GDT: Game 1: Wings @ preds 8:00 pm et (FSD)

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I regret underestimating Bertuzzi so much.... I only predicted somewhere between 82-90 points this year. Clearly, he is going to blow that away by a long shot

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I regret underestimating Bertuzzi so much.... I only predicted somewhere between 82-90 points this year. Clearly, he is going to blow that away by a long shot
I underestimated him, I think everyone did. He doesn't have any elite skills, yet he does all the little things right. He's like a slightly smaller but grittier version of TJ Oshie. If there's an elite skill there, it's all effort and hockey IQ. I liked that little wrap around on the empty net.

Reactions: Sentinel

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Pretty solid game for us against a very good team, although we did get lucky in sections of the game. The top line was awesome pretty much all night, and Howard was solid in goal. Other than the bobble in the 3rd, Filppula had a good defensive effort with some nice plays. Glendening had his motor on all night which is always a good thing when he does.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I agree that Bertuzzi seems to have an uncommonly high hockey IQ. He seems to be at the right places at the right time doing the right things that bring about right outcomes.

Best comment ever about Bertuzzi.

He is not the biggest, not the fastest, not the most skilled guy there.

But all the time does only right things and produces remarkably well. And has maybe the best mental toughness from our kid core.

Reactions: Sentinel

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005
That's nice to say.
But at the end of the day, no NHL coach is going to start cholo and Hronek and then choose Bowey over Daley.

And as bad as Daley was last year, Bowey's GA/60 was 3.28. Daley's was 2.8.

Unless Daley plays himself out of the lineup, don't expect to see much Bowey UNLESS Cholo or Hronek get optioned to GR.

I dont buy that at all. Bowey has looked great, Daley hasn't. Daley was a liability in gm 1.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Just got home from my Nashville trip, here are my takeaways from the experience -

The city in general is fantastic. Loved the Broadway scene, the arena, and many of the places that we went to around Nashville. I kept hearing that commuting, traffic, and parking were rough but it was really easy to be honest (but I'm also accustomed to Atlanta metro which is way worse in those regards).

The Preds fans & staff were accommodating and friendly despite the result. Even had fans get us free drinks at a predominately Preds fan bar (still tough to comprehend how we achieved that one) We definitely got some verbal jabs throughout the night but nothing too crazy. It's weird celebrating after a goal in a quiet away arena. There were quite a few Wings fans, but I was honestly expecting more of us.

Overall, great game and great experience. Felt lucky to win that one but I'll definitely take it. I would absolutely visit again for a game.

Jess Kidman

Apr 23, 2019
Smashville
Just got home from my Nashville trip, here are my takeaways from the experience -

The city in general is fantastic. Loved the Broadway scene, the arena, and many of the places that we went to around Nashville. I kept hearing that commuting, traffic, and parking were rough but it was really easy to be honest (but I'm also accustomed to Atlanta metro which is way worse in those regards).

The Preds fans & staff were accommodating and friendly despite the result. Even had fans get us free drinks at a predominately Preds fan bar (still tough to comprehend how we achieved that one) We definitely got some verbal jabs throughout the night but nothing too crazy. It's weird celebrating after a goal in a quiet away arena. There were quite a few Wings fans, but I was honestly expecting more of us.

Overall, great game and great experience. Felt lucky to win that one but I'll definitely take it. I would absolutely visit again for a game.
You weren't wearing a Fedorov jersey by chance were you?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad