Post-Game Talk: GAME 11 - Les Bruins pondent un œuf de brontosaure à la maison - Poutineville 3 BRUINS 0 F

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Last year being an exception, the B's have customarily fallen flat in this early season visit by Montreal, enough so that I wagered on the Habs tonight.

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
754E8652-B75D-44D5-92FF-AD76CF9D04EE.gif

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
the offense sucks.
and rask put them in the hole with his daily softy.
they need to send some guys down and give cehlarik a try with krejci.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
I really don't get all the massive negativity. The Habs only had about 3 minutes of sustained pressure the entire game and about three scoring chances. All this considering we are missing three of our top 6 defenseman. Price made several great saves. It wasn't really that bad people.
At the end of the day nobody asks how was the perfomace. A loss is a loss, especially when you play against crap team at home.

Reactions: Strafer

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Is Winnik still playing hockey, heck even Stemp would give a better effort. If no goals were scored it would still go into a shoot out, so there is that

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Giving up on kids with less than 100 games under their belt...sounds like a great plan

Then again were the group that complains that we trade young talented players and never let the kids play, but then complain about the kids when the do play and are not superstars from day 1.
Compete level isnt learning the pro game, it's a character failure.

Reactions: Strafer

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Didn’t seem like the Bergeron line worked at all. Like they didn’t fight for pucks. Big negative for me.

Team no show on a Saturday against our rivals. This one is on Coaching + Goaltending. Halak for president, Cassidy needs to talk to his team about compete and rising to the task. Rask shouldn’t play until Halak starts to slip.

The worst part was our d structure tonight was really good...

Great points on everything.:clap:

Bergy line just didn't seem to fight for those loose pucks. The way they should of. Its almost as if things are going so good, they feel like all they need to do is, lace up their skates to be successful.

Cassidy not doubt should of made sure this team was fired up. Its the freak-en Montreal Canadiens! Enough said!

Rask not playing until Halak slips might too much to ask though, but I see no problem with playing him 2 out of every 3 games.

Rask doesn't deserve the number one spot. Halak is out playing him by a wide margin, right now. I wouldn't miss Rask demeanor he exhibits after a goal is scored along with that Body language that says it was somebody's else fault, he was scored on. .....Oh ya and I wont miss those softies he seems let in way to often......

Last edited:
Reactions: veganbruin

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Rask was fine. The 1 line strategy is bunk

Rask gave up two, which is fine... but he didn't look great, he gave up the first goal which was soft and that can't happen. However, they definitely need some changes. They need a RW to drive line 2, or they need a 3C, but really a 2C to drive that line and bump Krejci down to the 3rd. Also, they need their D healthy.... but yea, far from just Rask. I expect a fairly major trade within the next month to address some issues

Reactions: KrejciMVP

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
Our transition from defence to offence tonight was terrible . Almost to be expected when McAvoy, Krug and Miller are out of the lineup. You can only pull off miracles with a Band-Aid defence for so long. Hopefully at least Krug and Mac are back next week

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Looks like we need Krug after all, we miss him lugging it out and supporting the lines up the ice, no other dee can do that

Reactions: pgm16

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Oh it's one game, we have injuries and are far from a complete team. Points are always at a premium but I'm not too worried. Gryz is certainly not the Krug replacement some claim that's for sure.

Reactions: chizzler

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Rask lost this game and really needs to do something to get his head in his job.

The Bruins as a whole were an embarrassing pile of **** tonight too. Boring, terrible game.

Once we have a few NHL defensemen that may help but we still have 1.3 NHL scoring lines.
Lol, Rask gives up two goals, gets ZERO GOAL SUPPORT and people still want to blame him for the game. Missing 50% of your starting d corps is the main reason, zero transition and PP has no one to replace Krug. Let’s move on and remember it is a long season.

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
Probably, however Price's contract is godawful. Rask's is bad too, but Price's one is albatross
Prices contract is only bad if you are trying to trade him! Which they are not because he is their Bergeron. This was a typical Clode game , get a lead and sit on it and hope for a win, which you have a better chance with Price than you would with a goalie you can score on from the corner and who kills your PP by screwing with the puck then taking a penalty! I have said for 5 years that Rask handling the puck is a glorious scoring chance for the for the opposition, and the coach doesn't stop him from doing it or at least hiring a goalie coach to teach him how to handle it.
You just can't imagine how disheartening it is for a team when your goalie continues to let in soft goals and at the worst possible time. If I were Cassidy, Halak would not come out of the net till he crapped the bed or you have back to back games.

Reactions: Wooren and Strafer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad