Post-Game Talk: GAME 12 - It don't come easy - BRUINS 3 Whalercanes 2 F

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Acciari with a team worst -6 rating and a Big Fat Zero pts in 12 games..PLEASE get him off this team and take Kuraly with you.. Those 2 guys have gotten too many free passes past couple years while giving back very little in return.. I'm sure there's been 20 guys the past 2 years in Providence saying,"At least I can give as much as Acciari or Kuraly if I get a call up"!!.. Seriously, I'm tired of watching those 2 do nothing game in game out..

Kuraly has value being big and fast and has been a solid playoff performer, as for Acciari, he needs to be shown the door.

Reactions: TCB

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
I'm getting a little nervous that cassidy is channeling his inner claude.. benching bjork and debrusk for pretty much the whole 2nd? at some point he needs to realize that this team is counting on them to put up points.. let them play..

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I'm getting a little nervous that cassidy is channeling his inner claude.. benching bjork and debrusk for pretty much the whole 2nd? at some point he needs to realize that this team is counting on them to put up points.. let them play..

He’s been doing this pretty consistently since he was hired, to pretty much every player that is having a bad game. I don’t necessarily agree with it all the time, but as long as he is objective about when it’s used, it is what it is.

Reactions: lopey

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
You know, in terms of a third line center, I got wistful thinking about Riley Nash...so I decided to check in on nhl.com and see how he's playing this year.

11 games, 2 assists. Does anybody know if he's hurt, or what line he's playing on? Or is it that we kinda lucked out with him peaking last year?

Has nothing to do with Boston's current line up at all, but I am somewhat relieved that he's not the third line center if he's regressing at all. Not saying the B's have anything better right now, but at least they didn't hand out a contract that would've anchored that third line in a brutal manner for who knows how long

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
He’s been doing this pretty consistently since he was hired, to pretty much every player that is having a bad game. I don’t necessarily agree with it all the time, but as long as he is objective about when it’s used, it is what it is.
The Bjork one last night I understood. If you told me he was in the bathroom for the first two periods I would’ve believed you.

Debrusk I thought was odd, thought he was noticeable in the first period. Maybe that one was a I know you can do more than what you’re doing type thing? I dunno.

Acciari meanwhile. He’s moving in to Pouliot levels of disdain with me. He tries hard, I’ll give him that. But man he’s bad with the puck

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Marchand, Bergeron, Pastrnak and Krug with points last night. All the rest with zero. Only 6 players on the team that have 5 points or more. Yikes....
Yes the lack of scoring from other players,especially the young guys is very concerning.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Interesting stat the last two defenseman too win the Norris trophy by scoring less than 35 points a year.... Rod Langway and Bobby orr

The Norris should be re-named the Paul Coffey Trophy for the defenseman who puts up the most points, because that is what it has become. Guess it is too much work for sportswriters to figure out who the best defenseman is without being able to resort to just counting up the stats.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

But they're not putting up points and that is the problem. Mixing up the lines and benching people are about the only tools a coach has to try to get his team going.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
The Bjork one last night I understood. If you told me he was in the bathroom for the first two periods I would’ve believed you.

Debrusk I thought was odd, thought he was noticeable in the first period. Maybe that one was a I know you can do more than what you’re doing type thing? I dunno.

Acciari meanwhile. He’s moving in to Pouliot levels of disdain with me. He tries hard, I’ll give him that. But man he’s bad with the puck
Agree about Acciari ,they must have somebody in Providence with some size,and bang in his game.I would like to see Bjork with Bergy and Marchand,didn’t they try them together with some success,but think he got hurt early in the season,or maybe it was Bergy.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005

I'm a big fan of DeBrusk but he hasn't been playing as well as I think he's capable of. Shades of Brett Connolly - were I really like the effort he shows but it's almost like it's the wrong effort at times. He's better than what he's shown so far this season and if it takes sitting him a few shifts, periods or games to get him playing to his potential then no problem. Sometimes players can play through things but other times it can just reinforce under-performance.

It's a tight rope coaches have to walk with young players.

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
Lumping all the kids together is not a good assessment. IMO Bjork ,Heinen ,and DeBrusk are NHL ready . Donato is NOT

So after the All World line and Krecji with 9 points, you have your 2nd and 3rd lines after 12 games and these include PP points, 5 on 5 is non existent:

6 Points total:
Debrusk 3 goals
Heinen 3 assists

5 Points Total:
Donato 1 goal on PP
Bjork 1 goal 1 assist
Nordstrom 2 goals
Backes 0 points

4 Points total:
4th line 2 goals 2 assists

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
As hard as I am on Krejci, he has 9 pts in 12 games and DeBrusk got benched for a stretch last night. After the first 2/3 games, Krejci has not been the issue.
What i think is they dont work well together and for some reason Cassidy has been putting them together since last year.

And for me, breaking that 1st line is just stupid. So the other only option is to bring in someone that can play with Debrusk and let Krejci figure things out on his own.

And Donato just needs to go to Providence already. He's being badly managed and he's only gonna hurt him.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
So after the All World line and Krecji with 9 points, you have your 2nd and 3rd lines after 12 games and these include PP points, 5 on 5 is non existent:

6 Points total:
Debrusk 3 goals
Heinen 3 assists

5 Points Total:
Donato 1 goal on PP
Bjork 1 goal 1 assist
Nordstrom 2 goals
Backes 0 points

4 Points total:
4th line 2 goals 2 assists

No team can last for long with all its talent being in one line; no one disagrees with that.
Our problem is that even when we try to change it up, like putting DK46 with 88, like last night, we just don't have the talent to make it happen. We're in need of two quality NHL wingers in order to have a real chance. Simple as that, really. If we had Beleskey and Backes money back, or drafted better, we'd be in a different boat.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
This is a different team with Halak behind them. Way less frantic in their own zone. Players play their roles instead of frantically trying to do too much.

Reactions: BMC and lopey

BobbyAwe

Nov 21, 2006
South Carolina
Love the look of the guys on the bench after the beauty of a goal by Marchand.

usatsi_11559439_0.jpg

That 2nd goal - Jesus H. the SKILLZ! :rolleyes:
Is there really a rumor about trading him? Figures...

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
No team can last for long with all its talent being in one line; no one disagrees with that.
Our problem is that even when we try to change it up, like putting DK46 with 88, like last night, we just don't have the talent to make it happen. We're in need of two quality NHL wingers in order to have a real chance. Simple as that, really. If we had Beleskey and Backes money back, or drafted better, we'd be in a different boat.

You really need to visit the “Happy Puppy” thread and get some positive vibes.

I’m not sure how you can sit there and say unequivocally, “we just don’t have enough talent”.

First, and most importantly, Cassidy has not let Pasta play with Krejci for any amount of time, so there is no way to tell if there is enough talent. Second, it has always bugged me when people include themselves in the narrative with the “we” stuff.

You are better than that (I think) :laugh:

Personally, I am a believer in the “pair” philosophy and feel like:

63-37-XX
XX-46-88

Combined with one of the youngsters (or maybe even Backes if healthy) would work and give the B’s scoring from their Top 6.

If you wanted to think outside the box a bit and maybe even be able to ice three good lines, try something like this:

63-37-17
10-46-88
43-XX-74

As another poster said, in no way, shape or form, do I feel like Donato has earned it, but the B’s seem intent on keeping him in the NHL. I would like to see the 3C spot addressed, preferably from the outside. If not, try Cave or Frederic there and see how they look.

Now is the time to figure this stuff out.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
You really need to visit the “Happy Puppy” thread and get some positive vibes.

I’m not sure how you can sit there and say unequivocally, “we just don’t have enough talent”.

First, and most importantly, Cassidy has not let Pasta play with Krejci for any amount of time, so there is no way to tell if there is enough talent. Second, it has always bugged me when people include themselves in the narrative with the “we” stuff.

You are better than that (I think) :laugh:

Personally, I am a believer in the “pair” philosophy and feel like:

63-37-XX
XX-46-88

Combined with one of the youngsters (or maybe even Backes if healthy) would work and give the B’s scoring from their Top 6.

If you wanted to think outside the box a bit and maybe even be able to ice three good lines, try something like this:

63-37-17
10-46-88
43-XX-74

As another poster said, in no way, shape or form, do I feel like Donato has earned it, but the B’s seem intent on keeping him in the NHL. I would like to see the 3C spot addressed, preferably from the outside. If not, try Cave or Frederic there and see how they look.

Now is the time to figure this stuff out.

I think DeBrusk on that #1RW could be something interesting. Donato and Bjork seem to be find some chemistry and could be a good duo in their own right. I still agree though, #3C needs to be address to really help those two out. Nothing against Nordstrom, but he's just not a guy that will drive that line. I love the idea of him bringing some offense to the black hole of the 4th line.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
Problem with taking Acciari out, is that he is one of the only players who plays physical and punishes the other time. We are already too soft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad