Post-Game Talk: GAME # 14 - Blues def. Canucks: 4-3 (SO) (Kesler, Henrik, Raymond)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC

They talked about it and zoomed in on the iPad. :laugh:

Definition of SARCASM

: a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain
a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual
b : the use or language of sarcasm

To be fair, the internet kind of sucks for sarcasm. :sarcasm:

John Bender*

The fact they came back and got a point is good. Could have been a lot worse.

2 bad games in a row though really. Pretty tough to expect 2 points in the next one too.

blfr

Aug 29, 2009
Is this a serious question? He wasn't in position for any of the shots. Same as Schneider last night when people pinned the loss on him. They were momentum killing goals that went against momentum. If you let in weak shots like that against the Blues u lose.

Other then the 3rd goal he was never beat by straight shots and that one wasn't a weak shot. Rebounds are all about coverage and the Canucks had two neutral zone turnover which led to quick transitions where the coverage was caught chasing. The 3rd goal was a well placed shot with the guy screening. Luongo never saw the shot.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Av says regarding our 2nd said to simply give st. louis credit they looked great, and he liked our response in the 3rd.

I know some av fans wont agree but its mind boggling, we have been letting teams have great periods for 2 years now. No mention we did not make any passes, had multiple giveaways and barely won a faceoff in the 2nd.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Definition of SARCASM

: a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain
a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual
b : the use or language of sarcasm

To be fair, the internet kind of sucks for sarcasm. :sarcasm:

My sarcasm detector has been hit or miss lately, and on the Internet it's usually miss.

John Bender*

That was to be expected as numerous scouting reports had said that.

All I'm looking for is him to bring his game in May.

I don't expect him to score every game, but I do expect him to be very physical every game. More often than not, the games go long stretches where I don't even notice him on the ice at all.

Not good enough.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Cut the crap! I didn't even see the game on Friday and didn't comment on Schneider at all. No need to lie to try to make a point.

1st goal was a terrible giveaway and pathetic defensive play by Tanev.

2nd goal I agree with you, he needed to make sure his post absorbed that shot. Seriously, how can it be a bad rebound when the puck doesn't even hit him!?

3rd goal he was screened, hard to blame ANY goalie for that.

In case you didn't notice we didn't score in the shoot out. But our forwards get a pass there??

Luongo didn't stand on his head, but to pin the loss on him is absolutely insane.

Yet you'd find a way to blame Schneider if he let in those goals. If you let in 2 weak goals you aren't giving the team a good chance to win, Luongo let in 2 weak goals and 1 weak one in the shootout. Not a good enough effort...he's been the MVP so far but that wasn't good.

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
The fact they came back and got a point is good. Could have been a lot worse.

2 bad games in a row though really. Pretty tough to expect 2 points in the next one too.

Canucks always show up against Chicago. I would not be surprised if we put an end to their little streak.

We have to expose them for who they really are :naughty:

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
Based on the way we played today we need to up our level alot against chicago to have a chance to end their streak. If we play like today, it will be a blowout.

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
Shortshorts game review

Offense

Sedins played very well. The reason why they were invisible for certain times in the game is something I'll elaborate in the defense section.

Burrows played well. Creating offense, and is returning to form. Defensively he's been mediocre though.

Raymond :D

Hansen :D

Schroeder was okay. Clearly overmatched by big forwards. Still showed well offensively and defensively though.

Kesler played well. Tried one stupid solo deke, and one stupid wrist shot, but otherwise he was cycling well and grinding it out. Bodes well for us.

Higgins played well. Returning to form as well.

Kassian has been very poor defensively the last few games. Has been using his body, but is having trouble positionally. Deserved benching.

Fourth line was not good today.

Defense

23 A. EDLER 0G 1A 1P -1 0PIM 2Shots on net 2Hits 2Blocks 0GVA 2TKA - 27:00TOI

He was all over the place, and made some bone headed plays.. but that is bound to happen with 27 TOI under a huge forecheck from the Blues. I'd give him a B-/B game. Not what we want, but played okay.

The one thing I noticed with out D is we have troubles with our break out. This is where Ehrhoff is sorely missed.

Luongo played an okay game. Not spectacular, but played good enough for us to win. We can't expect him to steal games every game.

Overall, we played really well and we need to give St.Louis credit. I'm not upset with this loss.

Wizeman*

I think the Blues trapped the Canucks into the ice and won the game. Both goalies had their good and bad moments.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Scoring chances were 20-11 for the Canucks. Overall, that's obscene. We smoked them.

We got a lot of luck early in the season with unsustainable good goaltending and shooting percentages. Now, that's evening out and we're losing games we should have won to make up for games we should have lost.

I was nervous about this team early on without Kesler, but performances like this convince me we're for real. I have a good feeling going into Chicago. If this trend continues, I say go all in on the deadline.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Getting on the road right now is probably going to benefit us more than hurt us.

TheDiver*

..Fail joke... Seppuku it is then (to preserve my honour) :(

Or he's so old that he's getting his Wars mixed up! (yea... that's it)

Between you having Karl Marx in your avatar, a Mod named Chairman MAOuth, and a poster called CanuckCommunist...I think we have the most leftist fan base on HF Boards :laugh:

I should change my screen name to John Lenin.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Yet you'd find a way to blame Schneider if he let in those goals. If you let in 2 weak goals you aren't giving the team a good chance to win, Luongo let in 2 weak goals and 1 weak one in the shootout. Not a good enough effort...he's been the MVP so far but that wasn't good.

I'm hard on Schneider because of the stupid levels people have for Luongo. You can read in this very thread people blaming Luongo for this loss, so why not treat Schneider by the same standard?? Start treating Luongo fairly and I guarantee Schneider will get fair treatment!

yoss

May 25, 2011
Canucks always show up against Chicago. I would not be surprised if we put an end to their little streak.

We have to expose them for who they really are :naughty:

I like they way you think. :handclap:

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
We got a lot of luck early in the season with unsustainable good goaltending and shooting percentages. Now, that's evening out and we're losing games we should have won to make up for games we should have lot.
Gambler's fallacy 101. Not saying that what you described isn't happening (I would agree it is), but there's no causal relationship.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
My sarcasm detector has been hit or miss lately, and on the Internet it's usually miss.

Don't worry, it's the same for me.

I don't expect him to score every game, but I do expect him to be very physical every game. More often than not, the games go long stretches where I don't even notice him on the ice at all.

Not good enough.

Him being physical every game would be cool, but his career would be tragically short. If he does what Linden did and make a name for himself in the playoffs, everyone will love him and he will still be a good player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad