like he intentionally hit his head into the boards.

I sure hope we don't have to play the Blues in the playoffs. It's quite obvious that they are going to try to injure our players in order to win.

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver

Dude, Luongo OBVIOUSLY ran into Backes; we should be glad we didn't get a penalty out of that! And Kesler should have taken that elbow like a REAL man!

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
A lot this year have been over the top, yes. Wouldn't say biased though, just same standards that people use for Luongo.

This game we established even if the goalie can't see the shot its still a bad goal. We have also established that its a bad rebound even if the puck doesn't hit the goalie. Laughable I know.

That's why goalies are taught to play positionally. Luongo left too much room on the short side.

And what you described there is bias. Even it is to make things "fair". I don't think you know what bias actually means.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Kesler is drawing penalties again and that's awesome. Last year he wouldn't have gotten **** after those dirty plays against them.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Careful! He might come back and talk about how all of Vancouver riots everyday! :laugh:
btw i'm having a riot party on my block tomorrow. we're going to light an old chevy on fire and roast mash-mellows and make BBQ and stuff

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
Probably the most "on the edge of my seat" I've been watching a game this season.

Almost had a heart attack when Burrows got that breakaway in OT.

Tough loss, what can you do.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
This is what i dont get about roberto fans thinking he has it way harder then schneider, he has way more defenders and thus they also go out of there way to run schneider into the ground. He won a gold medal for canada, he has legions of support for life.

Check fridays thread, roberto is not seeing a fraction of complaints schneider did. Not even close imo.

Rightfully so. Schneider's performance on Friday was much worse than Luongo's tonight. Schneider let in two bad goals that you can't pin on anyone else. That was his second worst game of the season, between the Ducks game and the Sharks game. Even Schneider admitted that he can't spot them two goals like that.

One tonight came off a rebound off the post, and another on a screen that should have been cleared. The first goal was a rebound off of Luongo's leg, but the man should have been cleared instead of being allowed to pick up the rebound.

I'd pin this game more on mediocre defensive play rather than directly on Luongo, although this was his worst start of the season. I'd say Schneider has at least 3, maybe 4 starts this season that were worse than the game Luongo played tonight.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
That game could have been alot worse though.

Disappointed in Lu but it just wasn't his night.

Really I thought this game should have been better then it was, I think were more dominate most of the game. The blues also had some nice puck luck, and we had our chances and fanned on half of them.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
How is AV supposed to get them ready? Why do people just blame every loss on the player -or coach- or GM that they cant stand.

How about this. Blues trapped us into the ice. They played an excellent road game. We STILL almost won. Lui played a tough shoot out. He was great in other shoot outs this year. Cant be great all the time.

Lets move on.
Lu wasn't good tonight. Period.

I just can't understand people who don't see the correlation between constantly blowing leads every game, playing half games and the coaching staff.

Its obvious they don't get us ready to play.

Against playoff competition we are 2-3-3 this year. So basically. Unless our goaltending is spectacular, we are going to lose.

This team is way to good to have to rely on our goaltending to win us games.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Rightfully so. Schneider's performance on Friday was much worse than Luongo's tonight. Schneider let in two bad goals that you can't pin on anyone else. That was his second worst game of the season, between the Ducks game and the Sharks game. Even Schneider admitted that he can't spot them two goals like that.

One tonight came off a rebound off the post, and another on a screen that should have been cleared. The first goal was a rebound off of Luongo's leg, but the man should have been cleared instead of being allowed to pick up the rebound.

I'd pin this game more on mediocre defensive play rather than directly on Luongo, although this was his worst start of the season. I'd say Schneider has at least 3, maybe 4 starts this season that were worse than the game Luongo played tonight.

Hammer I dont take anything you say serious regarding roberto or schneider, you notoriously hate schneider, and its amazing to me y2k gets more flack then you. You were all over fridays thread with hal9000, and even before that trying to stir the pot about schneiders agent comments actually coming from schneider.

Just unreal.

And by the way, roberto did not have a great game, and cory played poor, I am simply responding to y2k claiming schneider gets let off the hook unlike roberto, which could not be further from the truth.

Last edited:

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
The Canucks were clearly the better team in 2 of 3 periods. Encouraging against a strong Blues team.

Garrison's best game as a Canuck IMO. Looked big, assertive and reliable - more like the player he was in Florida.

Kassian likely starts the next game on the 4th line. Worst Canuck right now.

Ballsy fight by Volpatti. Reaves is a killer.

Another one of those games by Edler which make you question whether or not he takes the next step. Poor decision making all night.

Good 1st period for Schroeder than faded as the game went on.

Luongo was outplayed by Allen and that was the difference tonight. I expect to see Schneider in next game.

Saw it the same way. Except for Edler bit. He's playing the top lines out there and still generating, that has to be weighed in.

The second period was just ugly as far as generating offends. That can happen to team relying on depth scorin from primarily 2way forwards. When the work rate evens out, it's tough to get things going.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
This team is way to good to have to rely on our goaltending to win us games.

Not without Kesler it's not.

The Canucks deserved to win their last 2 games and lost them both because their goaltender was outplayed.

The Canucks were prepared to play tonight and looked excellent out of the gate...

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
For the record, I don't like the one Burrows dive, and the first Kesler call. Dives. But then I didn't like the non call on Backes. Have to clean that crap up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad