Post-Game Talk: GAME 12 - It don't come easy - BRUINS 3 Whalercanes 2 F

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Video Review: BOS @ CAR - 9:57 of the Second Period

At 9:57 of the second period in the Bruins/Hurricanes game, the puck entered the Carolina net. After a conversation with the officials, the Referee informed the Situation Room that he blew his whistle to stop play before the puck crossed the goal line. The decision was made in accordance of Rule 31.2 which states, in part, that "the Referee may deem the play to be stopped slightly prior to the whistle actually being blown. The fact that the puck may come loose or cross the goal line prior to the sound of the whistle has no bearing if the Referee has ruled that the play had been stopped prior to this happening." This is not a reviewable play, therefore the Referee's call on the ice stands - no goal Boston.
But that's not what the referee said on the ice. He said the puck went off the official into the net which can't happen. Admittedly I did not see the play but I understand it went off him and off the Carolina player into the net which to me would constitute a goal. Anyone have a video replay on it?

Reactions: lopey and sarge88

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
Can we stop with this nonsense of Donato on PP1 unit? Last 3 games he had 4:09, 3:19 and 5:33 minutes coming to average 2:30 minutes per game of PP TOI. He has been beyond useless. Yea, I've heard he has a magic shot. The truth is I have seen it only once in the span of 11 games.

Krejci didn't have a good game. Couldn't connect with Pasta , was a step behind the play all time.

Krug was a bit rusty in his own end but he is a much better option on PP than Grzelcyk.

Acciari, Wagner are just dead weight. They bring nothing to this team. Send them down and bring up some kids to play.

Last edited:

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Can we stop with this nonsense of Donato on PP1 unit? Last 3 games he had 4:09, 3:19 and 5:33 minutes coming to average 2:30 minutes per game of PP TOI. He has been beyond useless. Yea, I've heard he has a magic shot. The truth is I have seen it only once in the span of 11 games.

Krejci didn't have a good game. Couldn't connect with Pasta , was a step behind the play all time.

Krug was a bit rusty in his own end but he is much better option on PP than Grzelcyk.

Acciari, Vagner are just dead weight. They bring nothing to this team. Send them down and bring up some kids to play.
I’ll give Donato this, because I bitched about it last game. He went to the net without the puck.

Of all the guys to do it, he was the one. Almost had a goal for it too. That’s a good sign.

Wagner is ok-ish. He can complete almost one full cycle rotation! Acciari ya. Acciari needs a new profession. I’d rather a guy like Winnik though if he’s being replaced. They don’t need another kid in this lineup right now.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I’ll give Donato this, because I *****ed about it last game. He went to the net without the puck.

Of all the guys to do it, he was the one. Almost had a goal for it too. That’s a good sign.

Wagner is ok-ish. He can complete almost one full cycle rotation! Acciari ya. Acciari needs a new profession. I’d rather a guy like Winnik though if he’s being replaced. They don’t need another kid in this lineup right now.
I also liked what I saw from Donato in the Montreal game. Thing is, he was back to playing clueless hockey tonight. The kid absolutely is clueless in his own zone way too much of the time. I saw him standing around on multiple occasions not knowing what to do, then reacting to the play way too late. It's as if he's on a 2 second delay or something. His linemates end up doing the heavy lifting since Donato is of little to no help. It's not a huge deal now since the Bs are putting up points, however he needs to catch on quick or it will at some point bite the team in the butt. Same with Acciari. His lackluster play is not hurting the team at the moment, but having a player out there who contributes very little is not a good thing come crunch time. I'm hoping Donato can pull things together. He's new to the league and has really nice offensive skills. Acciari on the other hand is who he is. Probably has hit his ceiling. They need a better option to replace him.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Love the look of the guys on the bench after the beauty of a goal by Marchand.

usatsi_11559439_0.jpg

Reactions: Ladyfan

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I also liked what I saw from Donato in the Montreal game. Thing is, he was back to playing clueless hockey tonight. The kid absolutely is clueless in his own zone way too much of the time. I saw him standing around on multiple occasions not knowing what to do, then reacting to the play way too late. It's as if he's on a 2 second delay or something. His linemates end up doing the heavy lifting since Donato is of little to no help. It's not a huge deal now since the Bs are putting up points, however he needs to catch on quick or it will at some point bite the team in the butt. Same with Acciari. His lackluster play is not hurting the team at the moment, but having a player out there who contributes very little is not a good thing come crunch time. I'm hoping Donato can pull things together. He's new to the league and has really nice offensive skills. Acciari on the other hand is who he is. Probably has hit his ceiling. They need a better option to replace him.
Lol I sometimes wonder if coaches just put too much in the heads of young guys. He’s a forward for god sakes.

Just keep it simple. On defence, go stand,facing mind you, on top of the opposing dman. Just stand there. He moves you move. Like a mirror. Mimic his arm movements and face twitches if it helps.

If we get the puck go to the wall. It’s offence time! You’ll like that.

No puck? Face dman. Have puck? Stand on wall.

If they f*** that up somehow show them the salary difference between holding a hockey stick or holding a broom. Should get their attention.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
It's called Bruins, it's called bias.

Bruins Bias. I like it. It's got that alliterative ring to it....

I'm just glad they won. Win the games you can win!

Seriously though. At some point I pray nobody on that first line gets hurt. If one of them does, this team may be in trouble. Can't rely on just one line to score forever. Might be working right now but it won't remain that way

Glad to see (Or rather, hear from you guys) that Carlo's finally becoming the beast I was hoping/believing he'd become!

Reactions: lopey and sarge88

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
Glad to see (Or rather, hear from you guys) that Carlo's finally becoming the beast I was hoping/believing he'd become!

Carlo's defensive dominance is the biggest positive surprise to me this season. I would let him play out the season alongside Chara to fully develop that part of his game even when McAvoy gets back. Every team tries to find a Chara's clone as a sheer dominant force. So far none of them came close as Chara in his prime was a very unique combination of size and skill. If Carlo could take away some level of Chara's work ethic and fully develop his defensive part of the game I think the offensive part would follow afterwards.

Crash Bandicoot

Sobriety isn't for wimps.
Feb 25, 2016
Let me see if I can channel Captian Obvious words here: Thank goodness for powerplays because this team needs work on its 5-5 and scoring depth. Halak 44 shots .995. Is there a still an argument on who is the #1 goalie? Sweeney ought to be burning up the trade lines with Rask wrapped around the hook. It's time for the Rask era to be over with.
ramseygiphy.gif

Reactions: fin8

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Let me see if I can channel Captian Obvious words here: Thank goodness for powerplays because this team needs work on its 5-5 and scoring depth. Halak 44 shots .995. Is there a still an argument on who is the #1 goalie? Sweeney ought to be burning up the trade lines with Rask wrapped around the hook. It's time for the Rask era to be over with.
View attachment 150867
I doubt Sweeney makes a trade one month into the season after the unexpected season they had last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad