Post-Game Talk: GAME 11 - Les Bruins pondent un œuf de brontosaure à la maison - Poutineville 3 BRUINS 0 F

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I posted this in the trade proposals. With Debrusk, Heinen, Donato and Bjork all left shots and can play the left wing. Marchand would be ideal to deal and bring in that big young gun center,like a Monahan or Draisaitl.

Marchand still has great skill but if he can fetch a great return, which he should, I have no problem of dealing him. The Bruins are loaded on the left-side and being able to bring in a top-notch young Center, would make this team better.
Sorry trading Brad is STUPID. Good Lord. :thumbd:

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
Did ya fall into a coma too ? I was yawning most of the game.

3rd line woke me up at times with there pure will to win puck battles and try’d cycling for a setup.

The rest was stale and easy too read like are stand still PP, Defense as I should expect with injuries were terrible with the 1st pass forwards caught reaching witch turn to a chop play off the boards for most of the night.

Hey I get that Price is good but he wasn’t push into any real scrambles. Cake walk for most goalies 25ft wristers unscreened plz

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Sorry trading Brad is STUPID. Good Lord. :thumbd:

Not if it makes your team better.

Marchand is a great player no doubt but if the return makes you better, you make the move. I for one love him as a player but I can do without his antics and Id trade him in a heartbeat if it makes the Boston Bruins better.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Marchand is a great player no doubt but if the return makes you better, you make the move. I for one love him as a player but I can do without his antics and Id trade him in a heartbeat if it makes the Boston Bruins better.
Brad brings far more good than bad. That line is amazing and Brad is a key to their success.

Thankfully I know the B;s have NO plan to trade one of (if not the best) Wingers in the NHL. There are a couple making 7+ million that I would consider moving. Brad's effort is 100 % every shift.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010

Problem is who do you get that makes the team better once you lose Marchand? He's a GWG master, is part of the best all-around first line in the NHL, gets in the heads of opponents better than any other B, is absolutely elite when it comes to scoring points, and is important on special teams. Not to mention he has developed incredible chemistry with Bergy. There are a very minimal number of players in the NHL who are as good as Marchand, thus you likely are not making a one for one trade, but trading Marchy for multiple less talented players and/or picks. The Bs have been down the road of losing the best player in a trade for quantity over quality. Not a road I want to venture down when it comes to someone as highly coveted as Brad, and signed to a ridiculously cheap contract given his production. He was tied for 3rd in the NHL in assists entering tonight. He's had a couple bad games, but so does everyone. I don't see how in the world this team gets better by trading him when you consider how much they lose with him gone. Fill one hole, dig another.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
Wow that felt like such a Clode game. So boring. Honestly though, Price played great and it could've been a pretty comfortable Bruins win, maybe 4-1, 4-2, something like that, if they get a bounce or Price doesn't make one or two really good saves.

Still, this team needs more balance in their top 9. I propose they deal Acciari and a 7th for McDavid. Throw in Bjork if you need to sweeten the deal :sarcasm: What can I say, humour is a coping mechanism for me.

Reactions: BMC

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
I’m not worried about Bradly every goal scorer has slumps, he’s shown moments that he’s getting there, the signs of that for me is when he challenges to beat his man rather then dish it off now I’m not talking his extra fancy stuff like a couple of his spinorama to nobody but a turn over, I’m referring to his toe drag and quick body shifting to elude the defenders.

Reactions: bobbyorr04

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Problem is who do you get that makes the team better once you lose Marchand? He's a GWG master, is part of the best all-around first line in the NHL, gets in the heads of opponents better than any other B, is absolutely elite when it comes to scoring points, and is important on special teams. Not to mention he has developed incredible chemistry with Bergy. There are a very minimal number of players in the NHL who are as good as Marchand, thus you likely are not making a one for one trade, but trading Marchy for multiple less talented players and/or picks. The Bs have been down the road of losing the best player in a trade for quantity over quality. Not a road I want to venture down when it comes to someone as highly coveted as Brad, and signed to a ridiculously cheap contract given his production. He was tied for 3rd in the NHL in assists entering tonight. He's had a couple bad games, but so does everyone. I don't see how in the world this team gets better by trading him when you consider how much they lose with him gone. Fill one hole, dig another.

I agree with everything you said but If I could bring back a Monahan or Draisaitl one for one, Id do-it. A young top-talented center for yrs to come. No-way would I deal him for prospects /picks not a chance.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
If marchand is traded might as well trade Dk and Bergeron and rebuild . I've seen enough great young players here get traded for garbage. Louis was garbage and I recall how some not here made him out the be such a good trade because he was a two way player blah blah ... Anyways point being
If we trade March trade the vets too and rebuild and make absolutely sure we get good to great youngsters..We cannot **CK that up..we just can't. Or keep all these players hope and cross fingers that some of these youngsters can develop and into elite or close to elite players

Reactions: bobbyorr04

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Brad brings far more good than bad. That line is amazing and Brad is a key to their success.

Thankfully I know the B;s have NO plan to trade one of (if not the best) Wingers in the NHL. There are a couple making 7+ million that I would consider moving. Brad's effort is 100 % every shift.

Brad’s effort is not 100% every shift, but I otherwise agree.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Not mad at the loss as Price was great, but I wonder, is the rivalry dead? Because that snoozefest had all the passion and energy of a preseason split squad baseball game, if that.

Tortorella's comments earlier in the week described this game perfectly.

Reactions: pgm16

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I agree with everything you said but If I could bring back a Monahan or Draisaitl one for one, Id do-it. A young top-talented center for yrs to come. No-way would I deal him for prospects /picks not a chance.
That’s addition bye subtraction and don’t see how it helps.

Reactions: Ladyfan

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Pathetic game and I'm ready to go with Halak full time.

Tuukka has a .922 save percentage his last 5 games and a .926 his last 4 games. Besides the one really bad game against Washington he had performed fairly well.

Not tuukka fault the offense scored zero goals tonight. Having Halák in net would not have changed the outcome of the game.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Giving it some thought. I hate Boston’s forward group.

Bergeron good. Pastrnak good. Debrusk good.

I’d listen to offers on every other one of them. Including Marchand who is a shell of himself right now.

iu

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Always find it hilarious when the offense scores zero goals and the goalie gives up 2 goals or less and the fans on this board come on here and say we need to go with halak over tuukka.

Tuukka was terrible against Washington, but he’s had a .922 save percentage since then and a .926 save percentage the last 4 games.

Don’t get me wrong halaks been outstanding, but people calling for rask to be benched after allowing 2 goals and the offense scoring zero goals is a bit much.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Aside from his newfound love of pugilistics, is there some part of his game that looks good to you right now?

Look, I know he’s one of the golden kids here. Frankly I don’t fall in love with players too often. Bergeron really is the only one for me I’d never, ever deal. Except maybe at the end if they’ve Bourque’d his career and he wanted to leave.

If you could turn a going on 31 year old Marchand into a mid twenties centre who can actually play in the league I’d do it in a heartbeat.

Is there one out there? Couldn’t tell you. Just saying I would listen to calls on players.

Would I do a trade today? Probably not. Would I lay the groundwork for something in January if their current play continues? Yup, I would.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Aside from his newfound love of pugilistics, is there some part of his game that looks good to you right now?

Look, I know he’s one of the golden kids here. Frankly I don’t fall in love with players too often. Bergeron really is the only one for me I’d never, ever deal. Except maybe at the end if they’ve Bourque’d his career and he wanted to leave.

If you could turn a going on 31 year old Marchand into a mid twenties centre who can actually play in the league I’d do it in a heartbeat.

Is there one out there? Couldn’t tell you. Just saying I would listen to calls on players.

Would I do a trade today? Probably not. Would I lay the groundwork for something in January if their current play continues? Yup, I would.

13 pts and nothing looks good for you right now? Why cause he only has 2 goals?
I take March as he is that's what makes him who he is. If someone tries to tamper with one aspect of his game I e "his antics" you may discover it may very well affect
Other aspects of his game. That's the Marchand package and im ok with it just fine. ...Now if they can trade him as you say for a star ( I'd like to hear some examples) then I'd listen but that goes for every player on the roster but the likelihood that we get the player(s) that I consider worth are while for March are unlikely. And again though if you consider trading March then look into trading the other vets too and rebuild . they'd have to get some real hotshot youngsters imo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad