Jun 3, 2014
Saskatchewan
How the hell did we get Girard out of Nashville
2jfnjd.jpg

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Girard was really impressive. This guy alone makes the Duchene trade worth it let alone the other pieces.

I'm already a fan of Calvert. Man he is fast. Dries did pretty well too for his first NHL game. Rantanen is much stronger on his skate. Much better balance. He's going to have another big year I think.

Overall great game by everybody except Landy. He had a tough time getting out of our zone tonight. Very exciting team to watch. I just love to beat the Wild.

On pace for 164 pts.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
That was a fun game to go to. Always leaves a warm feeling in my heart after beating the Mild. I sure hope the folks watching at home got to see Dubnyk stumble on his way to the bench. Maybe its the drinks, but the whole section I was in (Myself included) was laughing.

I don't know who's in charge of Pepsi vision, but we only got one replay of Wilson's goal that got called back, the Barrie trip and no replay what so ever of the offsides challenge.

Did Barrie trip him?

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
that pass takes way more skill and finess than many passes that goes to Mack who just snipes it against a goalie. It's also a set up for essentially a breakaway for Compher.
Oh yeah it was a skilled play for sure, but there was no goaltender so I have a hard time saying it isn't a garbage, or free-be point.

Reactions: Murzu

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
My game thoughts:

- Wow is Girard fun to watch. While he had a fantastic game, I was suprised with how many passes he missed (which still wasn’t a lot), but I’m gonna chalk that up to rust which means he’s going to be even scarier moving forward. I also thought he seemed more poised with the puck than last season, but it’s one game so we shall have to see. None the less he was very positively noticeable tonight.
- I thought Varly had a very strong game, especially considering he tends to fall asleep if he doesn’t get peppered all night. He stayed focused and made some pretty fantastic saves in the third to keep us up a goal. I personally believe he derserved a star.
- I enjoyed how both Sodaberg and Cole played tonight. Both played like the defensive veteran we expect them to be and while I think Soda had the better game between the two it was nice not to have to worry about what pair was on the ice tonight.
-Rantanen seems to be stronger this year, he made some very difficult plays look casual and made a very nice pass to MacK for the GWG.
Now the not so positive:
-I thought Gabe killed a lot of breakouts for the top line tonight. He was hitting everything, blocking shots and getting in front of the net which was great to see, but it seemed the play died more often than not when the puck was on his stick. Moving forward I hope he manages to be a little more sure handed and doesn’t bobble or trip over the puck and himself so much.

All in all a good effort tonight and a great win against the Wild.

Edit:
On the Kerfoot pass:
-Duchene would have hit his stick causing him to miss the hat trick and the thirty goal mark :sarcasm:

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
The thing about Soda is that might be the best role for him. He seems to play much better with those keep it simple, grinding style players, than he does with the more skilled guys.

He's not the fastest guy on the ice but is usually the smartest. Those guys tend to work out with north-south skating puck hounds. Very impressived with that entire line tonight.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
My game thoughts:

- Wow is Girard fun to watch. While he had a fantastic game, I was suprised with how many passes he missed (which still wasn’t a lot), but I’m gonna chalk that up to rust which means he’s going to be even scarier moving forward. I also thought he seemed more poised with the puck than last season, but it’s one game so we shall have to see. None the less he was very positively noticeable tonight.
- I thought Varly had a very strong game, especially considering he tends to fall asleep if he doesn’t get peppered all night. He stayed focused and made some pretty fantastic saves in the third to keep us up a goal. I personally believe he derserved a star.
- I enjoyed how both Sodaberg and Cole played tonight. Both played like the defensive veteran we expect them to be and while I think Soda had the better game between the two it was nice not to have to worry about what pair was on the ice tonight.
-Rantanen seems to be stronger this year, he made some very difficult plays look casual and made a very nice pass to MacK for the GWG.
Now the not so positive:
-I thought Gabe killed a lot of breakouts for the top line tonight. He was hitting everything, blocking shots and getting in front of the net which was great to see, but it seemed the play died more often than not when the puck was on his stick. Moving forward I hope he manages to be a little more sure handed and doesn’t bobble or trip over the puck and himself so much.

All in all a good effort tonight and a great win against the Wild.

He should always defer to one of Mikko or Nathan when bringing the puck up the ice and in the case those two arent open then he needs to just dump it in. I didnt like his play with the puck at all tonight but on the defensive side I thought he was his usual sexy self.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
That was a fun game to go to. Always leaves a warm feeling in my heart after beating the Mild. I sure hope the folks watching at home got to see Dubnyk stumble on his way to the bench. Maybe its the drinks, but the whole section I was in (Myself included) was laughing.

I don't know who's in charge of Pepsi vision, but we only got one replay of Wilson's goal that got called back, the Barrie trip and no replay what so ever of the offsides challenge.

Did Barrie trip him?
Barrie very lightly touched Foligno's skate near the faceoff dot. It was mainly caused due to Foligno's crappy skating.

HD89

Jun 16, 2009
What? Just realized Girard didn’t get an assist on the Soderberg goal?
He had one at first, I believe.

Does anyone know why they seemingly took it away? No way the Wild player actually had control of the puck. Should be an apple for Sammy G.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I think we had maybe a total of four or five icings the entire game, and I think G-man was responsible for two or three of those.

They were all for the most part stretch passes, and not the f***ing D using it as a first option for clearing the zone!!

Nemeth may not have even one icing the entire game!

HOLY SHIT BATMAN

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Thoughts...

- That wasn't a perfect game and there are things to clean up, but a win is a win and against these ****s.

- Did not like the PK, it was way too passive for me at times.

- Varlamov was solid, especially on the PK. However, I swear that half of the amazing saves he makes comes from his own rebounds. Dreadful stuff.

- Do you want to know why Barrie has haters? He did such an unnecessary pitch when the score is 2-1 with 5 minutes left leading to a two-on-one for the Wild. I thought he was fantastic today, but that play is so unneeded that late in the game.

- Absolutely loved the Cole and Barrie pairing: besides that one hiccup, I thought that was the most steady pairing tonight.

- Girard is just simply GOAT. Barrie or Johnson as our second best defender? Nah, Girard if he keeps playing like that. Just needs to work on his puck-watching for the future.

- Zadorov totally threw Nino and the Wild mentally off of that last 2:00 minute segment which lead to the empty net goal, all due to that awesome hit. If there is one aspect I want Nikita to develop in, it's becoming faster with his decision-making when he has the puck. He's a bit too easy to forecheque at times I think.

- I don't think we saw the best of the top line tonight and that could've been due to all nagging injuries. Landeskog tended to over-stickhandle the puck at times, but I thought he was the best player on that line.

- Loved Jost today, but didn't really like him on the PP.

- Compher looked awesome.

- Everyone else was good, Wild didn't have any legitimate scoring chances except on the PP. I thought both teams had superb defencive sticks and the refs let the lads play even with all the constant hooking, chopping, and whatnot. Dumba has turned into one hell of a defenceman.

Last edited:

Avs425

Colorado MacKinnon
Jun 3, 2014
Saskatchewan
I think we had maybe a total of four or five icings the entire game, and I think G-man was responsible for two or three of those.

They were all for the most part stretch passes, and not the ****ing D using it as a first option for clearing the zone!!

Nemeth may not have even one icing the entire game!

HOLY **** BATMAN

He did not and i don't even think he even missed a pass actually. Earning that $$$

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad