GDT: Game 1: Wings @ preds 8:00 pm et (FSD)

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I really liked the Blocked shots & almost 50% of our shots = a Scoring chance, aka not a lot of perimeter stuff.

upload_2019-10-5_23-21-30.png

J15

Mar 18, 2009
No. Who in hell is Mike Barwis?
Wings new strength and conditioning coach Yzerman brought in or officially "Director of Sports Science and Human Performance". Pretty well respected across several professional sports.

Reactions: Sentinel

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I’ll reserve judgement on Hirose until AA gets back. He had a rough game but he’s also a player who produces exponentially more when playing with players who can finish.
I'm with you, but Blash should really limit his ice time while AA is out, especially when the team had a lead most of the game. Also not sure why Abby got more ice time than Forehand Luke.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Wait, I can't watch the GR replay on the official AHL site during their free weekend?

Screw those guys.

I mean, if I had $60, I’d probably get the GR package. Not now, though.

6a0120a6dde087970b0133ee6c6112970b-320wi

Last edited:

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Svech had a nice preseason and sounds like he may have had a nice GR game tonight. Micky said that injury didn't hinder his development.

I think he'd be an upgrade over Ehn right now. And so would Givani Smith. Wings could get tougher and have more offensive snarl if they lose both Ehn and De la Rose in favor of those guys.

I must say, I've always like Glendenning. The guy is a work horse. If Babcock had his way, he'd swap four TOR 1st rounders for him right now and play him on their #1 line. Pulling pianos- Lol

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
Incredible that this team with all its weaknesses in recent years keeps beating Nashville in their own barn - 6 time on the bounce.

As we've all been saying, if the top line stays relatively injury free, they are going to put up a LOT of points. Mantha's agent must be a happy man!

Good to see LGD rewarded with points. Yes injuries and roster weakness mean he's higher up the line-up than he should be, but for all his limitations at the elite level, I love him as a part of this roster because he plays with an intensity that others could do with also adopting. Also nice for Flip to get a point on a good little play on his first game back as a wing.

If the first line keeps rolling, Cholowski and Hronek both stick and keep growing and double A and Hirose refind their chemistry, this year I don;t really care about the rest of the wings roster (bar vets retaining trade value as rentals!)

Oct 18, 2006
Liked what I saw.

That 1st line is amazing, ridiculous chemistry and Mantha is set to explode this season. He was a beast out there. I honestly didn't see much in Bertuzzi when he first came up, but my goodness, he gets the job done. Getting better and better.

Liked Filppula's game, some superb defensive plays. Also really liked Erne, good speed/skill/size. I'm a fan.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Cherish this moment. Young rosters will have wonderful highs... and ghastly lows.

Fantastic to see MLB light it up, and LGD get rewarded for some great intensity. Onward to Dallas!

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
Wait, I can't watch the GR replay on the official AHL site during their free weekend?

Screw those guys.

I mean, if I had $60, I’d probably get the GR package. Not now, though.

6a0120a6dde087970b0133ee6c6112970b-320wi
I was able to watch the rerun for free. I had to put my CC in but wasn't charged

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
The foundation looks solid. Great game. Hope they have better luck with injuries this season.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Daley is less established of a commodity than Bowey at this point.

That's nice to say.
But at the end of the day, no NHL coach is going to start cholo and Hronek and then choose Bowey over Daley.

And as bad as Daley was last year, Bowey's GA/60 was 3.28. Daley's was 2.8.

Unless Daley plays himself out of the lineup, don't expect to see much Bowey UNLESS Cholo or Hronek get optioned to GR.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
The team outworked Nashville, especially that first line and cashed in on the opportunities they had. That led to a well deserved win.

On to Detroit tonight to face the Stars!

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
The team outworked Nashville, especially that first line and cashed in on the opportunities they had. That led to a well deserved win.

On to Detroit tonight to face the Stars!

Detroit didn't outwork Nashville? They got badly outworked and took advantage on counters.

Howard played well. Saros allowed some weak goals.
Nashville didn't take advantage of all their opportunities. Detroit did.

Reactions: Sentinel

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
That's nice to say.
But at the end of the day, no NHL coach is going to start cholo and Hronek and then choose Bowey over Daley.

And as bad as Daley was last year, Bowey's GA/60 was 3.28. Daley's was 2.8.

Unless Daley plays himself out of the lineup, don't expect to see much Bowey UNLESS Cholo or Hronek get optioned to GR.

Was that from his time with the Wings or the entire season? A true comparision should be his 17gp w/Wings vs. Daley's gp.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Liked what I saw.

That 1st line is amazing, ridiculous chemistry and Mantha is set to explode this season. He was a beast out there. I honestly didn't see much in Bertuzzi when he first came up, but my goodness, he gets the job done. Getting better and better.

Liked Filppula's game, some superb defensive plays. Also really liked Erne, good speed/skill/size. I'm a fan.
I have to say I noticed Flip more this game than I ever notice Nielsen. But then I realized I actually noticed Nielsen a bit this game too. Maybe Flip's presence has put some pressure on him to step up his game?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad