Pre-Game Talk: Game #1 Habs vs Knights, Monday June 14th 9pm

Who will take round 3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I read that the NHL removed awarding the conferences trophies a few weeks ago, but they changed their minds. The Habs are now fighting for the Clarence S. Campbell bowl. The only trophy they have never been allowed to put their hands on because it was in the other conference.

Ducharme used "have you ever done something special?" to motivate the team pre-Leafs game 5. Now they can do something no other Habs team have ever done and probably will never be able to do again.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Playoffs is a different animal. But Habs have had success against Vegas in their 6 games against each other since the Golden Knights came into the league.

Habs' record vs. Vegas is 5-1-0.

Every game the Habs won were by 1 goal. 1 of them in regulation, 3 of them in OT, and 1 of them in the shootout.

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
I'm not wishing for anything but do you think well have another 1st game incident happening on Monday?

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Woah, for the first time, posters are confident about the Habs' chance. Wishful thinking or real possibilities? Mmmm....

Either that or I'm a closet alcoholic. Half in the bag before 10am. ;)

In all seriousness, I really do like our chances against Vegas. Whether you feel the Habs were lucky to get by the Leafs and Jets. The team has been playing like..well a team. They're fore checking well on offense. Clearing the front of the net for Price on D. Scoring timely goals when needed. They obviously haven't been perfect, but I've noticed improvements as the playoffs have gone on. If we can continue with this trend. I can't see them smoking us. I'm picking Habs in 6.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Either that or I'm a closet alcoholic. Half in the bag before 10am. ;)
Like Rusty? Also 1/2 in the bag before 10am.
upload_2021-6-11_10-9-52.jpeg

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
If we play with the same discipline defensively and Price is at the top of his game, anything is possible. The key for me is will we be able to continue breaking out of our zone effectively against Vegas' forecheck.

I expect a tight series.

Reactions: Habs10Habs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad