GDT: Game 1: Wings @ preds 8:00 pm et (FSD)

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
Think that was good.

Massively outshot, but they had the lead pretty much the entire game, so you're generally gonna be outshot in those situations.

First line is looking great.

Obviously it's super early, but think Mantha is gonna score 30 in his sleep this season; 40+ for him definitely not out of the realm of possibility.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
solid effort, tonight. Lines look good. Having LGD/Helm/Abby on the grind line really helps us, now, because we don’t lose momentum anymore.

Reactions: Ulysses31

J15

Mar 18, 2009
Great game for the 1st line, Glendening, Howard, Dekeyser. Wasn't really impressed with Hronek, and Hirose just looked out of his league. If he keeps it up I can't imagine it's too long before him and Svech/Kuffner switch places.

Hughes Hefner

May 12, 2018
It's only game one but I thought all the guys stevie brought it in were good tonight. Erne was hard and good on the cycle. Filipula made some nice play's and was great on the back check and I thought Nemeth was real steady.

J15

Mar 18, 2009
I’ll reserve judgement on Hirose until AA gets back. He had a rough game but he’s also a player who produces exponentially more when playing with players who can finish.

He was a straight up liability tonight. He's obviously a great play maker but once teams develop a better scouting report on him I think he'll continue to get exploited. Hockey smarts only go so far when you weigh 160lbs. Best thing for his career is probably to skip the AHL and live in Mike Barwis's basement for a year.

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
He was a straight up liability tonight. He's obviously a great play maker but once teams develop a better scouting report on him I think he'll continue to get exploited. Hockey smarts only go so far when you weigh 160lbs. Best thing for his career is probably to skip the AHL and live in Mike Barwis's basement for a year.
Who?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
AA is much needed to shift the opposition's focus from solely being on the first line.

I agree he will help. But it is worth pointing out that was Ellis and Josi they were abusing tonight. That isn't a bad D pairing. They are capable of doing that to almost any d-pairing and line in the league. Those three are just a lot to deal with because of the way their gifts blend.

Reactions: lomekian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad