GDT: Game 10: Canada Vs Russia | 1PM EST 7PM CET | RUS 6 - 0 CAN

Dirty Dan

Saturday Night Lupul
May 5, 2010
in ur crease
Why are people getting surprised that russian kids are celebrating like crazy, you dont gotta be don cherry to kbow that

canada and russia have different cultures

i personally like the passion from russia and pride in their team

Reactions: Garyboy

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Why are people getting surprised that russian kids are celebrating like crazy, you dont gotta be don cherry to kbow that

It's just the way tribalism goes. You never hear a peep when Canada's boys go buckwild for goals. They're kids in the spotlight, let them have their fun.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
It was a perfect storm today and Russia deserves full credit for their win.

I just wouldn't want to be playing Canada again in this tournament because they are going to regroup and be very hard to play against.

Reactions: Jocke and Kaizer

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
Last edited:

bagsw

Apr 17, 2016
Saint Petersburg, Russia
This is junior hockey, next time it could be 10:0 for another team.

I hope that Lafreniere will return to the ice, everyone wants to see players like him in this tournament.

Regarding this game, it was very noticeable that russian defense mostly play against men, while canadian guys played more junior style in front of the net.

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
No I don't go around posting predictions for each game. Shocking, I know.

Ofcourse you don't. It's better to wait and see which team wins before making your predictions public. That way you get to be right about 100 percent of the time.

Russia were the clear underdogs going into this game.

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
It's the IIHF's fault for including goal differential to determine position.

Everyone runs up scores against bottom-feeding teams in all IIHF competitions.

With the current system goal differential against lower teams really matters only when

1. Three or more teams are tied on points
2. These teams have same goal differential and goals scored against each other.

OK, on a small detail it may matter who gets to be a "home" team in final.

razor8

Nov 28, 2017

Yeah, young athletes celebrating is awful. They should just thank God instead. :sarcasm:

wishywashy19

Dec 14, 2011
This is junior hockey, next time it could be 10:0 for another team.

I hope that Lafreniere will return to the ice, everyone wants to see players like him in this tournament.

Regarding this game, it was very noticeable that russian defense mostly play against men, while canadian guys played more junior style in front of the net.

Thank God some one understands

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I do not understand those fans who starting to hate own team in bad moments. I do not care about Canada's team but you are forcing me to say a word to put some fair here. Just stop crying. Reminds me of some our fans after the lost to the CZ (fire Bragin, change the hockey head, our team should go home!). WJC is WJC, you should remember that. It's a lot about psychology.

In 2011 Russia lost to Canada 3:6 on the group game, then lost the game against Sweden. The final result is well-known with 5 goals in the third period.
In 2012 in semis Russia was leading 6:1 and in the 10 mins Canada made 6:5. Who knows maybe in the other day you would be more sucessful.
In 2013 Russia lost in group game to Canada on home ice 1:4. But won in the bronze medal game 6:5.

You have f*ck*ng everything to repeat something like that. Absolutely. Even aftrer today's game. It might be unpleasant for someone's ego to lose 6:0 but the score means nothing. Your team played well in the game with the USA and spent all emotions there, as one of the reasons you lost today.

Our team used chanses, somewhere got lucky, played fine in defence and overall disciplined (which was not enough with the Czechs). I wouldn't make big conclusions at all. As well as Canadian team spent a lot of emotions in the previous game — our team spent all they had today and in this sense I am expecting hard game with the USA. I hope Bragin will explain them well who they are and will put them on the ground in the best Russian traditions with a man-to-man talk.​
I will reply the bold part. This hate speech after the CZ game was led by the Russian hockey journalists working in the tournament. Very sad.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Ofcourse you don't. It's better to wait and see which team wins before making your predictions public. That way you get to be right about 100 percent of the time.

Russia were the clear underdogs going into this game.
They brought back like 8 returning players, that is a huge advantage vs a very young Canada team.

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa

canada and russia have different cultures .

. I always thought Canadian juniors over exuberant in celebration, all the time. First goal against US and they went bonkers.
Screen Shot 2019-12-29 at 10.00.16 AM.png

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
People losing their **** at Hayton need to grow up, Jesus. Why people are expected to remove hats/helmets during the anthems is beyond me. He was clearly off in his own world thinking about other things and didn’t even acknowledge it. Anyone saying that a 19 year old kid should be stripped of the C or sent home because he accidentally didn’t adhere to a questionable protocol (for which he apologized) needs to get a grip

Tyttojenvessa

May 23, 2019
Tonite we score 6 goals we score more goals canada, you can give mee one hundred question but russia win, russia better canada

blindpass

May 7, 2010
. I always thought Canadian juniors over exuberant in celebration, all the time. First goal against US and they went bonkers.
View attachment 299353
Important goal, why not? 6-0 is not important, jumping off the glass after it is rubbing salt in the wound because you aren't celebrating a potential change in the result, but the embarrassment of the other team.

Last edited:

Tyttojenvessa

May 23, 2019
you'd better learn English before starting trash talking. you are embarrassing other Russian fans in this thread
Surprised? Im not surprised, russia be ready 100%, it doesnt matter how many shoot the puck our net. We won and thats it. See you next time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad