Post-Game Talk: GAME 11 - Les Bruins pondent un œuf de brontosaure à la maison - Poutineville 3 BRUINS 0 F

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Lol, Rask gives up two goals, gets ZERO GOAL SUPPORT and people still want to blame him for the game. Missing 50% of your starting d corps is the main reason, zero transition and PP has no one to replace Krug. Let’s move on and remember it is a long season.

No... those were two terrible goals for an NHL goalie. That is on him. The 0 goals is on the Bruins. We've made enough excuses for him.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Lol, Rask gives up two goals, gets ZERO GOAL SUPPORT and people still want to blame him for the game. Missing 50% of your starting d corps is the main reason, zero transition and PP has no one to replace Krug. Let’s move on and remember it is a long season.

I mean to be fair I'm pretty sure Montreal had about 3 total scoring chances that game. We didn't score but one thing is for sure, Price had too work much harder for that game compared to Rask and he certainly did. Plus Rask had a tripping penalty to negate a late PP to get back in the game.

Reactions: Strafer

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Compete level isnt learning the pro game, it's a character failure.

part of it is learning what it takes to compete in the NHL level. Guys like Bjork and Donato are pretty much fresh out of college and what was considered "competing" at that level isn't enough at the NHL level. It took a guy like Pasta until really this year before he fully understood what it took to compete in a full 200ft effort.

sportsvg

Dec 24, 2014
Ontario
Fell back into a d to d breakout instead of pushing the play forward, not surprising with the state of the defence. Really hard to get any offence going against a Claude team once they are set up.

Price was good refs were brutal, can’t get Krug and Charlie back soon enough. On to the next one.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Look for those who know my track record, I'm a massive Rask support...at the end of the day though the soft goal killed this team. Then it was followed up by poor team defense and within minutes the team was down 2-0. The 1st goal was on Rask and it was the linchpin of tonight's poor play.

Reactions: LouJersey

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Look for those who know my track record, I'm a massive Rask support...at the end of the day though the soft goal killed this team. Then it was followed up by poor team defense and within minutes the team was down 2-0. The 1st goal was on Rask and it was the linchpin of tonight's poor play.
If the entire team faltered on one goal, scored in the first period, the the game is on everyone but the goaltender, they are obviously mentally SOFT.

Save By Thomas

Jive Turkey
Nov 12, 2011
The armpit of California

Obviously, with the offence not even potting one this loss isn't all Rask's fault but both goals he gave up were terrible. The first was an absolute joke and the second could have easily been stopped if he just stays in his net and stops with the Tim Thomas impersonation.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Tbis post is what makes you one of the best posters here and how it should be around here. It’s ok to call things what they are, honestly. Well done

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
I mean to be fair I'm pretty sure Montreal had about 3 total scoring chances that game. We didn't score but one thing is for sure, Price had too work much harder for that game compared to Rask and he certainly did. Plus Rask had a tripping penalty to negate a late PP to get back in the game.
Rask’s only fault tonight is that he didn’t score.

Reactions: Emerz

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2018-10-27_22-22-22.png

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Bjork also has to actually drag hes skates when it's a play that close at the line, he made no effort to try and stay onside at all, that was disappointing. Donato deserved a goal for his effort tonight.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
No... those were two terrible goals for an NHL goalie. That is on him. The 0 goals is on the Bruins. We've made enough excuses for him.
Donato put a puck behind Price tonight in the exact same spot, nothing said, regardless if it was offside. If your goalie only gives up two goals in a game you should be able to win. But let’s not point fingers at Pasta, March, Bergy or Debrusk because they were lights out tonight.

Last edited:

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
Both teams were kind of flat tonight, no intensity at all. Maybe they used it all against Philly. Win on Tuesday, get a few days to get ready for Nashville

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
You know it was an ugly game when they only budget 2 and a half stars for it.
Haha, and when one of the stars was 0,0, -1. Montreal other than Price didn't even play that great of a game. Gallagher's goal was due to pure shit goaltending and the second one was due to a trash team effort. Nobody else on Montreal looked impressive. Just a dismal effort from the Bs.

Reactions: Strafer and maxbme

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Obviously, with the offence not even potting one this loss isn't all Rask's fault but both goals he gave up were terrible. The first was an absolute joke and the second could have easily been stopped if he just stays in his net and stops with the Tim Thomas impersonation.
The first goal is a very common goal in the NHL today, Crosby did it twice last week alone in on game, it is not a joke. Donato scored on price in the same spot, no mention of that, just the hate talking. Score some goals and it won’t be an issue.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Giving it some thought. I hate Boston’s forward group.

Bergeron good. Pastrnak good. Debrusk good.

I’d listen to offers on every other one of them. Including Marchand who is a shell of himself right now.

I posted this in the trade proposals. With Debrusk, Heinen, Donato and Bjork all left shots and can play the left wing. Marchand would be ideal to deal and bring in that big young gun center,like a Monahan or Draisaitl.

Marchand still has great skill but if he can fetch a great return, which he should, I have no problem of dealing him. The Bruins are loaded on the left-side and being able to bring in a top-notch young Center, would make this team better.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I'm sorry guys but it's quite evident we ride Halak all year and spot duty rask. Donny needs to trade rask and get a forward and a cheaper backup for Halak. I've seen this movie so many times with rask letting softies deflating the entire team and rink. Management i bet are calling teams right now. I bet Philly on top of list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad