GDT: Game 10 | Buffalo @ Ottawa | Feb 5th, 7:30PM | Whar GDT Whar?

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Welp, Regin's Corsi stats are better than Karlsson's.

Trade Karlsson? :sarcasm:
Corsi is a puck possession stat, not a "how super awesome is this player?" stat. :p:

You'll notice how bad Turris' Corsi stats are, but that's because his line is our shutdown line that plays against the opponent's best players, which makes his job more difficult.

--

But the reason I bring Corsi up when talking about Regin and Condra is because of how consistently high their Corsi stats are every single year. It means it's not a fluke and helps prove these two players are great defensively (due to how they keep the puck - opponent can't score if they don't have possession of the puck) even if they aren't "big physical guys that hit people".

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Why does NHL.com say that Karlsson was 0 today. He was on ice for 3 goals FOR (1 PP)... so +2, but 1 ES goal against... so shouldn't he be +1? Little nit-picky, that's all.

Anyways, I felt like the Sens back-paddled after scoring 4 goals. They can't just sit back...but it's a natural tendency for teams to do so I'll let that slide. ;)

KarlssonMarx

Be Red
Mar 1, 2012
Halifax
Zibanejad's best NHL game yet...by a lot. He was making awesome plays all over the ice tonight. Thought he was one of our best players.

PierresGabriels

Jan 13, 2010
Orleans
Does anyone have or know where I may be able to get a video of the in-arena "Kiss Cam" thing from tonight's game?

One of my good pals made it on as the last guy. He went for the beer instead of the girl...my buddies and I thought it was pretty funny.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
He has played poorly this season. I guess your his fan or something so you don't take criticism of his play very well.

He really isn't anything special and it won't be hard at all to replace what he brings to the table. If Hoffman was healthy then he could bring everything that Regin brings to the table and then some.

At ya he is very overrated. I guess you don't remember when he had that god playoff series and fans on here were saying that he is the next Zetteberg. They also said that he would be a steal if re-signed at $3.5 million.

Even in this game he wasn't all that special. Aside from the pass to Neil he didn't do much out there. His inability to hit and lack of physical strength was a big part of Buffalo's third goal. If he makes that hit the pass isn't made and they don't score.

And how am I not being objective? Just because your his fan, doesn't mean he is playing well.

lol, maybe he was overrated back then but i don't see anyone saying those things lately.

i don't know why you like to propose all the replacements. hoffman can replace this guy, stone can replace this guy, dziurzynski can replace this dude, grant... you get the picture. if they were truly better than what is currently on the ice, they'd be up here helping us win. again you are making a lot of assumptions.

yeah he hasn't been playing well up to this point, but i think you can see that he is playing better. and if you can't see what he brings to the team then not sure what to say.

Anca18

Aug 19, 2010
Ottawa, ON
The guy that went for the beer first was hilarious! I couldn't stop laughing for a good minute after that. I did have to break up a fight in section 312 tonight though between an anything but sens fan and a sens fan. Needless to say, the anything but sens fan got his ass handed to him.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Oh my god, is this really happening?

:laugh:

edit: I just went all-in with my vCash on the Sens. It worked a few seasons ago when we were on a bad streak. Join me.

Two games is a bad streak? **** it, I'm all-in too :laugh:

Because games are on early in the morning here, I usually wait and watch them later (on gamecentre)... I like to follow the GDTs anyway, though...

When I saw these three posts and all three at 0 vcash, I thought I was spoiled, figured we must have lost... I was really surprised when we went up 4-1, but then I was shocked when we were still leading with a PP with 15 seconds left... I was already :facepalm: how do we give up a goal in that situation... :laugh::laugh:

Well, nice surprise win

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
Glad we got the win but it got sloppy in our own end more often than I'd like.

I'm happy to see Regin finally have a game on the score sheet. That play to Neil in the 2nd was an absolute beaut. :yo:

General Granny*

I thought Methot had a rough game defensivly. He over played the puck a couple of times, lost track of his man sometimes looked lost.

Saying that Weircioch seems to begetting better and better each passing game.

Also Benoit is an NHL player, he looks more confident out there, has worked great with PPhilips, they complement each other greatly.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Very happy with Weircioch's progress. He (and Benoit) have been an absolute blessing. The fact that we are playing Weircioch, Benoit and Boro for these games and still competitive is a great testament to our depth. Most teams would be absolute crap if they were playing their 7th, 8th and 9th (assuming Lundin was slotted above these 3) dmen this much.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Ottawa's strength is pressuring the defence with relentless puck possession in the opposing zone.

By the third period, we started dumping and changing, which relieved a lot of that pressure and allowed Buffalo to break out with speed.

Our best defence is still our offence.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
Ottawa's strength is pressuring the defence with relentless puck possession in the opposing zone.

By the third period, we started dumping and changing, which relieved a lot of that pressure and allowed Buffalo to break out with speed.

Our best defence is still our offence.

I wonder if it's the team's gameplan to ease up the forecheck when defending a lead or if it's just a young team playing it safe and frustrating the coaching staff.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad