Post-Game Talk: GAME # 14 - Blues def. Canucks: 4-3 (SO) (Kesler, Henrik, Raymond)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenMaster*

Raymond, Hansen, Schroeder are major burners out on the ice, their fore check is like 3 incoming missiles targeted on the puck.

When Booth enters the line-up and when Kesler returns to form, this may be one of the fastest teams in the league.

Not to mention Weise is officially crowned as Canucks fastest skater.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Anyone claiming that Kesler dove (especially those from other teams) is flat out trolling or just plain looking for something to whine about.

Burrs was a dive I believe.

Stewart embellished on Hamhuis penalty. Backes dove in OT and and there was another dive by a Blue in OT in the last minute on a rush. Didnt see the name.

But apparently it's the Canucks that are diving,

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Raymond, Hansen, Schroeder are major burners out on the ice, their fore check is like 3 incoming missiles targeted on the puck.

When Booth enters the line-up and when Kesler returns to form, this may be one of the fastest teams in the league.

Yeah, I was impressed with the 3rd line again. I'm even happier than Raymond is shooting very well this season.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
The second one is the one I'm referencing, got a bit confused there, and I think launched himself.

All teams dive. As long as it isn't as over the top and dramatic and incredibly noticeable as before, then I don't have that much of a problem with it because all teams do it. He embellished a bit on that 2nd boarding, but it was still a boarding. The Blues dived tonight too. Why didn't you bring that up? All teams do it. The only reason people raged over the Canucks doing it is because kesler's dives in the past (especially vs the Kings) were so incredibly comical that it was obvious to everyone that it was a dive. The best divers/embellishers are the ones that you can't tell are diving.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Anyone claiming that Kesler dove (especially those from other teams) is flat out trolling or just plain looking for something to whine about.

Burrs was a dive I believe.

Stewart embellished on Hamhuis penalty. Backes dove in OT and and there was another dive by a Blue in OT in the last minute on a rush. Didnt see the name.

But apparently it's the Canucks that are diving,

Kesler embellished that call. It's not about the blues also doing it, they clearly do. It's about having a known offender on the team continue to do it when he's only got so much leeway from he refs left. He needs to stop.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Hammer I dont take anything you say serious regarding roberto or schneider, you notoriously hate schneider, and its amazing to me y2k gets more flack then you. You were all over fridays thread with hal9000, and even before that trying to stir the pot about schneiders agent comments actually coming from schneider.

Just unreal.

And by the way, roberto did not have a great game, and cory played poor, I am simply responding to y2k claiming schneider gets let off the hook unlike roberto, which could not be further from the truth.

I don't hate Schneider, that's quite an exaggeration. I like Luongo obviously, and I do think that Schneider has gotten a free ride from much of the fanbase ever since last year's playoffs especially. I thought it was too risky to anoint him as the #1 with so little playoff experience and only 68 reg season games under his belt while never carrying the starter's load.

As for the agent's comments, I still can't believe that you think that Schneider himself disagrees with that viewpoint. Do you actually think his agent went rogue on him? Come on... He was growing impatient with his playing time after Luongo got consecutive starts, and his agent went to bat for him by complaining to the media.

As for tonight, yes I'm sure Luongo wants that shoot-out back. However, there aren't any shootouts in the playoffs, it's just a gimmick to award the extra point, which is why I don't take them that seriously.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Can you explain how a team isnt ready to play the full game? How do you coach that? Explain to the rest of us how that works.

Then explain how the team dominated the 3rd period . According to your theory they are 'coached' to quit on the spot.

I just cant do this. Im sorry but your point is ridiculous . Feel free to keep moaning about it somehow but it insults my intelligence.

When this team has a habit and a long history of choking and throwing away leads. I don't think that it is just "bounces".

Bounces played a key tonight, but this has been an issue all season and then some. The common theme is unless we get great goaltending, we lose. Our team is way too good to have that happening.

Wizeman*

Do you honestly think I thought Kesler tried to ram his OWN head into the boards? I was talking about the Blues' player. Maybe you should work on your own thought process.

No you weren't . I quoted you directly. Dont try to spin your way out if it.

Its deadbolt stupid to believe any player intentionally rams his own head into the boards.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity

much faster and a lot more physical

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
Not without Kesler it's not.

The Canucks deserved to win their last 2 games and lost them both because their goaltender was outplayed.

The Canucks were prepared to play tonight and looked excellent out of the gate...

Trust me, we would not be 8-3-3 with Jake Allen and Richard Bachman in net.

Our goaltending has already stole a few games for us this season, they're the last to blame.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Kesler embellished that call. It's not about the blues also doing it, they clearly do. It's about having a known offender on the team continue to do it when he's only got so much leeway from he refs left. He needs to stop.
I disagree. First was a shot to the head, 2 was a check from behind a foot from the boards.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
I said they lost their last 2 games because their goalies were outplayed in both.

Dispute it. I dare you.
I for one am incredibly tired of not being able to objectively criticize either goaltender because of the camps getting formed.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
All teams dive. As long as it isn't as over the top and dramatic and incredibly noticeable as before, then I don't have that much of a problem with it because all teams do it. He embellished a bit on that 2nd boarding, but it was still a boarding. The Blues dived tonight too. Why didn't you bring that up? All teams do it. The only reason people raged over the Canucks doing it is because kesler's dives in the past (especially vs the Kings) were so incredibly comical that is was obvious to everyone that it was a dive. The best divers/embellishers are the ones that you can't tell are diving.

Kesler and Burr are on the hit list. They need to be squeaky clean for a while, otherwise it's going to be open season on them and they'll never get the calls.

If they were more discrete I wouldn't have a problem with it, see Dustin Brown, but they're not as good so it's an issue. They are setting the themselves up for a harder road ahead if they keep doing this.

Wizeman*

When this team has a habit and a long history of choking and throwing away leads. I don't think that it is just "bounces".

Bounces played a key tonight, but this has been an issue all season and then some. The common theme is unless we get great goaltending, we lose. Our team is way too good to have that happening.

Ok fine. I will see your point but your conclusion is wrong. Your 'symptoms' are bang on. But the culprit is misplaced.

Sometimes the other team simply plays a good greasy road game. In every game , especially where there is a quality opponent like the Blues, the teams trade momentum and the blues were going to take it to us and then we take it to them etc........

I think you misread this as 'not ready' when in all fairness the team is playing great but the other team is temporarily playing better. We need solid goaltending , not great goaltending.

Every team that gets weak goaltending will lose. 9 times out 10 anyways. That dallas game was weak ass goaltending.

This game not so much but Lui had his good moments, then bad. That shoot out was brutal. Hes not the reason why we lost. St Louis is a quality opponent.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I don't hate Schneider, that's quite an exaggeration. I like Luongo obviously, and I do think that Schneider has gotten a free ride from much of the fanbase ever since last year's playoffs especially. I thought it was too risky to anoint him as the #1 with so little playoff experience and only 68 reg season games under his belt while never carrying the starter's load.

As for the agent's comments, I still can't believe that you think that Schneider himself disagrees with that viewpoint. Do you actually think his agent went rogue on him? Come on... He was growing impatient with his playing time after Luongo got consecutive starts, and his agent went to bat for him by complaining to the media.

As for tonight, yes I'm sure Luongo wants that shoot-out back. However, there aren't any shootouts in the playoffs, it's just a gimmick to award the extra point, which is why I don't take them that seriously.

I dont agree and you can make yourself seem logical now but you have went out of your way to run schneider down, the agents comment is simply a recent example.

I think its absurd you do not think that schneiders agent was a bit frustrated and said a bit more then what he wanted, and said more then what schneider was comfortable with, he is a completely different person and was likely frustrated himself. You should also read the full interview, you likely only read tsn snippets, it did not sound nearly as bad, he mentioned having to give gillis and the team room to breathe and gave roberto credit as one of the best players in the league. But you went on a tangent regarding this after another poster even told you you were being "silly"

Schneider publically said he did not tell his agent to say any of that, and I believe schneider was not happy about what his agent said, of course you will choose to believe what you want. Point is you went out of your way to stir the pot with this conspiracy so yes i naturally think when i see all your posts running him into the ground you are biased.

And I did not blame roberto for this loss, he did not have a good game though but this loss was on the team, but you laced into schneider fridays thread not just about fridays game (where schneider did struggle) but you were bring up every bad game he has had in this early season to continue to run him into the ground. So yes I think your comments are extremely biased against schneider and whenver you comment on him its complaining about him, and its been far worse then y2k. I also completely disagree and feel the schneider hatred by people like you has been far worse, and the majority of support has been behind roberto across the country.

Last edited:

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I disagree. First was a shot to the head, 2 was a check from behind a foot from the boards.

That call was embellished LS, it was clear to see. He was Aware enough to get his stick up in time to protect himself, went down in a heap and state at the ref. He sold it.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
Havent seen the game yet but over the last couple of seasons Kes and Burr seem to go back to the same behaviours they were already talked to about prior to 10-11.

They need to focus on hockey and not the peripheral BS.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
1)
I also agree with this. Kesler was pretty low down as he was coming in, but it looked like he intentionally hit his head into the boards.

I sure hope we don't have to play the Blues in the playoffs. It's quite obvious that they are going to try to injure our players in order to win.

Trying to suggest ANY player intentionally rams their head into the boards is um, well not well thought out to be extremely polite about it.

Do you honestly think I thought Kesler tried to ram his OWN head into the boards? I was talking about the Blues' player. Maybe you should work on your own thought process.

No you weren't . I quoted you directly. Dont try to spin your way out if it.

Its deadbolt stupid to believe any player intentionally rams his own head into the boards.

Is there some type of miscommunication going on? I honestly think you are misinterpreting my original post.
That he that I have bolded for you in my first post is referring to the Blues player and the his is referring to Kesler.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I said they lost their last 2 games because their goalies were outplayed in both.

Dispute it. I dare you.
You could dispute it by claiming that St. Louis simply had better finish when it counted tonight, for one thing.

You could also dispute it by saying that despite outplaying them, the break-downs we had in our own end were far more problematic than the ones that they had.

I didn't think Luongo looked too awful on any of the goals tonight. Well, maybe that first shootout goal.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary

Our goaltending has already stole a few games for us this season, they're the last to blame.

I was saying we're not a great team without Kesler...

With Kesler we've clearly outplayed our last 2 opponents and deserved to win, only to have the goalie at the other end outplay our starter.

The goaltending has been good this season but team defense has been good for the most part as well. The team looks poised for another excellent season.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas

They can steal games and can cost games, and that's what's happened...fortunately they've stolen more than they've cost us.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Havent seen the game yet but over the last couple of seasons Kes and Burr seem to go back to the same behaviours they were already talked to about prior to 10-11.

They need to focus on hockey and not the peripheral BS.

It's held both players back IMO. They could be better than they are if they just understood this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad