Post-Game Talk: GAME # 14 - Blues def. Canucks: 4-3 (SO) (Kesler, Henrik, Raymond)

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Not without Kesler it's not.

The Canucks deserved to win their last 2 games and lost them both because their goaltender was outplayed.

The Canucks were prepared to play tonight and looked excellent out of the gate...

You're right. I mean, defensemen should never be held accountable for bad play. It's ALL on the goalie right?

:shakehead

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
btw i'm having a riot party on my block tomorrow. we're going to light an old chevy on fire and roast mash-mellows and make BBQ and stuff

Am I invited?

Tonight was a pretty promising game, and I'm excited to watch the Hawks game on Tuesday!

Outside99*

Canucks were the better team tonight, Allen was stellar for them.

Garrison was very effective, battles hard every shift. Ballard was good too.

Sedin line was outstanding, unlucky not to get a couple more.

Raymond and Hansen continue to play very well. They are amazing skaters - first on the forecheck and first on the back check, synchronized at times too.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Effort was there, shootout was awful.

These leads giving up is becoming a troublesome trend, onto Chicago.

I believe David "the truth" Booth is medically cleared to play?

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
For the record, I don't like the one Burrows dive, and the first Kesler call. Dives. But then I didn't like the non call on Backes. Have to clean that crap up.

The first Kesler call? I can't remember. Is that the one where he had his head nailed into the boards and he hopped up instantly?

Wizeman*

I also agree with this. Kesler was pretty low down as he was coming in, but it looked like he intentionally hit his head into the boards.

I sure hope we don't have to play the Blues in the playoffs. It's quite obvious that they are going to try to injure our players in order to win.

Trying to suggest ANY player intentionally rams their head into the boards is um, well not well thought out to be extremely polite about it.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
You're right. I mean, defensemen should never be held accountable for bad play. It's ALL on the goalie right?

:shakehead

So when you outchance the opposition 2-1 and dominate 2 of 3 periods you deserve to lose the game? Riiiiight.

Luongo looked awful on the 1st goal. Terrible rebound and somehow found himself completely out of the net and unable to save any second chance opportunities. Completely against the flow of play as well.

Jake Allen was the better goaltender tonight. And that was the difference.

The Canucks couldn't have done a better job in the 3rd period and overtime.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
I like how Schneider's game vs the Sharks is now considered a bad game for him. The Sharks dominated for long periods and all their goals were very good goals. So it was a bad game because he gave up 4 goals? If that is the case Ryan Miller must be one of the worse goalies in the league. Luongo was not bad tonight bothers me he does not play the puck more and goes down on angle shots but the goals were reasonable ones. If they always went in you would have a problem, but they have not been.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Not without Kesler it's not.

The Canucks deserved to win their last 2 games and lost them both because their goaltender was outplayed.

The Canucks were prepared to play tonight and looked excellent out of the gate...

Kesler is back, and had another good game.

They lost because this team didn't put together a full 60 minute effort. Yet again.

Smokey McCanucks

PuckDaddy "Perfect HFBoard Trade Proposal 02/24/14
Dec 21, 2010
If Rooney is gonna call a game like he called this one, we should be diving like there's no tomorrow. If they're not gonna call Backes for running over Lu, absolutely, dive it up, it's not like we're making the refs look any stupider than they've already made themselves look.

StringerBell

For the record, I don't like the one Burrows dive, and the first Kesler call. Dives. But then I didn't like the non call on Backes. Have to clean that crap up.

I thought the second Kesler call was more questionable than the first one. On the first one he clearly gets his head slammed into the boards by Polak. Sure he looks up at the ref afterwards, but that doesn't make it a dive.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
The first Kesler call? I can't remember. Is that the one where he had his head nailed into the boards and he hopped up instantly?

No that was he second call in the 3rd. The first one I believe was just a hard hit on he end boards. Both plays though are too reckless on Kesler's part. He needs to gain some control in his game. His head shouldn't be down like that in the first place.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
Kesler is back, and had another good game.

They lost because this team didn't put together a full 60 minute effort. Yet again.

They didn't lose, they tied. And they tied because the Blues got more bounces. Did St. Louis desrve to win with 1 good period, 2 garbage ones and a pitiful overtime?

The Canucks should never dominate this Blues team for 3 periods. St. Louis is a juggernaut...

StringerBell

If Rooney is gonna call a game like he called this one, we should be diving like there's no tomorrow. If they're not gonna call Backes for running over Lu, absolutely, dive it up, it's not like we're making the refs look any stupider than they've already made themselves look.

No. Diving is never the answer.

No that was he second call in the 3rd. The first one I believe was just a hard hit on he end boards. Both plays though are too reckless on Kesler's part. He needs to gain some control in his game. His head shouldn't be down like that in the first place.

The one on the end boards was the one with the head contact. The second one he launched himself a bit for dramatic effect IMO.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
We won some games we didn't deserve to win.

now we've lost two games we should have won. such is life.

Kesler looks great. I feel better about this team now than I did a week or two weeks ago.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Trying to suggest ANY player intentionally rams their head into the boards is um, well not well thought out to be extremely polite about it.

Do you honestly think I thought Kesler tried to ram his OWN head into the boards? I was talking about the Blues' player. Maybe you should work on your own thought process.

Wizeman*

Lu wasn't good tonight. Period.

I just can't understand people who don't see the correlation between constantly blowing leads every game, playing half games and the coaching staff.

Its obvious they don't get us ready to play.

Against playoff competition we are 2-3-3 this year. So basically. Unless our goaltending is spectacular, we are going to lose.

This team is way to good to have to rely on our goaltending to win us games.

Can you explain how a team isnt ready to play the full game? How do you coach that? Explain to the rest of us how that works.

Then explain how the team dominated the 3rd period . According to your theory they are 'coached' to quit on the spot.

I just cant do this. Im sorry but your point is ridiculous . Feel free to keep moaning about it somehow but it insults my intelligence.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
Kesler needs to stop putting himself in vulnerable positions. He hunches and his head is too low along the boards at times.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
No. Diving is never the answer.

The one on the end boards was the one with the head contact. The second one he launched himself a bit for dramatic effect IMO.

The second one is the one I'm referencing, got a bit confused there, and I think launched himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad