GDT: Game 1: Wings @ preds 8:00 pm et (FSD)

lgrwmike

Dec 28, 2007
Deerfield Beach, FL
EGHmxxcX0AEbiHC

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Do you guys believe cholowski will be better ofthe 1st powerplay than hronek would be?
I'd prefer Hronek on PP1 since he'd be the only RHS. Cholo-Green on PP2 L/R combo. But iirc Cholo produced a higher% of his pts on PP, so I can see the logic or "logic", depending on the set up/outcome.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Do you guys believe cholowski will be better ofthe 1st powerplay than hronek would be?

Yes because he fits the system they are trying to operate. Hronek on the first unit would be working the point and feeding Mantha, but by dropping him to the second unit they slide him down to the half wall to use his shot as the trigger man. I think this set up works well because Cholowski should emerge in a big way as a point man on the powerplay with his ability to walk the line and find passing/shooting lanes.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Glad to see Hronek bulked up some to 183 lbs. I thought I read somewhere that was the case, but this confirms it. I'd like to see Hronek @ 190 lbs. Mantha now @ 234 lbs. now! Nemeth @ 228 lbs. & Erne @ 212 lbs. were good adds to help keep the flies off.

Jimmy Howard checking in at 218...tough weight to play at for a goalie.

Does AA weight less today than he did 2 years ago? Wonder what Barwis thinks of him coming in at 188 and his vegan diet.

Seems like Abby has lost weight over time.

Hirose at 162 :0

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Cholowskis a left hand shooter which means he can feed mantha one timers much easier than Hronek can. Plus cholo is a great passer in general, Hronek is a better shooter.

It’s such a minor distinction, but the logic really checks out. I’m happy the coaching staff made that change to the powerplay this year.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
I think Hronek is a better PP QB personally but I'm just fine with Cholo on that unit. I think Cholowski is better at transporting the puck and Hronek at creating offense in zone.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015

I'd prefer Filppula with Hirose and AA. Glendening just doesn't mesh with that line. Filppula can at least drive some possession and play defense. Glendening just plays well from his blue line back. Glendening would be much better with Frans and Erne as a physical third line.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
Glad to see Hronek bulked up some to 183 lbs. I thought I read somewhere that was the case, but this confirms it. I'd like to see Hronek @ 190 lbs. Mantha now @ 234 lbs. now! Nemeth @ 228 lbs. & Erne @ 212 lbs. were good adds to help keep the flies off.
it became obvious a couple years ago mantha was an extremely rare powerforward with size-coordination-ruggedness-shot . E.X.T.R.E.M.E.L.Y. R.A.R.E. ! right then and there i wanted holland to offer him 8 years but no kenny had to play hard ball to keep all his bottom half roster talents signed . and the whining about mantha not skating 200' north 200' south at full speed over and over like a 180lb player . now at minimum its going to cost way more cap hit and he maybe walks . alls left to say is im ecstatic the very dense hollands outta here .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->