Post-Game Talk: GAME 11 - Les Bruins pondent un œuf de brontosaure à la maison - Poutineville 3 BRUINS 0 F

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
If the entire team faltered on one goal, scored in the first period, the the game is on everyone but the goaltender, they are obviously mentally SOFT.

And maybe they are, but it wasn't just "one goal" like you make it seem. It was a very soft goal from a poor angle. Lets also be honest, Rask hasn't been great this year and if we know it, you can bet its probably in the players mind as well. IDK what you do for work, but imagine having that person who seems to always screw something up and it drags everyone else down because they know it'll affect their work. This is honestly no different. It also doesn't help the mindset when you have a guy like Halak who has just been a wall for you. Now granted (and I've mentioned this in the Halak thread), he hasn't exactly faced some good offensive teams. Even still, Halak seems to be able to make the saves he should AND bail the team out. Right now Rask just isn't able to do that consistently.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Well that wasn’t what I was hoping to see once I finally walked in the door tonight thinking I’d have a nice beat down to watch....nope. Not even gonna go back and watch the condensed. Am off to go watch Ducks football instead. Help me. I’m becoming a college football fan. It’s horrifying.

Reactions: BMC

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I really don't get all the massive negativity. The Habs only had about 3 minutes of sustained pressure the entire game and about three scoring chances. All this considering we are missing three of our top 6 defenseman. Price made several great saves. It wasn't really that bad people.

But....it was against the habs!

so.....

iu

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
And maybe they are, but it wasn't just "one goal" like you make it seem. It was a very soft goal from a poor angle. Lets also be honest, Rask hasn't been great this year and if we know it, you can bet its probably in the players mind as well. IDK what you do for work, but imagine having that person who seems to always screw something up and it drags everyone else down because they know it'll affect their work. This is honestly no different. It also doesn't help the mindset when you have a guy like Halak who has just been a wall for you. Now granted (and I've mentioned this in the Halak thread), he hasn't exactly faced some good offensive teams. Even still, Halak seems to be able to make the saves he should AND bail the team out. Right now Rask just isn't able to do that consistently.

No goalie can bail out a 1 line team long term.

Reactions: Hamilton Brian

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
Haha, and when one of the stars was 0,0, -1. Montreal other than Price didn't even play that great of a game. Gallagher's goal was due to pure **** goaltending and the second one was due to a trash team effort. Nobody else on Montreal looked impressive. Just a dismal effort from the Bs.
Yup. Truly just an ugly game. It stings worse because it was the habs, but Im not losing my mind over it.

That second goal though... everyone saw the arm go up and waited for the whistle. Sad effort there from your first line and first pairing. That type of play concerns me most.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Hardly time to panic, and ya it was just one goal. I was hoping right up til 1 Jul that they would sign Halak, praying actually, but it had nothing to do with Rask, I just felt Halak was far superior to Kubodin. I bet if you took every player aside after tonight’s game not one would blame Rask, not one. Everyone is a pro for a reason and they would quickly admit they were net engaged tonight, not a single skater. When Donato looks better than that your entire first line, you have bigger issues that your goalie giving up one “soft” goal.

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
I wonder how much the change in goalie equipment is affecting rask. It’s one thing if he’s in a slump and can snap out of it, but if he’s struggling because of equipment changes, that might have a longer term impact and would really concern me.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
The first goal was pathetic. Even for a peewee. Pathetic.

The second wasnt. It was what it was. A scrambling D that had lost control. A normal NHL goal.

The second goal was on everyone, yes, but in the actual moment of the goal Rask had no control over his positioning I thought at the time. As small as possible and the puck went right by him.

I've supported him a long time but something is not right with him this year.

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
Nothing clicked tonight and they didn't seem up for the game. Donato seemed to be only one with the bit between his teeth. Thing is the Habs weren't particularly good either, any other night and the Bruins would have won that very easily. Shame.

It was great being back in the Garden though, especially this time as an actual fan. We are really glad we made the trip. I just wish I remembered to pack some of the old Irish luck with me before I left home.

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC and Sevendust

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Total crap for the most part tonight but the Kid Lauzon, played another solid game and showed he belongs. Donato played awesome as well. At times I thought he was Marchand out there. He was thinking one move ahead of the play all-night.

Reactions: ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
The second goal was on everyone, yes, but in the actual moment of the goal Rask had no control over his positioning I thought at the time. As small as possible and the puck went right by him.

Look I wouldnt even have had him in there tonight. Im a big believer in the hot player regardless of salary.

But in regard to what a soft or not soft goal is I also dont find ghoulies where there are none.

Also, anyone who claims that a goal or an error or a turnover or a pick 6 in the first quarter of a game causes a team to just give up then I submit that individual never played an organized sport of any level. Or at least once their baby teeth had been replaced.
Thats more mind blowing to me tonight than anything.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I wonder how much the change in goalie equipment is affecting rask. It’s one thing if he’s in a slump and can snap out of it, but if he’s struggling because of equipment changes, that might have a longer term impact and would really concern me.
The guys on the Canadian broadcast suggested that the first goal would have been stopped with the old equipment, and that Rask didn't make the necessary movement on that goal to compensate for the smaller equipment. Maybe that's true, maybe it's not. Either way, Halak is using the same size equipment and outperforming Rask. Tuukka better adjust fast if it's an equipment issue. I don't think it is, though. He just seems to lose focus at times.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario

I bet rask is gone in a month. Did you guys see Cassidy face he looked if he was wondering if he should go for eno or exlax. Sweeney must be furious. He's taking calls tomorrow morning.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Prices contract is only bad if you are trying to trade him! Which they are not because he is their Bergeron. This was a typical Clode game , get a lead and sit on it and hope for a win, which you have a better chance with Price than you would with a goalie you can score on from the corner and who kills your PP by screwing with the puck then taking a penalty! I have said for 5 years that Rask handling the puck is a glorious scoring chance for the for the opposition, and the coach doesn't stop him from doing it or at least hiring a goalie coach to teach him how to handle it.
You just can't imagine how disheartening it is for a team when your goalie continues to let in soft goals and at the worst possible time. If I were Cassidy, Halak would not come out of the net till he crapped the bed or you have back to back games.

Abso- ****ing-lutely!

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Hardly time to panic, and ya it was just one goal. I was hoping right up til 1 Jul that they would sign Halak, praying actually, but it had nothing to do with Rask, I just felt Halak was far superior to Kubodin. I bet if you took every player aside after tonight’s game not one would blame Rask, not one. Everyone is a pro for a reason and they would quickly admit they were net engaged tonight, not a single skater. When Donato looks better than that your entire first line, you have bigger issues that your goalie giving up one “soft” goal.

I'm not panicking lol.

And of course no player is going to blame Rask, just like when Rask was getting left out to dry last year he wouldn't blame the defense lol. Just because they don't say it doesn't mean they are not thinking it. Do you really think a player is going to blast another teammate in an televised interview? There were a lot of issues tonight, that's not really a secret to anyone in here lol. That soft goal 9 minutes into the game 100% didn't help this team though. Again I'm a big Rask supporter, he's easily my favorite player...at the end of the day though that soft goal had a pretty big impact on the rest of the game. Now weather that means the team is mentality soft or were a one line team or whatever else you want to bring up, those are different discussions. Lets not try to downplay that early goal Rask allowed. It was a piss poor effort by everyone, but when you have games where the team in front of you isn't struggling, you need those routine saves.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Ya I think Domi fanning on his first shot attempt screwed up Rask timing and as he tried to readjust the puck (from what it looked like on TV) went between his arm and body.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
I'm not panicking lol.

And of course no player is going to blame Rask, just like when Rask was getting left out to dry last year he wouldn't blame the defense lol. Just because they don't say it doesn't mean they are not thinking it. Do you really think a player is going to blast another teammate in an televised interview? There were a lot of issues tonight, that's not really a secret to anyone in here lol. That soft goal 9 minutes into the game 100% didn't help this team though. Again I'm a big Rask supporter, he's easily my favorite player...at the end of the day though that soft goal had a pretty big impact on the rest of the game. Now weather that means the team is mentality soft or were a one line team or whatever else you want to bring up, those are different discussions. Lets not try to downplay that early goal Rask allowed. It was a piss poor effort by everyone, but when you have games where the team in front of you isn't struggling, you need those routine saves.
Yes you do need a save but ONE GOAL 9 mins into a game should not ever deflat a team, if it does there are some big issues, there is still 50 mins of hockey left. That goal had nothing to do with the effort of the team, their effort was the same after the goal as it was before the goal, non existent!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->