Post-Game Talk: GAME 11 - Les Bruins pondent un œuf de brontosaure à la maison - Poutineville 3 BRUINS 0 F

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
We can't continue with this unbalanced offence. Shuffle players, break up the 1st (as has already been suggested), etc...but this one-trick pony won't last long.
No it wont for numerous reasons.

The other teams come in preparing to shut-down the Bergeron line knowing they have pretty good odds on winning. Its way too much to ask for one line to go out and give it their all and pull out a win in an 82 game schedule and expect them them to be healthy and energized for a long playoff run. . Their marked and teams play hard minutes against them, which can result in injuries, maybe not one that will keep them out of the line-up but nagging ones that continue to get worse and slow them down. Its simply too much to ask.

I dont care if their winning right now. Its pretty obvious and has been for a while now. That this team needs some offenseive help and with the slew of quality NHL defenseman they have, Sweeney should be able to make a deal to improve the Bruins and make sure he gives Bergeron,Pasta and Marchand the help they need, which would also give them best chance of being healthy and rested for the playoffs.

Reactions: Strafer

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Yes you do need a save but ONE GOAL 9 mins into a game should not ever deflat a team, if it does there are some big issues, there is still 50 mins of hockey left. That goal had nothing to do with the effort of the team, their effort was the same after the goal as it was before the goal, non existent!

Maybe you don't think it should, but it looked like it did. I mean less than 2 minutes later the team is scrambling and boom there is another goal (not Rask's fault). This team last year seemed to thrive playing from behind. So far to start this season, this team doesn't have that same mentality.

Look I'm not saying this game is 100% on Rask. All I'm saying is that 1st goal seemed to be a back breaker. Whether you think it should be a back breaker or not, well that doesn't mean much. I didn't think it should've been a back breaker, but again what I saw on the ice afterwords tells it me it kind of was.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruins can’t solve Carey Price and Canadiens - The Boston Globe

The Montreal Canadiens don’t have the top-end talent of a Stanley Cup contender, but their formula is working so far. The Canadiens put another early-season feather in their fedoras Saturday night at TD Garden, collecting a 3-0 win over their old rivals, the Bruins.
The Habs kept their legs moving, scored two goals in 81 seconds in the first period, and leaned on netminder Carey Price (34 saves).
Seemingly simple stuff for the Bruins to overcome, but when their top line of Patrice Bergeron, Brad Marchand and David Pastrnak (10 shots, no goals) can’t make up for defensive mishaps and miscues by Tuukka Rask, Boston (6-3-2) will lose to teams less composed than Montreal.
When Price is so good, Montreal will be tough to beat. There were no “Carey, Carey” chants from the crowd, only grumbling and scattered boos for the Bruins’ listless performance. And before Jordie Benn’s bank-shot empty-netter from his own end with 29 seconds left, some “Ole, Ole” from the visiting patrons.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Rask’s only fault tonight is that he didn’t score.

giphy.gif

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Maybe you don't think it should, but it looked like it did. I mean less than 2 minutes later the team is scrambling and boom there is another goal (not Rask's fault). This team last year seemed to thrive playing from behind. So far to start this season, this team doesn't have that same mentality.

Look I'm not saying this game is 100% on Rask. All I'm saying is that 1st goal seemed to be a back breaker. Whether you think it should be a back breaker or not, well that doesn't mean much. I didn't think it should've been a back breaker, but again what I saw on the ice afterwords tells it me it kind of was.
We will agree to disagree on the first goal, but I agree it wasn’t the best. But the bright side is, it is only ten games in and their record so far this season is way better than the same time last year. Sometimes we tend to over value one game and what it means. After an effort, or lack thereof tonight, the most important thing is how they respond Tuesday against a very good Canes team.

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
The guys on the Canadian broadcast suggested that the first goal would have been stopped with the old equipment, and that Rask didn't make the necessary movement on that goal to compensate for the smaller equipment. Maybe that's true, maybe it's not. Either way, Halak is using the same size equipment and outperforming Rask. Tuukka better adjust fast if it's an equipment issue. I don't think it is, though. He just seems to lose focus at times.
Interesting. I remember someone talking in the offseason about which goalies will have a tougher time and Tuukka definitely could fit the frame. I know Matt Murray and other lanky goalies were highlighted. Tuukka is 6'3" 175, Halak is 5'11" 185. Losing a good amount of mass (in equipment) definitely could definitely compound issues he is having. Hopefully he figures it out fast.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I wonder how much the change in goalie equipment is affecting rask. It’s one thing if he’s in a slump and can snap out of it, but if he’s struggling because of equipment changes, that might have a longer term impact and would really concern me.

That's like saying that the bad ice affected the Bruins but not the other team that they're playing... Bad ice, equipment changes that are mandated by the league etc affects everyone. Tired of the tired excuses for this primadonna.

Reactions: fin8 and TCB

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Bergeron Line
In Wins - 6GP / 17G / 22A
In Losses - 5GP / 3G / 3A

The only game we've won without scoring from this line was against PHI.
Wow. Similar to last year's playoffs. Living and dying with the first line. Had all summer to fix some things. Hopefully we won't get to the playoffs and be saying had all season to fix some things.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
We will agree to disagree on the first goal, but I agree it wasn’t the best. But the bright side is, it is only ten games in and their record so far this season is way better than the same time last year. Sometimes we tend to over value one game and what it means. After an effort, or lack thereof tonight, the most important thing is how they respond Tuesday against a very good Canes team.

LOL well then you're disagree with Rask because he himself said in his interview that after the goal it took the team some time to get going again...but hey think what you want.

As for the rest, you seem like you think I'm overvaluing or panicking and I'm not lol. I'm still confident that this team will end up as one of the top teams in the East. Things are a little rough right now, but once they get rolling things will be fine. We're down half of our defense and our entire bottom six has no previous experience with one another. Chemistry isn't built in 10-11 games and its going to take guys some time to really figure out their linemates game and what their role on the line is. You need a good 20-25 games to get a feel for what you have.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Wow. Similar to last year's playoffs. Living and dying with the first line. Had all summer to fix some things. Hopefully we won't get to the playoffs and be saying had all season to fix some things.

I mean in fairness they tried lol. They were in on Kovy, in on JT. I think they'll be alright when all is said and done.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I mean in fairness they tried lol. They were in on Kovy, in on JT. I think they'll be alright when all is said and done.
Yep, long season. Plenty of time for a couple of the kids to step up and start producing. If not then the secondary scoring issue absolutely must be addressed at some point.

Reactions: BMC

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Honestly wasn’t much different than Philly game. Low event hockey and one team converted on their few chances. Hoping that McAvoy and Krug can increase the offense.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
That's like saying that the bad ice affected the Bruins but not the other team that they're playing... Bad ice, equipment changes that are mandated by the league etc affects everyone. Tired of the tired excuses for this primadonna.

The one thing that has always has bothered me about Rask, is the demeanor and the body language he shows towards his teamates after a goal is scored, as if he's putting the blame on his teammates when things go bad.

Rask has had the good fortune of having some great defensive play in front of him over the yrs. Teams coached by Juilen, who if your not accountable defensively your in the press-box.He's been an above average goalie for the most part but I dont see him as the guy who will help bring home another cup. Too many soft goals at the wrong times.

I dont know if Halak is the answer but I feel he's a better option than Rask is, and if their both healthy and fresh come playoff time I like the Bruins chances a lot more with Halak in net.

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
Its not an excuse. If anything, its the opposite. Changes will effect certain players and certain playstyles differently. If the equipment change is affecting his play so badly and he won't be able to adapt, thats a real concern moving forward.

Also, what has tuukka rask done to become a primadonna? Missed that part.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
No one had a good night on the B's. They were all off.

Stinky game all around.

Tuukka has to be better.

Long ride home.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
So, no need to gauge the team until 15 games in but...

Has this team beaten a team above .500? Or more specifically, has this team beat a team that wasn’t bottom 10 in the league last year?

Reactions: Strafer

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
My god just game in from the game, It was honestly the most boring sporting event i've been to in years, very disappointed in my Bruins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad