GDT: Game 11 - Chicago Blackhawks @ Raffi Torres

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
He was shaking hands. He was even thrown out that game and came back on the ice to join in handshake alley.

I was exaggerating. Still doesn't change my opinion on him.

Vip

Jul 25, 2010
I just hate the majority of the hawks fan base in general. All they do is take relocation shots at us. Going to games at the Job against CHI a few years ago, they were the most arrogant and cocky fans I have ever seen.

Yes our attendance sucks and yes we are a playoff team. Not having an owner obviously destroys our attendance figures. Hell, even TV ratings are way up, they just haven't committed yet. But it doesn't mean that our passionate fans are any more or less passionate than theirs.

Most of you guys will probably disagree with me and that's okay.

That being said, just get a W :rant:

Ben Eager

Feb 16, 2010
I'm from Chicago so Im just curious, is playing hockey growing in popularity out in Phx? I'm talking pee wee's, hs level, etc.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I'm from Chicago so Im just curious, is playing hockey growing in popularity out in Phx? I'm talking pee wee's, hs level, etc.

Yes, but icetime is expensive due to a lack of facilities so it's still a club sport at most schools.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I know you never want to see a player get seriously injured but between Keith and Shaw's suspensions last year, its clear that every team has physical players that want to win.

I didn't take kindly to the few Chicago fans in attendance at the home opener. They were booing Smith in our house...that didn't go over too well. We thought there was a second foot on the ice for the Hossa hit, they thought Smith was flopping....both hits resulted in suspensions. Its a flawed system but the hypocrisy is hilarious.

I love you for this post. Thank you!

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
The seat next to me is usually unoccupied; if there's a Hawks fan sitting in it (there might have been one for the opener, it was kind of hard to tell and she left after two periods) I might have to spill my drink.

TickleMeYandle

Not so fast,
Dec 19, 2011

Yes, it is. At all levels. My daughter is in initiation class (last step before joining a team, she's 8 so whatever level that is) and the class is packed - probably 30-40 kids coming out for that class each week. Some of these kids are there because they do belong as they aren't quite ready to join a team - but some are there as a 'holding pattern' until the new season starts and there is a spot for them.

I play in two organized leagues as well as a couple of drop-in leagues. The D-league that I do on Monday night has 10 full teams at the lowest level, plus teams at C, B, A, and over-30. The one that I do on Sundays has 3 teams of 18 each - just two seasons ago I remember there being a couple of subs each week because the teams were only 10 each and people would miss for various reasons. Another rink has just started a beginner league for adults and had to cap it at 60 because the demand was so high, and there is another rink that is going to start a developmental league.

during the summer, there is stick time and drop-in galore. but once the season starts, the ice is booked up. One rink doesn't offer ANY public sessions during hockey season because they are simply booked solid. The others only offer limited weekend sessions.

So yes, it's definitely growing. At my Tuesday night adult rookie class, we had 5 new people. we usually see 2-3 every week. And most of them come back regularly.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Despite teams keying in on it, the Coyotes lead the league in shots from D by a healthy margin. This team went from #16 in shots per game to #2 for some reason.

Vip

Jul 25, 2010
Despite teams keying in on it, the Coyotes lead the league in shots from D by a healthy margin. This team went from #16 in shots per game to #2 for some reason.

Must be DT's new game plan. Get a lot of shots.

Vip

Jul 25, 2010
Nice fight... Can't really tell who won.

Good to get that out of the way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad