GDT: Game 14: Anaheim Ducks(7-4-3) @ Seattle Kraken(4-8-1) - 7:00 p.m. PT/ 10:00 p.m. ET

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
After suffering back-to-back losses in the desert and sin city, the Kraken are headed back home to the emerald city to start a six game home stand.
The first one of those six will be against a division rival in the Anaheim Ducks, who have been one of the surprises so far this season.

The Kraken, on the other hand, have not been able to string together a real winning streak and are need to turn things around if they don't want to slip further in the standings and out of any possibility to fight for a playoff spot.

The good news is that Jared McCann is back and should help the team offensively, especially if Yanni Gourde will miss time.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Where are they playing?

Climate Pledge Arena, Seattle, WA
Exterior-Hero-Shot-1024x575.jpg

When does the game start?
7:00 p.m. PT/10:00 p.m ET/3:00 a.m. CET

How to watch?
Root Sports NW/ ESPN + / NHL Game Center

-------------------------------------------------------------

3 Keys to the game

1) Defense/Goaltending
For most of the game the Kraken have been able to outshot and outwork their opponents but still lost because of defensive mistakes or goalies not making a save when needed.
Unless this gets better the team will have a hard time winning most nights and therefore needs both of this to keep the puck out of the own net.

2) Keep working on the power play
It was nice finally seeing them score on a power play again, as they did in Vegas, but the team still needs a lot of work on it and needs to stop just passing it from the blueline to the side and back, in order to get more out of all the penalties they're drawing.

3) A good start to the game
During the games in Arizona and Vegas the team was able to score first and start well in games.
Even if that didn't result in victories it was still better then playing those games from behind, which is what the team had to do way too often as they're one of the bottom teams in allowing goals early in games.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Team Facts

i

Top Scorers:
Jordan Eberle: 7(G) - 2(A) --> 9 points
Alex Wennberg: 1(G) - 7(A) --> 8 points
Brandon Tanev: 6(G) - 2(A) ---> 8 points

Work Load:
Adam Larsson: 21:11 TOI/Game
Mark Giordano: 20:49 TOI/Game
Yanni Gourde: 19:54 TOI/Game

Netminders:
Philipp Grubauer: 4-5-1 / .886(SV%) / 2.97 GAA
Chris Driedger: 0-1-0 / .833(SV%) / 3.43 GAA
Joey D'Accord: 0-2-0 / .855(SV%) / 4.06 GAA

i

Top Scorers:
Troy Terry: 9(G) - 7(A) ---> 16 points
Kevin Shattenkirk: 3(G) - 9(A) ---> 12 points
Ryan Getzlaf: 1(G) - 11(A) ---> 12 points

Work Load:
Cam Fowler: 23:09 TOI/Game
Hampus Lindholm: 22:13 TOI/Game
Jamie Drysdale: 21:03 TOI/Game

Netminders:
John Gibson: 6-2-2 / .927(SV'%) / 2.35 GAA
Anthony Stolarz: 1-2-1 / .912(SV%) / 2.98 GAA

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The stats clearly show, to no surprise, that John Gibson is one of the better goalies in this league and even Stolarz has some solid numbers to show for.
So there's another possibility to run into "a hot goalie" for us which hasn't ended all that well this season.
Therefore we need our netminder to have a good game, with timely saves, or this will be another tough one we might finish empty handed.

Anyways, let's hope the guys are up for it and are able to end the losing in this one.

And of course.....
giphy.gif

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Since first game against kraken ,

welcome to the league and the division…. Love the logo and color scheme.

GF already has a kraken jersey cause she loves Seattle based teams.

good luck tonight, I still hope you lose but I hope you lose in a manner the fans can enjoy :)

Reactions: Arthuros

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
The Kraken are better than the Weakling Ducks!!!C'mon Seattle go out there and score a bunch and win this game

Cisse

Jun 25, 2016
Forssa
It is depressing when we get behind early because it is so unlikely that we will score much in a game even if we happened to get several power plays.

Reactions: kihei

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
This Seattle Organization needs to find scoring wings in 2022 UFA season and draft some size on the Wings

Reactions: Cisse

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
The Ducks there might have been on a power play to look at their control in our end.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
We are damn lucky to only be at a one goal deficit that period. Not the kind of effort you want to see at home.

Reactions: Ray Martyniuk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad