Post-Game Talk: GAME 12 - It don't come easy - BRUINS 3 Whalercanes 2 F

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Tough win, good win. That shortie save was Jaro's Khudobin moment, and the tying and winning goals were tremendous plays by Bergeron and Marchand, respectively. The 'Canes have piled up the shots this season, and we left with a win despite our blue line injuries. The line shuffling worked.

Reactions: Whiskey Sam

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
It's now 5 consecutive games without an ES goal from a forward on lines 2-4, last goal was Nordstrom's snipe against the Canucks.

That's absurd, I know we won this game but almost every win this year requires the Bergeron line to score 3+ goals on their own.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Bjork played an unheralded game.Showed a lot of hustle and desire to win puck battles.

I liked the fact that Cassidy split up the top line. I hope he continues to do so because then the bruins will have have two lines that are legitimate scoring threats as soon as they hit the ice.:thumbu:

Last edited:
Reactions: BruinsBtn and Emerz

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Kuraly and Debrusk had gift wrapped goals that they blew. Gotta finish better.

Nice to see Marchand on his game

Reactions: Emerz

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I'd like an official ruling on the one that banked off the ref. Was that called right?

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
honestly we are now 2-2-2 in the last 6 games if ive done the math correctly... and I didn't feel we were a dominant team in any of those games

marchand/Bergeron get 5 points tonight... but I felt as if I saw them struggling a bit out there...

id love to be a lot more comfortable with the team. we are on pace for around 110 points this season... our goals differential is top 5... there really aren't that many teams out there that are looking better than us

montreal? seriously?
Toronto? they score a lot... but that defense sucks
Pittsburgh? I don't think so

I guess in my money... theres tampa… they look pretty impressive all through the lineup and might get some great goaltending.

Washington has to be considered a threat until they prove otherwise

Nashville is deep deep deep…

and Winnipeg seems like they will be there at the end fighting

but that's like 4 teams id be willing to handicap over us... that leaves us in a pretty damn good place... so why am I feeling so unsatisfied? why is the team 500 over the last 6 games?

I do think we might need a fine tune.

krug did ok tonight... got a point... but we did ok without him and that contract is a real issue. does our depth allow us to move him for something nice?

Heinen/donato/Bjork... the question continues is it wise to have this many kids playing key roles in our depth chart when they are really so similar? it would be easier to say yes if any of them was off to a good start this year but the numbes are not there

will rask be there at playoff time? I can all but guarantee he gets his act together for regular season... he always does... but are even his biggest supporters like me still willing to say this is the money guy we need at playoff time?

is rick nash sitting there waiting to join the team? some people scoff at the idea... but clearly we could use someone like this for our depth

and yes backes… he didn't get off to a great start this year but you sure notice how quick our depth drops off when hes injured. we need to get him back in the lineup and stabalize a 3rd line because our 3rd line has been a black hole this year

I personally think we have the ability to upgrade... and im not saying we suck now. 7-3-2 isn't a suck record. we still have the top line in nhl and id take our top 7 defenders as quick as anyone else except. we are really underrated as far as defense talent goes when everyone is healthy

yes McAvoy has had rocky moments... but krug was injured and hes an upgrade. carlo is playing great hockey. chara is still imposing shut down guy.... miller/moore as your 5/6 is very very good for any team and grez has been worthy of top 4 consideration himself.

all in all... props to the team for winning. wins are better than loses. but I need to see a dominant effort again to really feel better. tonight was an eek out win. they didn't even get that empty net goal with 2 mins of empty net to make me happier.

im still a believer... and I do try to stay positive but I think sweeny has to be giving some thoughts to making a move.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Video Review: BOS @ CAR - 9:57 of the Second Period

At 9:57 of the second period in the Bruins/Hurricanes game, the puck entered the Carolina net. After a conversation with the officials, the Referee informed the Situation Room that he blew his whistle to stop play before the puck crossed the goal line. The decision was made in accordance of Rule 31.2 which states, in part, that "the Referee may deem the play to be stopped slightly prior to the whistle actually being blown. The fact that the puck may come loose or cross the goal line prior to the sound of the whistle has no bearing if the Referee has ruled that the play had been stopped prior to this happening." This is not a reviewable play, therefore the Referee's call on the ice stands - no goal Boston.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Bjork played an unheralded game.Should a lot of hustle and desire to win puck battles.

I liked the fact that Cassidy split up the top line. I hope he continues to do so because then the bruins will have have two lines that are legitimate scoring threats as soon as they hit the ice.:thumbu:

I have been asking for the split for some time now. Dropping Pasta down gives Krejci a legit threat and a sniper for he and Heinen to look for.

People are complaining about the quality of the W, but they don’t give out style points, just two points. The Canes have been playing pretty good hockey and were at home. Any time you get a road win, it’s a good win.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Hopefully this win tonight will stifle any Marchand trade talks for a few days.
Give yer head a shake.

Return will never be better than tonight.

In all seriousness though. Shooter Brad is a much better player than passer Brad. Passer Brad makes big Z look fluid with the puck.

Reactions: lopey and bryson21

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad