Post-Game Talk: GAME # 14 - Blues def. Canucks: 4-3 (SO) (Kesler, Henrik, Raymond)

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Bender*

I'm hard on Schneider because of the stupid levels people have for Luongo. You can read in this very thread people blaming Luongo for this loss, so why not treat Schneider by the same standard?? Start treating Luongo fairly and I guarantee Schneider will get fair treatment!

So you are basically just admitting that all your comments about Schneider are biased and unfair?

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
The Canucks are developing a new identity as a team. They are learning their way. I hope they develop a killer instinct. They aren't battling very hard when holding the lead.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Gambler's fallacy 101. Not saying that what you described isn't happening (I would agree it is), but there's no causal relationship.
Fair point. If they keep playing this way, though, they'll be putting up the wins more often than not.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
I'm hard on Schneider because of the stupid levels people have for Luongo. You can read in this very thread people blaming Luongo for this loss, so why not treat Schneider by the same standard?? Start treating Luongo fairly and I guarantee Schneider will get fair treatment!

You think either goalie is going to get a fair shake? People have their favorites and nitpick BOTH of them and it just degrades the conversation.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
I don't expect him to score every game, but I do expect him to be very physical every game. More often than not, the games go long stretches where I don't even notice him on the ice at all.

Not good enough.

Hate to be hard on Kassian but he was the one who missed coverage on the first Stl goal. Tanev saw Kassian beside the Blue so left him to go to the second guy. Unfortuately Kassian followed Tanev. Tanev recognized quickly but it was too late. I worry if Kassian has to many more games like the last two he won't be playing in May. When Booth comes back it will be fourth line for him. With Wiese and Volpatti playing well if Kassian is not more consistent he might be the odd man out. Which is unbelievable for a player who was the Canucks best forward for the first 8-10 games.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
counter-proposal: lets just ignore the self-admitted hypocrite instead.

John Bender*

I'l guess he will play on tuesday.

I am sure he will **** himself up somehow before Tuesday. The guy is always injured. I don't mind him as a player, but he has been hurt more than he has played since he was acquired. Prior to that in FLA he was always injured too.

Get someone durable. You know this guy would never last a full playoff run.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
So you are basically just admitting that all your comments about Schneider are biased and unfair?

A lot this year have been over the top, yes. Wouldn't say biased though, just same standards that people use for Luongo.

This game we established even if the goalie can't see the shot its still a bad goal. We have also established that its a bad rebound even if the puck doesn't hit the goalie. Laughable I know.

Wizeman*

Luongo with a sub-par preformence tonight, but again AV is unable to get us prepared to play a full 60 minutes.

And he blew it in the Shootout.

How is AV supposed to get them ready? Why do people just blame every loss on the player -or coach- or GM that they cant stand.

How about this. Blues trapped us into the ice. They played an excellent road game. We STILL almost won. Lui played a tough shoot out. He was great in other shoot outs this year. Cant be great all the time.

Lets move on.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Fair point. If they keep playing this way, though, they'll be putting up the wins more often than not.

Agreed. But most fans seem utterly unable to separate process from results (Marc Crawford was really bad at this, making him something of a fan), so I wouldn't expect them to be patient when it doesn't go their way in a sample size of one. :laugh: Of course, this phenomenon also ends up leading people to celebrate the team's play after a shootout win and lament it after a shootout loss, even though the team played to a tie in both cases.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012

This is what i dont get about roberto fans thinking he has it way harder then schneider, he has way more defenders and thus they also go out of there way to run schneider into the ground. He won a gold medal for canada, he has legions of support for life.

Check fridays thread, roberto is not seeing a fraction of complaints schneider did. Not even close imo.

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
How is AV supposed to get them ready? Why do people just blame every loss on the player -or coach- or GM that they cant stand.

How about this. Blues trapped us into the ice. They played an excellent road game. We STILL almost won. Lui played a tough shoot out. He was great in other shoot outs this year. Cant be great all the time.

Lets move on.

Agreed. Not enough people giving the Blues credit here.

John Bender*

Hate to be hard on Kassian but he was the one who missed coverage on the first Stl goal. Tanev saw Kassian beside the Blue so left him to go to the second guy. Unfortuately Kassian followed Tanev. Tanev recognized quickly but it was too late. I worry if Kassian has to many more games like the last two he won't be playing in May. When Booth comes back it will be fourth line for him. With Wiese and Volpatti playing well if Kassian is not more consistent he might be the odd man out. Which is unbelievable for a player who was the Canucks best forward for the first 8-10 games.

The thing with Kassian is that I don't think he will ever thrive playing with Weiss, Patti, or players of that ilk. His most success has been playing with the twins - though that could probably be said for most players.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012

Lets move on.

Were not going to go far with that attitude, we looked awful in the 2nd, that was not just st. louis playing well.

We could not complete a pass, had multiple giveaways, we barely won a faceoff.

And av felt simply the blues played well, and there was nothing the canucks could do. The coach cant make them play better, but he sets the bar for expectations to.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
The Canucks were clearly the better team in 2 of 3 periods. Encouraging against a strong Blues team.

Garrison's best game as a Canuck IMO. Looked big, assertive and reliable - more like the player he was in Florida.

Kassian likely starts the next game on the 4th line. Worst Canuck right now.

Ballsy fight by Volpatti. Reaves is a killer.

Another one of those games by Edler which make you question whether or not he takes the next step. Poor decision making all night.

Good 1st period for Schroeder than faded as the game went on.

Luongo was outplayed by Allen and that was the difference tonight. I expect to see Schneider in next game.

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
We seem to lose the ''playoff like'' games. That's not a good sign. Feasting on our terrible division isn't enough for me. I want to see us win the gritty, physical, tight checking games but I won't hold my breath.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Agreed. But most fans seem utterly unable to separate process from results (Marc Crawford was really bad at this, making him something of a fan), so I wouldn't expect them to be patient when it doesn't go their way in a sample size of one. :laugh: Of course, this phenomenon also ends up leading people to celebrate the team's play after a shootout win and lament it after a shootout loss, even though the team played to a tie in both cases.

For sure. Mostly, I was trying to be a voice of reason and talk a few people away from the ledge.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
We seem to lose the ''playoff like'' games. That's not a good sign. Feasting on our terrible division isn't enough for me. I want to see us win the gritty, physical, tight checking games but I won't hold my breath.
'Playoff-like games' don't end in the shoot out. We were dominant over the Blues in every period but the second. Blues couldn't sustain their game at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad