GDT: Game 12: Colorado Avalanche Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 3:00PM | Happy Nevada Day

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It's the same **** as last season, which is the most frustrating thing.
And I'll say what I said last year. It's time for Turk to stop being the players' friend. If his public statements are any indication, he's very often oblivious to problem spots with this team or at least shrugs them off as no big deal. These players need to start being held accountable for this weak stretch of performances.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
And I'll say what I said last year. It's time for Turk to stop being the players' friend. If his public statements are any indication, he's very often oblivious to problem spots with this team or at least shrugs them off as no big deal. These players need to start being held accountable for this weak stretch of performances.
They need to have someone be the bull... my patience is starting to wear thin.

Reactions: VegasKnightlife

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

Babcock is probably available soon if that was what they were looking for, but that isn't working well for the Leafs either.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Babcock is probably available soon if that was what they were looking for, but that isn't working well for the Leafs either.
I'm not suggesting we fire Gallant yet. I've lost some patience with some of his decision making and the inability to coach out some recurring problems that have gone back to last year, but something's gotta give. This cannot be entirely the fault of not having Schmidt.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I'm not suggesting we fire Gallant yet. I've lost some patience with some of his decision making and the inability to coach out some recurring problems that have gone back to last year, but something's gotta give. This cannot be entirely the fault of not having Schmidt.
I mean to my mind his seat is heating... but it's not hot yet.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I mean to my mind his seat is heating... but it's not hot yet.
Yeah that's how I see it as well. The guy pulled off something incredible in the inaugural season but then the whole league copied his game plan and he hasn't adjusted.

And he really gives off this sense that he's a guy that wants to be a player's coach, but sometimes you need to come down on your team to get them to get their shit together. There's too much talent on this team for them to be playing this poorly.

Reactions: hangman005

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

I think Gallant won't be fired even if we miss the playoffs. Ownership has a lot of loyalty to him, as they should.

Bigger question is if a big trade could be incoming. A big forward for a big defender, our defense has not helped the forward group at all.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
And to add to that, if this is more of a losing season than anything else, it only makes my concerns with how Glass has been handled that much worse. Bad enough to develop an intended top line center on a third line wing but then do it on a losing team?
I think Gallant won't be fired even if we miss the playoffs. Ownership has a lot of loyalty to him, as they should.

Bigger question is if a big trade could be incoming. A big forward for a big defender, our defense has not helped the forward group at all.
I mean if this team ends up in the league basement do you think he'd have that much leniency? If we spent the next two years in the basement?

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
And to add to that, if this is more of a losing season than anything else, it only makes my concerns with how Glass has been handled that much worse. Bad enough to develop an intended top line center on a third line wing but then do it on a losing team?

I mean if this team ends up in the league basement do you think he'd have that much leniency? If we spent the next two years in the basement?

I can not see any way they fire him this season. Not saying anything to if they should think about it or anything, they will not do it.

I could see them try to trade Stastny for defensive help. They shouldn't trade anyone else of our forward group. Move Glass to C and keep Eakin at 3C.

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Knights just look flat. Not going to lie, the defense is starting to look like the names on the back of the jersey. Holden and Englland are not names you see on a cup contender.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad