Post-Game Talk: GAME 12 - It don't come easy - BRUINS 3 Whalercanes 2 F

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
No team can last for long with all its talent being in one line; no one disagrees with that.
Our problem is that even when we try to change it up, like putting DK46 with 88, like last night, we just don't have the talent to make it happen. We're in need of two quality NHL wingers in order to have a real chance. Simple as that, really. If we had Beleskey and Backes money back, or drafted better, we'd be in a different boat.
I think really just one is needed,someone to go with Krejci and Debrusk

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
One wing and an upgrade at 3C if possible.
True ,Bruins definitely need to develop a young centre man,Bergy and Krejci aren’t playing forever,and it’s not like the Bruins are bad enough to draft a Mathews,or Tavares or someone like that.

HellFish89

Sep 28, 2018
I think really just one is needed,someone to go with Krejci and Debrusk
Imho, I do think Heinen is a far better fit to play with Krejci than Debrusk. Debrusk is more of a straight line speed go to the net and shot from everywhere kind of guy. Krejci play a totally different way, he likes to keep the puck on his stick and change the lanes. Debrusk isn't creative enough right now. I really loved the line last night and hope they stay with it for 2-3 weeks. There seems to be instant chemestry with the Krejci-Pastrnak-Heinen line and I'm really curious what Debrusk could do with our magic duo.

HellFish89

Sep 28, 2018
True ,Bruins definitely need to develop a young centre man,Bergy and Krejci aren’t playing forever,and it’s not like the Bruins are bad enough to draft a Mathews,or Tavares or someone like that.

Yes, Nordstrom is by far the more consistent hard worker on the team, but he's not a long term solution on the 3rd line in this era of 3 offensive lines ...

There's a lot of good center in the next draft, maybe the Bruins can get a grade A- center prospect without sucking too much.

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Imho, I do think Heinen is a far better fit to play with Krejci than Debrusk. Debrusk is more of a straight line speed go to the net and shot from everywhere kind of guy. Krejci play a totally different way, he likes to keep the puck on his stick and change the lanes. Debrusk isn't creative enough right now. I really loved the line last night and hope they stay with it for 2-3 weeks. There seems to be instant chemestry with the Krejci-Pastrnak-Heinen line and I'm really curious what Debrusk could do with our magic duo.
I’m really not a big fan of Heinen anymore,I think there will be some experiments tried by the coach to try to get two lines going .

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Yes, Nordstrom is by far the more consistent hard worker on the team, but he's not a long term solution on the 3rd line in this era of 3 offensive lines ...

There's a lot of good center in the next draft, maybe the Bruins can get a grade A- center prospect without sucking too much.
Agree let’s hope,its that or a trade,unless there are any free agents available next year.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Second Bruins-Canes game I went to, two wins. This one wasn't quite as dramatic as last March but it counts nonetheless. Ugly first 40 minutes but a good effort in the 3rd. Defense is playing reasonably well considering they're missing a top pairing guy in McAvoy and two good 3rd pairing guys in Grzelcyk-Miller. Halak looks terrific. They really need to address #3C though.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
what a fantastic play by Bergeron to set up Marchand. And it's great to see Bergeron's name sitting 2nd on the leaderboard.
We've seen bergeron do that so many times, I think people take it for granted.

What he did on that play is nothing short of elite.

Chasing a guy down on a breakaway to steal the puck then fire it up the length of the ice to an open Marchand.

We're so spoiled.

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
Happy with the gritty win. I liked the change in the lines Cassidy made near the midway point too. Halak continues his stellar play. Imagine where we would be without it ....

I have no idea who that goal gets waved off.... I know it sucks but its part of the game ...

Oh, and 1 more thing, Brad more time on the ice trying to get the hatty and less time in the box for penalties a mile away from our net.

Just sayin.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I’m really not a big fan of Heinen anymore,I think there will be some experiments tried by the coach to try to get two lines going .
I’m a fan of Bjork and Heinen both. I’m kind of puzzled at some of the lines. Bjork reminds me of a younger Pastrnak. I really think he’s got it. Just needs time on a line. Heinen can play anywhere but I wouldn’t mind seeing him at center. He plays a smart game and can move. Donato needs to go down. Where have you heard that. Wonder what Don and BruinsNetwork think of him still up?

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I’m a fan of Bjork and Heinen both. I’m kind of puzzled at some of the lines. Bjork reminds me of a younger Pastrnak. I really think he’s got it. Just needs time on a line. Heinen can play anywhere but I wouldn’t mind seeing him at center. He plays a smart game and can move. Donato needs to go down. Where have you heard that. Wonder what Don and BruinsNetwork think of him still up?
I thought Donato was their best player against the Habs,just not sure what to do with him,that shot of his.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Debrusk with Marchy and Bergy. An intriguing option. Maybe it'll take off.

And maybe Heinen and Pasta find something beautiful in working together....one can only hope. I've given up hoping for the third line to get scoring sooner or later.

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
You have a good 4th line on the team in Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner. It's line 3 that needs to be fixed, the wings are not a threat offensively and are soft defensively and Nordstrom hasn't played center in 4 years, never mind the 3rd line. Slide Nordstrom down and rebuild line 3 completely. If Donato and Bjork weren't on the PP last night, you would have never noticed either. Both were benched for the 2nd period last night.

No No, My problem is Kuraly and Acciari playing together for the past , God how long?? I'm sure we can do better than those 2 on 4th line. they give so little, should be easy to find young kids extra excited to show they can produce SOMETHING..

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
You really need to visit the “Happy Puppy” thread and get some positive vibes.

I’m not sure how you can sit there and say unequivocally, “we just don’t have enough talent”.

First, and most importantly, Cassidy has not let Pasta play with Krejci for any amount of time, so there is no way to tell if there is enough talent. Second, it has always bugged me when people include themselves in the narrative with the “we” stuff.

You are better than that (I think) :laugh:

Personally, I am a believer in the “pair” philosophy and feel like:

63-37-XX
XX-46-88

Combined with one of the youngsters (or maybe even Backes if healthy) would work and give the B’s scoring from their Top 6.

If you wanted to think outside the box a bit and maybe even be able to ice three good lines, try something like this:

63-37-17
10-46-88
43-XX-74

As another poster said, in no way, shape or form, do I feel like Donato has earned it, but the B’s seem intent on keeping him in the NHL. I would like to see the 3C spot addressed, preferably from the outside. If not, try Cave or Frederic there and see how they look.

Now is the time to figure this stuff out.

"We" bugs you? Y'mean , it also bugs you when a newspaper prints a headline such as "WE WIN!!!"?

It must also really, really bug you, then, when the "Royal We" is used, (e.g., "We are not amused...")

But, ok, on second thought, you're right, "I" am better than that; I'll revise. "I" have enough talent at what I do, but "THEY" (the Bruins) do not.

OK, back to the matter at hand: Sure, in theory, the "pair" philosophy could work. In our case, we really have no choice but to employ it. But, while a one "awesome" line/3 JAG line team is not hard to stop; a two "good" line/2 JAG line team is not all that much harder to stop. And I think we're in dreamland to think we can ice a decent 3 line team at this point.

For me the question is: When does the panic button get pushed? Is it a temporal thing (i.e., after Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year, etc.)? Or is it a points/standings thing?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad