GDT: Game 10: Canada Vs Russia | 1PM EST 7PM CET | RUS 6 - 0 CAN

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
20wjc10.jpg

Full Tournament Schedule: IIHF - Schedule and Results 2020 IIHF World Junior Championship
Game Info: Game Summary

full

Canada
Confirmed Tournament Roster

Goaltenders:
Nico Daws (G)
Joel Hofer (G)
Oliver Rodrigue (G)

Defensemen:
Kevin Bahl (D)
Calen Addison (D)
Bowen Byram (D)
Jacob Bernard-Docker (D)
Jamie Dysdale (D)
Jared McIssac (D)
Ty Smith (D)

Forwards
Liam Foudy (F)
Joel Valeno (F)
Raphael Lavoie (F)
Alexis Lafreniere (F)
Akil Thomas (F)
Connor McMichael (F)
Ty Dellandrea (F)
Quinton Byfield (F)
Dawson Mercer (F)
Dylan Cozens (F)
Aidan Dudas (F)
Barrett Hayton (F)
Nolan Foote (F)

full

Russia
Confirmed Tournament Roster

Goaltenders:
MIFTAKHOV Amir (G)
ISAYEV Danil (G)
ASKAROV Yaroslav (G)

Defensemen:
ZHURAVLYOV Danil (D)
GALENYUK Danila (D)
ZAMULA Yegor (D)
MALYSHEV Anton (D)
PYLENKOV Danil (D)
ROMANOV Alexander (D)

Forwards:
KHOVANOV Alexander (F)
MOROZOV Ivan (F)
MARCHENKO Kirill (F)
VORONKOV Dmitri (F)
PODKOLZIN Vasili (F)
SOKOLOV Yegor (F)
DENISENKO Grigori (F)
SORKIN Maxim (F)
RTISHEV Nikita (F)
ALEXANDROV Nikita (F)
DOROFEYEV Pavel (F)
GROSHEV Maxim (F)

Scratched:

Do not ask for or provide links to illegal streams.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

J1mLahey

Jan 13, 2011
Toronto
Russia going to be hungry after losing to the Czechs. Canada going to have to withstand that first 10 minutes or so of pressure. Should be interesting to see if Bragin goes back to Askarov or not. Should be a great game, excited for this one!!

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Russia going to be hungry after losing to the Czechs. Canada going to have to withstand that first 10 minutes or so of pressure. Should be interesting to see if Bragin goes back to Askarov or not. Should be a great game, excited for this one!!
Frig off Mr Lahey. Russia will have to withstand 10 minutes. A link is only as long as your strong chain and Canada is going to burn that hatchet at both ends.

Rickyism aside, I think Russia has lots of skill but looked a little disjointed and susceptible to odd man rushes vs Czech Republic and Canada will eat that up if it continues.

Hattrickkane88

Apr 11, 2019
Physically Canada is just too much, they will stomp them out for a big dub. Can't wait to watch it though should be an exciting game.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Frig off Mr Lahey. Russia will have to withstand 10 minutes. A link is only as long as your strong chain and Canada is going to burn that hatchet at both ends.

Rickyism aside, I think Russia has lots of skill but looked a little disjointed and susceptible to odd man rushes vs Czech Republic and Canada will eat that up if it continues.

Czechs played a trap, which Canada is not going to play for sure. Half the game it looked like Russia had a permanent PP, and if not Askarov and stupid penalties... Russia has some big guys as well and is very good on forechecking.

Not going to predict anything, but it'll be a very good hockey, as always, when it comes to Canada - Russia games.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
After watching canada dominate the States I'm not too worried about this game. Its a single game and Russia is a solid team so I wouldnt be shocked by a loss for Canada but I really think Canada is the most talented team at this tournament.

I wonder if Canadas second line will still have Byfield on it to start the game

Reactions: Dominance

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I predict a close game

Can’t draw too much from the Russian loss to the Czechs expect that they were ridiculously undisciplined and had suspect goaltending.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Can't believe how mis-aligned the divisions are.

Canada Russia US Czechs in one division.

Swedes and Fins in the other.

I would put the Swiss / Slovaks at 7th 8th in ranking.

Germany Khaz are in much lower level.

Russia loses to Canada and then has to face the US? They could easily be 0 - 3 with a decent team. That Russia US game will be huge.

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
Physically Canada is just too much, they will stomp them out for a big dub. Can't wait to watch it though should be an exciting game.

Canada hasn't dominated Russia physically in like 10 years, at any level. Russia has totally caught up to Canada in this department.
That said, I like Canada's skill level here.
4-2 Canucks

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Canada is young but bigger than most teams. They’ll need to play physical out of the gate to set the tone. At the same time they’ll need to stay disciplined as Russia’s powerplay will be slick as usual.

Not sure if I’ll be able to watch (game starts at 3am here in Korea) but I’ll be rooting in spirit at the very least!

dombrova22

Apr 12, 2017
Canada hasn't dominated Russia physically in like 10 years, at any level. Russia has totally caught up to Canada in this department.
That said, I like Canada's skill level here.
4-2 Canucks
One word: Bahl.

FastEddie

Feb 22, 2019
In this bonkers tournament I'm surprised any of you would be arrogant about a prediction. I did notice Canada's size against the Americans and something about it boded well. That said they could look entirely snake bitten tomorrow and maybe even lose to the Czechs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad