Post-Game Talk: GAME 11 - Les Bruins pondent un œuf de brontosaure à la maison - Poutineville 3 BRUINS 0 F

Thomas 11

Apr 15, 2018
Alberta Beach, Alberta
Sorry, Rask is squarely to blame for this loss. Yes the Bruins sleepwalked through this game. But Rask made zero saves to allow them time to get going. Horrible 1st goal( almost a given with Rask this year)& the 2nd one wasn’t so great either. Sometimes your goalie needs to make some saves to allow his team to get their legs. Simply put Halak has done a better job at that, than Rask.

Shawn Perry

Feb 26, 2018
I read all these posts some saying Price wasn’t really tested, others saying Bruins could have easily won 4-1 or something, and that Rask’s poor play cost the bruins the game. Other than shots, which can be a dubious measurement tool, the bruins were out-hit, lost more face offs than they won, and got out-hustled. When your top line finishes -2, and your blue line is anchored by a 41 year old, there are no excuses or fingers to point...there is only navel gazing to do.

Demon Eyes

Nov 29, 2014
Guys need to get harder on the puck, play with a little more aggressiveness and play like that actually give a crap. You would have thought this team was the one that played an 18 inning baseball game last night...
They were probably up right till the end of the game.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Sorry, Rask is squarely to blame for this loss. Yes the Bruins sleepwalked through this game. But Rask made zero saves to allow them time to get going. Horrible 1st goal( almost a given with Rask this year)& the 2nd one wasn’t so great either. Sometimes your goalie needs to make some saves to allow his team to get their legs. Simply put Halak has done a better job at that, than Rask.
Rask is the reason they scored no goals.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
So, no need to gauge the team until 15 games in but...

Has this team beaten a team above .500? Or more specifically, has this team beat a team that wasn’t bottom 10 in the league last year?

Yep, thought the same thing last night actually.

Too early to look too hard at anything yet but it seems like a trend starting to form.

October’s their softest month schedule wise so we’ll see what happens when they have to play actual good teams, let alone teams occassionally above .500.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Yes, the first goal was soft but pro athletes bounce back, like last season. The mentality last year was amazing so the moping about a goal doesn't make sense. They had almost the entire game ahead of them but they shot from the perimeter and stayed out of the slot. Just a lazy game all around and it seemed the Habs were out hitting them all night.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Thought I time travelled back to the Clode era where the team looked like garbage and fired peripheral shots on Price all night. Just a gross effort all around, from the net out.

I actually do understand why Bruce would start Rask in this one, even if I wanted to see Halak. I’m sure he thought the pressure from Halak’s play and the Habs would light a fire under him and motivate him to have a big game. As much as I’ve had enough of the guy, a goalie contraversy is not ideal long term. But **** if there was anything stopping you from giving Halak the reins until he falls off I hope that’s done watching his body language last night after another soft goal per game effort.

Yes it’s not his fault no one scored but he is still responsible for his play and shouldn’t get a free pass if the forwards didn’t do their job.

Reactions: Strafer

40Armia

Oct 8, 2018
Yep, thought the same thing last night actually.

Too early to look too hard at anything yet but it seems like a trend starting to form.

October’s their softest month schedule wise so we’ll see what happens when they have to play actual good teams, let alone teams occassionally above .500.

Habs are well above .500 just saying.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012

Not arguing that Halak has been better than Rask, but blaming the goalie for the loss because he let in a softie 10 minutes into the game is just a weak excuse.

For how long does a goalie have to shutout the opponent in order for his own team to "get going" so he doesn't take any blame? 20 minutes?50 minutes?

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Tuukka has a .922 save percentage his last 5 games and a .926 his last 4 games. Besides the one really bad game against Washington he had performed fairly well.

Not tuukka fault the offense scored zero goals tonight. Having Halák in net would not have changed the outcome of the game.
Not all Tuukka's fault but he was not good last night as was anyone on the team. He is being paid to be an elite net minder.

MetM

Nov 29, 2009

Imagine if next game Halak lets in 4-5 goals or a few soft ones... we will suddenly all start crying, out of options.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Both teams were kind of flat tonight, no intensity at all. Maybe they used it all against Philly. Win on Tuesday, get a few days to get ready for Nashville

I don’t think the hockey itself was much different. More physical stuff in the Philly game but both featured a slow brand of hockey.

I don’t love “expected goals” but right now your Boston Bruins have the lowest expected goals for + expected goals allowed in the league. The Bruins are playing the most boring brand of hockey in the NHL so far and Julien was happy to play along.

Hope the pace changes when Krug and McAvoy are back in the lineup.

Reactions: Sheppy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad