GDT: Game 1: Mild @ Avalanche - 7PM - HOCKEY IS BACK

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Girard is the D who finished the game with the most TOI.

yICQcVb.png

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Have to be impressed with the Avs this game. Yeah there was going to be a push from the Mild in the third, but they eventually got control back and kept their composure.

Varly really impressed me keeping his composure with that little action. I've been hard on him in the past for when he gives up goals and his ability to stay focused in games where he isn't seeing a lot of shots.

I thought Wilson was better than what the comments here seemed to show, but he can't finish plays. Be it a bad pass, or a bad shot, he just kills all the effort and good he did when the puck comes off his stick. Jost probably should have had a goal tonight if it wasn't for Wilson's bad passes. Kaut is going to be really f***ing nice as a PWF that can actually shoot and complete a pass to compliment a line in the future. Kaut as the third wheel with whoever we draft and Jost is going to be really important as another Landeskog type of player for his line. That line does need that big body for sure.

No one was bad bad, but the top line could have been better. Girard deserved more love on the stat sheet for sure.

Nemeth & Z was much better than Nemo and Cole would have been. Love Cole's game, just the small things at the right times.

We've got so much jam in the bottom nine, but so little finish.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Top line looked sort of out of sync individually tonight. Still some good looks, pretty confident they'll get it together.

Someone buy this team a damn non-top line top six forward who can score.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Guys like Russo and Dater receive tons and tons of hate tweets from fans of opposing teams. Without even looking I'm sure AVS fans trolled him hard after his Landy comment.

Reactions: Murzu

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
40-21 shot advantage, but perhaps more importantly, a 29-13 5v5 shot advantage. Fairly dominant performance in that respect. It was strange for me to watch the Avs-Wild after the last several years and not see the Wild pin the Avs in their own zone for a large part of the game.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Cole made a couple of bad passes, but overall did a lot in front of the net. He just needs to be paired with a high IQ mobile d who can do as much puck moving as possible.

Can't complain about any of the lines really. Wilson played well even though he can't finish. Kerfoot and Jost definitely improved from last season, its obvious even without the points. Soderberg has always been underrated and did not lose a step it seems. Girard will be a top four dman this year, at AGE 20!

I'm not just excited about our top line (which didn't look amazing and still gets a goal), but I honestly don't have a single player on this roster right now that I dread seeing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad