Goal-Day Thread Game 10: Lightning @ Coyotes | 10/27/2018 6:00 p.m. PDT | FS-A

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Sorry for the buzzkill. I worry that a potential big win will positively reinforce Tocchet’s decision to scratch him... I’m a Yotes fan, so I guess instead of finding the silver lining, I’m finding the sh*tty lining. Loving this game, though. I actually stayed pretty optimistic during the Coyotes first 5 games, and think they have played well, and are more fun to watch than I’ve seen in years.

Oh he'll definitely scratch him. What other team would prefer Cousins at center and on the PP instead of Strome? We've had two #3 picks in the last decade and f***ed them both up. This organization doesn't deserve high picks. Can't wait for Strome to request a trade. That will be the final nail in the coffin.

Reactions: DoanStopBelievin

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Tonight was my first time seeing Tampa Bay live. I was surprised to see as many Lightening fans as I did. In the 8 years I've lived in Arizona I have only met one person from Florida and I had never met a Lightening fan nor seen a jersey in the wild. Anywhere. Ever.

A good and lively bunch it seems.

I spent a bit more than I normally do and sat in 108/F. Great experience all around and witnessed the best Coyotes game that I've seen. Making up for the goalless efforts to start the season.

In arena crowd seemed a bit larger than I normally witness and that is good. Hope they can keep building on this momentum.

Reactions: Name Nameless

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
@SniperHF is our best GDT maker....

But since @Katie Connauton now has two wins in a row the Coyotes logic dictates he’s a healthy scratch for next game. :naughty:

We play next on a Tuesday and I have to miss at very least the first 50 minutes of all Tuesday games this fall, so I feel like it's pointless to make a GDT for a game I pretty much can't watch or follow because I'm busy.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
We play next on a Tuesday and I have to miss at very least the first 50 minutes of all Tuesday games this fall, so I feel like it's pointless to make a GDT for a game I pretty much can't watch or follow because I'm busy.

I work up until an hour before game time but might have to put my pre-season record on the line then.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
It took until December 2nd to win 3 regulation games last season.

Also another "fun" last season fact, they also went on another 7 game losing streak right after that 3rd regulation win :biglaugh:

They didn't win their 4th until 12/27.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
A tale of two Octobers. It was the worst of times. It was a lot better of times.

October 2017 - 13 games played resulting in 3 points.

October 2018 - 10 games played resulting in 10 points. (one more game left in the month)

I'm already happy with the results so far. A win on Tuesday has to be regarded as a successful month.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Weirdly enough for a 7-1 game I think Tampa sucked more than we were good. Not that we played poorly or anything, but every facet of their game looked like ass. Not at all what I expected from a team that talented. We certainly capitalized on their mistakes though, which is great to see.

Grabner is amazing, his PK skills in particular are just unreal. If we can get the PP to even average our special teams play will be huge.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Our D and goal tending was excellent again. I think we played well especially on the PK with our scoring, but TB took us lightly as well. They made so many mental mistakes and LD let in 2 or 3 soft goals. I knew the puck would start going in for us based on all of our scoring chances this year. I've also been telling you guys Strome isn't solid unless we have the puck in the O zone and that his overall game is suspect.

Lets enjoy the success!

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
LOL.... we just beat the best team in the league right now and everyone is bent over a guy who didn’t play......

I love this forum..... :cheers:
This! WTF is wrong with you folks? Y'all have Strome on your fantasy teams? I have no idea how we managed to eek out a win without Strome dominating. Look, Strome was making mental errors. He was. Benching a kid to clear his head is a tried and true remedy in the NHL. No biggie. No need to cry over stunting the development of this second coming of a (Half speed) McDavid.

Reactions: kbay and MIG

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I think Strome has until December to solidify himself or he’s gone.

Either way. I won’t dwell on it. Team looks solid with and without him on the ice

Reactions: kbay

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad