GDT: Game 10 | Buffalo @ Ottawa | Feb 5th, 7:30PM | Whar GDT Whar?

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I'm actually starting to understand why Shawn Simpson doesn't work in the NHL anymore. His assessment of players is almost always off from what I have heard. couldn't even give Da Costa his props for tonight. Pff.

Rysto

Oct 3, 2009
The badlands
You know what I love about Buffalo? The fact that we've been using the same game plan against them for 6.5 years now and they still can't beat it. Attack their D with a heavy forecheck, force turnovers and pin them in their zone. Works almost every time.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Well they traded their #1 center in Roy and got Ott back, also tradedtheir #3 center in Gaustad and he was their best faceoff guy.

So now

Hodgson
Ennis
Grigorenko
Ott took faceoffs for whoever his center was (Benn?) in Dallas though. You would think he'd be better than he has been this season.

General Granny*

I'm actually starting to understand why Shawn Simpson doesn't work in the NHL anymore. His assessment of players is almost always off from what I have heard. couldn't even give Da Costa his props for tonight. Pff.

He really has been terrible lately.

Berserker*

Regin was excellent.

haters?

bruiser?

He had a decent game. I will give him that but he is still overrated. He is a finesse bottom sixer who can't hit is weak along the boards and is average in terms of his defensive ability. He is a smart player so he will usually be in a good position to either get a scoring chance or make a play but he has very little finish. So when he isn't putting up points, he isn't contributing all that much out there (or at the very least anything that can't easily be replaced by another player).

He has playing pretty poorly until this game and he will need to perform similar to the way he did on a consistent basis for him not to catch any flak.

IMO Regin fanboys are pretty similar to Ryan Shannon fanboys. Both are pretty mediocre players with a bit of offensive flare. There isn't really anything special about either of them and they are a dime a dozen kind of players.

Berserker*

I actually expected a bit more out of Da Costa tonight, but he still performed well considering that he was given 4th line minutes with 4th line linemates. I was impressed with the pass he made to O'brien late in the 3rd. I don't know why O'brien took the shot, there wasn't a scoring chance available from that angle. He should have passed it back to Da Costa.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005

Simpson, Brennan, Garioch to the CBC for Garry Galley on the Team and Sportsnet.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
I actually expected a bit more out of Da Costa tonight, but he still performed well considering that he was given 4th line minutes with 4th line linemates. I was impressed with the pass he made to O'brien late in the 3rd. I don't know why O'brien took the shot, there wasn't a scoring chance available from that angle. He should have passed it back to Da Costa.

That was a sick move, right at the blue line on a steal and then that perfect pass just outside of the reach of the Buffalo player. It was such a skilled and nice move.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
He had a decent game. I will give him that but he is still overrated. He is a finesse bottom sixer who can't hit is weak along the boards and is average in terms of his defensive ability. He is a smart player so he will usually be in a good position to either get a scoring chance or make a play but he has very little finish. So when he isn't putting up points, he isn't contributing all that much out there (or at the very least anything that can't easily be replaced by another player).

He has playing pretty poorly until this game and he will need to perform similar to the way he did on a consistent basis for him not to catch any flak.

IMO Regin fanboys are pretty similar to Ryan Shannon fanboys. Both are pretty mediocre players with a bit of offensive flare. There isn't really anything special about either of them and they are a dime a dozen kind of players.

Couldn't have said it better myself. :handclap:

SevenOfSpades

Dec 9, 2010
Ian Mendes ‏@ian_mendes
MacLean says that Jacob Silfverberg is fine after taking that shot to the hand late in the 3rd period.

Oh sure... that's the official story.

Suddenly he's got the flu, then a throat infection, then concussion symptoms. :shakehead

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Annnnnnd 35 minutes before sports net shows highlights from the game they just broadcast.

Nice quick abbreviated highlight pack sandwiched between gloating over JVR's 2 goal night and Tmlol's big win over the beer league team formerly known as the Caps.

Thanks Sportsnet!

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax

Overrated??? Are you kidding me? Nobody rates this guy highly. You're just making things up to so you can continue to bash him.

He's been very good defensively this year. He was great on the pk and pitched in 2 points tonight. That is what he can bring the team. Nobody is calling him a star. But he's a useful player. Get over your hate and be objective.

Also, Regin doesn't have fanboys. 90% of this board bashes him relentlessly. The rest of us realize he's a good player that was in a slump offensively but can be a good role player for this team. Is that opinion really less reasonable that those calling for him to be waived (i.e. you) after 9 games?

But I'm sure you'll just make up something else that isn't true so you can twist it and bash him again, so I'll just leave you to it.

harvey

Jun 5, 2006
Ottawa
What a fun exciting game :)
all lines worked hard.
What's our record now without Spezza?
hmmmmmmmmm

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Overrated??? Are you kidding me? Nobody rates this guy highly. You're just making things up to so you can continue to bash him.

He's been very good defensively this year. He was great on the pk and pitched in 2 points tonight. That is what he can bring the team. Nobody is calling him a star. But he's a useful player. Get over your hate and be objective.

Also, Regin doesn't have fanboys. 90% of this board bashes him relentlessly. The rest of us realize he's a good player that was in a slump offensively but can be a good role player for this team. Is that opinion really less reasonable that those calling for him to be waived (i.e. you) after 9 games?

But I'm sure you'll just make up something else that isn't true so you can twist it and bash him again, so I'll just leave you to it.
Both Regin and Condra have great corsi stats.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com

He's right. I think he's a good player, but not offensive enough to play top 6 on a good team. He's not going to be here long term IMO

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa

Says Bruiser whose every second post is about David Dziurzinsky.

Berserker*

He has played poorly this season. I guess your his fan or something so you don't take criticism of his play very well.

He really isn't anything special and it won't be hard at all to replace what he brings to the table. If Hoffman was healthy then he could bring everything that Regin brings to the table and then some.

At ya he is very overrated. I guess you don't remember when he had that god playoff series and fans on here were saying that he is the next Zetteberg. They also said that he would be a steal if re-signed at $3.5 million.

Even in this game he wasn't all that special. Aside from the pass to Neil he didn't do much out there. His inability to hit and lack of physical strength was a big part of Buffalo's third goal. If he makes that hit the pass isn't made and they don't score.

And how am I not being objective? Just because your his fan, doesn't mean he is playing well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad