GDT: Game 11 - Chicago Blackhawks @ Raffi Torres

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
WELCOME BACK RAFFI TORRES

images

Blackhawks take on Raffi Torres and the Phoenix Coyotes at Jobing.Com Arena tonight. Remember when we beat you in the playoffs? I do!

images

Handshakes of defeat.

Tonight's lines

Blackhawks

Saad-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Bolland-Kane
Bickell-Shaw-Stalberg
Bollig-Kruger-Frolik

Keith-Seabrook
Oduya-Hjammalson
Brookbank-Leddy

Emery

Raffi Torres

Torres-Torres-Torres
Torres-Torres-Torres
Torres-Torres-Torres
Torres-Torres-Torres

Torres-Torres
Torres-Torres
Torres-Torres

Torres

Don't worry Blackhawks, keep your head up, and you should be ok.

Last edited:

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
Mod Warning, for all visitors and regulars:

Posting Rules: Unacceptable Conduct
1) Flaming: Do not post any messages that harass, insult (name calling), belittle, threaten or mock other members. Debates are fine, but critique the opinion, not the person. Personal attacks are not permitted. Do not call other posters trolls. Do not use sweeping generalizations and plural pronouns to cloak personal attacks. For example if a poster(s) states that he thinks 'x' is a good idea, replying that "Anyone who supports 'x' is an idiot" is a personal attack. Do not start threads to call out and embarrass other members; or make posts about ignore lists.

2) Trolling: Do not post topics with the sole purpose of starting a dispute. Note that a person disagreeing with your opinion is NOT trolling; keep it civil, even if you're sure the other person is wrong. When visiting the team forums please note that they are fan forums for that team and are here mainly for the enjoyment of that team's fans. Do not visit team forums to cheer against or demean their team, or cheer for their opponent. In other words, if you want to cheer for the Habs and criticize the Bruins, do it on the Habs board. And if someone is doing the opposite on the Bruins board, don't start flaming them to defend the honor of your team. Either ignore it respectfully disagree and move on. Wishing illness or injury on someone will almost always be regarded as trolling or offensive. We do not permit any forums to be used to demean/insult the fans of other teams. That is considered trolling. Copying posts from one HFBoard team forum to another for this purpose is considered trolling.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_faq#faq_forum_rules

Trolling will not be tolerated today, the first game was too much fun.

Last edited:

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Is it trolling if each fanbase keeps it to their respective board?

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
The one game where I hope Bissonnette is in the lineup, just in case this one gets messy.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
Is it trolling if each fanbase keeps it to their respective board?

I know you never want to see a player get seriously injured but between Keith and Shaw's suspensions last year, its clear that every team has physical players that want to win.

I didn't take kindly to the few Chicago fans in attendance at the home opener. They were booing Smith in our house...that didn't go over too well. We thought there was a second foot on the ice for the Hossa hit, they thought Smith was flopping....both hits resulted in suspensions. Its a flawed system but the hypocrisy is hilarious.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I know you never want to see a player get seriously injured but between Keith and Shaw's suspensions last year, its clear that every team has physical players that want to win.

I'm talking about the double standard going on right now. There's a wanted dead or alive poster, Blachawk fans calling us filth and saying we can't lose our team fast enough, wishing injury on Torres etc...

I didn't take kindly to the few Chicago fans in attendance at the home opener. They were booing Smith in our house...that didn't go over too well. We thought there was a second foot on the ice for the Hossa hit, they thought Smith was flopping....both hits resulted in suspensions. Its a flawed system but the hypocrisy is hilarious.

I sat next to one. He was nice enough not to swear because there was a kid near us, but he was obnoxious. Couldn't for the life of him figure out why Torres wasn't dressed. I just get tired of the constant hounding from other fanbases. They follow us around to any and every thread. You can chirp all you want, so long as you don't do it by name. Maybe this is what every team that enjoys a little success feels. Maybe... we are relevant? :laugh: First time for everything!

Last edited by a moderator:

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
I'm talking about the double standard going on right now. There's a wanted dead or alive poster, Blachawk fans calling us filth and saying we can't lose our team fast enough, wishing injury on Torres etc...

The season-ticket base is around 5,000. That's a rough estimation. Not even Indiana Jones could unearth the actual number.

I know, I know they must be talking about the Coyotes...oh wait its from this article:D:

There's no truth whatsoever to the slanderous rumor that the Hawks have, in fact, suspended operations. It only seems that way. The biggest paper in town, the Tribune, doesn't send a beat writer on the road anymore. The electronic media has forgotten they exist.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=johnson/060417_blackhawks

This is not ancient history so they must be reminded of it. Since 2000, Coyotes had a better attendance records over Chicago in:

03-04
04-05 (obviously a tie)
05-06
06-07

Last edited:

Jntg4

Jan 13, 2013
I know, I know they must be talking about the Coyotes...oh wait its from this article:D:

Worst Franchise: Blackhawks

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=johnson/060417_blackhawks

This is not ancient history so they must be reminded of it.

Since 2000, Coyotes had a better attendance record over Chicago in:

03-04
05-06
06-07

I would have assumed it would have been better in 04-05 as well.

The old Wirtz wouldn't even televise our games or spend on players at all, he really alienated the fan base. Not sure how it is relevant anymore.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Tonights game is must see tv. Some are even hoping for an Islanders vs Pens kind of brawl from a while back. I say the Coyotes should focus on getting the 2 points.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The old Wirtz wouldn't even televise our games or spend on players at all, he really alienated the fan base. Not sure how it is relevant anymore.

It's relevant because a bad owner can single-handedly drive even the best teams and situations straight into the ground.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Tonights game is must see tv. Some are even hoping for an Islanders vs Pens kind of brawl from a while back. I say the Coyotes should focus on getting the 2 points.

I can't see either Q or Tip allowing this to become a circus. It'll be business as usual, I suspect. Bollig or somebody might challenge Raffi early, and I'm sure Raffi will answer the bell. After that, both sides will move on and focus on gaining valuable points.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Kane is such a little *****. Doesnt even shake one players hand in that video after they lost. Also looked like he was crying.

10/10 on the GDT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->